What makes a rider a goon?

lukemoto
11/20/2019 3:41pm

A goon is usually a top ten C class rider that needs to show all new riders on a motocross track how it's done.
js451
11/21/2019 6:35pm
My nephew blipps his throttle whilst on the straight. Very annoying

The Shop

face biter
11/21/2019 9:34pm
They say a picture is worth a thousand words.....a quick perusal of OfferUp demonstrates that "goonery" is alive and well and that some people's Goon game...
They say a picture is worth a thousand words.....a quick perusal of OfferUp demonstrates that "goonery" is alive and well and that some people's Goon game have been elevated to previously unseen levels.

Witness exhibit A. If you've mounted the seat off a 1982 CR480 unto a 1993 CR80......you might be a goon

Exhibit B - If you're using anything that ends in the word "tape" to include duct tape, scotch tape, electrical tape, gaff tape, packaging tape etc. etc. to keep your seat mounted..... you might be a goon

Exhibit B subsection 1 - If you are guilty of using tape to keep your seat on but posses the forethought and cunning to tape it on backwards...... you just might be the " Shit-Fucker Deluxe Goon of the Inland Empire region"

Exhibit C - If you are drilling self tapping screws through your seat vinyl & seat foam but miss the seat pan and carry on with said screw through the obviously mismatched side panel and potentially don't even reach the frame...... you might be a goon

Exhibit D & E - If you've ever approached your bike with a can of spray paint decided that the only way you were ever going to get noticed by, and invited to session with The Metal Mulishal crew was to spray paint your plastic black with the blissful ignorance of not realizing paint doesn't adhere that well to flexible parts.....you might be a goon.

If you don't take the time to at least remove the plastic to paint them and then decide to completely murder out your ride and go all in painting your fork tubes and who knows what else.......congratulations you've completed the Goon apprenticeship program and have all the benefits and prestige that being a journeyman Goon come along with.

Those bikes look like they were shot at and hit, then shit at and hit again.
11/22/2019 8:32am
To me goon has always meant riding style / technique (or lack there of) more than anything else. Even a dude that halls ass with awesome technique that wears all of the above stuff...jersey not tucked, low visor (look at JMB in 1990) clashing gear...or even a crappy looking bike...still doesnt look goony to me.

Take a dude with the best gear and bike who...sits down the whole way round the track, knee out, elbows down, dragging legs out if corners, rubber knecking, looking down or crouching when in the air, looking at the front wheel, sticking legs waaaay out to the side in corners, tilting head to the side in corners when the bike is still vertical...that’s goony to me. Watch Brian Swink in the motoxxx video...on cassette video 😉

Having said all that...there are some pros that do have a certain goonyness to their style...but i won’t go there.
mwssquad827
11/22/2019 9:18am Edited Date/Time 11/22/2019 9:31am
Rupert X wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/11/18/385671/s1200_D5C56087_3CB4_4300_98F0_73D264C24326.jpg[/img]

Markee wrote:
Well this dude rules. So much going on here!
Different color forks and all purple Front wheel.. custom zebra pipe.. no visor and no riding gear..I also feel like he parked those dudes that are in a pile behind him!!😂😂😂

Ps I feel like he is putting on this goon-ness.. has SG boots
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
11/22/2019 10:42am Edited Date/Time 11/22/2019 10:43am
Rupert X wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/11/18/385671/s1200_D5C56087_3CB4_4300_98F0_73D264C24326.jpg[/img]

Markee wrote:
Well this dude rules. So much going on here!
Different color forks and all purple Front wheel.. custom zebra pipe.. no visor and no riding gear..I also feel like he parked those dudes that are...
Different color forks and all purple Front wheel.. custom zebra pipe.. no visor and no riding gear..I also feel like he parked those dudes that are in a pile behind him!!😂😂😂

Ps I feel like he is putting on this goon-ness.. has SG boots
Looks can be deceiving, this guy just owned everyone behind him and is hauling ass! Great pic.

You are right about the Gaerne boots, he's a legit rider.
RCF
11/23/2019 3:01pm
Frodad78 wrote:
Cross Jumping
Trying to win practice
Being a dick to younger (slower) riders
Not holding a line
Running red plates lol
You do realize red plates are used in off road. maybe that guy you see at the track with red plates is just an off-road Rider.
Titan1
11/24/2019 9:47pm
Frodad78 wrote:
Cross Jumping
Trying to win practice
Being a dick to younger (slower) riders
Not holding a line
Running red plates lol
RCF wrote:
You do realize red plates are used in off road. maybe that guy you see at the track with red plates is just an off-road Rider...
You do realize red plates are used in off road. maybe that guy you see at the track with red plates is just an off-road Rider.
And the red plates usually designate a pro rider at that.

Post a reply to: What makes a rider a goon?

The Latest