What knee brace is this???????

Edited Date/Time 6/18/2020 9:59am
I was looking for knee braces, when I came around this one. And I cant find it on the internet. I know the are from podmx but i cant find out which model it is.
|
Motofinne
2/12/2019 10:07am
It's the old POD model

The new model is names POD K8 and K4. They are the same brace but the K8 is made out of carbon fiber and K4 is made out of composite.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/12/2019 10:08am
Website shows the following, so guessing it's a new model.

2/12/2019 10:11am
I looked on there website and couldn't find it either. the one i would like to buy are carbon fibre.

The Shop

mxbrian15
2/12/2019 1:05pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Website shows the following, so guessing it's a new model. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/12/324953/s1200_Screenshot_20190212_130633_Chrome.jpg[/img]
Website shows the following, so guessing it's a new model.

Definitely not the new model. That is the OG pod knee brace.
2/12/2019 2:57pm
That is the original, 1st version of the POD Active brace. It launched in 2007 and was distributed by Fox Racing globally. In 2010 the K700 Carbon brace was launched, replacing the original brace. This was followed by the K8 Carbon brace in 2014 and then POD launched the new Unbreakable K8 2.0 in October/November last year (2018). So they've effectively had 4 iterations of carbon braces. Each new brace is stronger, lighter and more comfortable. They moved away from a fully rigid frame with the K8 and K8 2.0, adding adaptive cuffs. The cuffs conformed to the leg better, plus provided a softer interface in the event of a crash, lessening the chance of skeletal fractures. You wont find any spare parts online for the original brace and the spare parts for the K700 and K300 (Fibreglass/Nylon brace) will be drying up too, as these became discontinued 4-5 years ago now. Based on POD's current social media and website teasers, their new K4 brace will launch toward the end of February. This brace will offer two Youth sizes too. Both K8 and K4's are identical aside from the Frame material, plus they offer different sizes and frame warranties. Think of it like Moto helmets. You can buy a premium Carbon helmet or a Fibreglass Helmet. Same with POD's braces - K8 = Carbon (Strongest and Lightest) and K4 = Fibreglass/Impact Modified Nylon.
Moto728
Fantasy
3575th
6/17/2020 8:02pm
These old school POD CFRP Braces are still the best after all these years. I’ve tried several new versions and give them all away and grab my OGs back off the shelf and soak them clean again every season. If any one has an old set of the OG PODs they never used or dont use any more I’ll gladly buy them off you. Hit me up... I have no ACL in my right knee and still ride with these old versions. New ones don’t seem to do what I need. Also, if you dont have an ACL, the Troy Lee pants with these braces will cause traction that doesn’t feel too good. Thor, Fly and Fox pants work ok with these braces so far every year. Too bad cuz I really loved Troy Lee style before the ACL was gone... Braaap!
StellARrr
6/18/2020 5:48am
I know Pod no longer makes this model...but if you really like the design or whatever the EVS web pro knee braces look verrrrry similar.

jbonemalone
6/18/2020 7:00am
I wear my pod k8 most days while I’m at work.
At least on my right leg.
They are probably the most comfortable “for me” brace that I’ve ever used.
And it gives me much more confidence climbing ladders and stairs than I had previously.
I tore my cal and Lcl when I was 15 and was told it was just sprained. Fast forward ten years later and I needed surgery but no dr would touch it after that timeframe.
So now at 38 yrs old I wear my k8 and ride most weekends. Race at an intermediate level and pull off the occasional cross country win too.
Wouldn’t be possible without good braces.
ob
6/18/2020 8:47am
I had custom CTIs but my original off the shelf PODs are the best.
6/18/2020 9:59am
This is funny, I was just telling my wife that I had bought some POD K300 and never wore them one time and was thinking about selling them. Do any of you guys know what would be a decent price for them? I lerk on here alot and see some peoples post with what they think there stuff is worth and laugh, so dont want to be that guy. Just looking for some honest opinions as I have no clue what they would be worth. I think I paid $499 for them new. Any help would be appreciated guys!
Wjrountree
Fantasy
3493rd
2/17/2024 7:19am
Moto728 wrote:
These old school POD CFRP Braces are still the best after all these years. I’ve tried several new versions and give them all away and grab...
These old school POD CFRP Braces are still the best after all these years. I’ve tried several new versions and give them all away and grab my OGs back off the shelf and soak them clean again every season. If any one has an old set of the OG PODs they never used or dont use any more I’ll gladly buy them off you. Hit me up... I have no ACL in my right knee and still ride with these old versions. New ones don’t seem to do what I need. Also, if you dont have an ACL, the Troy Lee pants with these braces will cause traction that doesn’t feel too good. Thor, Fly and Fox pants work ok with these braces so far every year. Too bad cuz I really loved Troy Lee style before the ACL was gone... Braaap!

I know this is an old thread,  but I was trying to identify a pair of braces I've had for years and stumbled across it. 

I've got a pair of Carbon OG POD braces that I'm probably not going to be using.  If anyone is interested in them,  please let me know.   Overall they're in good shape.  Could use a good cleaning and probably put some new adhesive backed velcro on them to be 100%.

Post a reply to: What knee brace is this???????

The Latest