What kind of breathe right type device is this?

moto0852
3/3/2015 5:32pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2015 9:23am
I've seen a couple riders using these now. What exactly is it and what does it do?

|
slipdog
3/3/2015 5:51pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2015 8:26pm
slipdog wrote:
moto0852 wrote:
No my man. That's a link to the strips. This is not a strip. It looks like it's two separate patches with metal inside them.
Roger that, it looked like one piece at first. Maybe they are magnets, though I have no idea what that could possibly do.

The Shop

disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
3/3/2015 6:38pm
Blake should be along any minute now to explain this...
3/3/2015 7:40pm
I saw AE722 with one too and was wondering as well.
Does anyone still run Breathe Right strips? I personally use them.. the menthol ones. I feel like they help a bit.
Who knows though. You know how we moto folks are all mental cases.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
3/3/2015 8:31pm
I don't know the official name of them, but I've heard them called nasal stickers. Theyre sorta like butterfly band aids, the pull the nostril and sinus open
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
3/3/2015 9:18pm Edited Date/Time 3/3/2015 9:19pm
Well, I hope I'm not saying too much, but I know what they are.

They are testing them with several riders and I think it's going to be BIG. First... They ARE magnets. A VERY well known name in the industry has been putting this together for awhile now. I witnessed it for myself and it's pretty amazing. Kind of like the breath right strips ON STEROIDS !! Lol. If goggles have caused your nose to be pinched or altered your breathing, this is going to change your riding experience, FOR SURE !! If you've never had issues, consider yourself lucky, but they WILL still help you breathe better too !!

Hate to leave you all hanging, but I'm not sure I should say too much about them, without knowing if it's OK.

Transworld will be doing a write up on them very soon, stay tuned .
jeffro503
3/3/2015 10:59pm
langhammx wrote:
Well, I hope I'm not saying too much, but I know what they are. They are testing them with several riders and I think it's going...

They are testing them with several riders and I think it's going to be BIG. First... They ARE magnets. A VERY well known name in the industry has been putting this together for awhile now. I witnessed it for myself and it's pretty amazing. Kind of like the breath right strips ON STEROIDS !! Lol. If goggles have caused your nose to be pinched or altered your breathing, this is going to change your riding experience, FOR SURE !! If you've never had issues, consider yourself lucky, but they WILL still help you breathe better too !!

Hate to leave you all hanging, but I'm not sure I should say too much about them, without knowing if it's OK.

That's awesome man! I'm always looking for something to improve my ride! I used ( still do when I remember ) the strips and they do help keep my nose open from what the goggles do. Hopefully we all get to find out soon what this is all about. Consider me interested.
KMC440
3/4/2015 12:08am
Blake is a cyborg. .. if he blows his nose the metal is a dead giveaway. .. he runs these to catch the metal bits.
I thought everyone knew.
Olson
3/4/2015 1:25am
If they wanted to start selling sand in Sahara. Motocross riders would be the first ones to contact.
plowboy
3/4/2015 1:53am
So the magnets are in the adhesive strips and the goggles have metal or opposite magnet to help hold the nostrils open. Sounds good.
TerryB
3/4/2015 7:31am
Hut
3/4/2015 8:06am
TerryB wrote:
[img]http://www.bukkake.ca/japanese/bukkake-1.jpg[/img]
Brought to you by the makers of opti-grab?
markit
3/4/2015 8:13am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2015 8:14am
langhammx wrote:
Well, I hope I'm not saying too much, but I know what they are. They are testing them with several riders and I think it's going...

Yea testing was done at Area 51.
TerryB
3/4/2015 8:51am
TerryB wrote:
[img]http://www.bukkake.ca/japanese/bukkake-1.jpg[/img]
Hut wrote:
Brought to you by the makers of opti-grab?
Or the makers of Japanese nostril torture Bukkake. Not sure which...
austin888_99
3/4/2015 9:05am
langhammx wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
That's awesome man! I'm always looking for something to improve my ride! I used ( still do when I remember ) the strips and they do...
That's awesome man! I'm always looking for something to improve my ride! I used ( still do when I remember ) the strips and they do help keep my nose open from what the goggles do. Hopefully we all get to find out soon what this is all about. Consider me interested.
Well that's what losing 20lbs and getting 10 yrs younger is for. lol just messin with you man. Im bored as shit now. Last night I fell in the ice and caught myself w my arm that had gone out. In turn that popped my neck and luckily after ct scan nothing out just really irritated. Back on topic I always thought it would be awesome if there was a way to sense if you stopped breathing properly (aka holding your breath) and it realeyed a beep or something similar into an earphone as a reminder not to hold your breath for high pressure situations when your body makes you tense up and stop breathing right.
austin888_99
3/4/2015 9:09am
langhammx wrote:

markit wrote:
Yea testing was done at Area 51.
Probably derived from the same alien tech as fiber optics and Kevlar.lol On a serious note though I do understand. If hes been lucky enough to see or use the product before a patent or official release he might piss a person or two off by saying too much.
ADynes
3/4/2015 10:12am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2015 10:13am
Snake oil I'm sure...
motokawi818
3/4/2015 10:25am
Magnets with the sides of the same charge facing each other so that they're constantly repelling?
moto0852
3/4/2015 11:08am
Alright now I'm really wanting to know!!! The 7 deuce deuce was one of the riders using them as well so I tweeted him (well see if he responds)
Brent
3/4/2015 1:23pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2015 1:24pm
Olson wrote:
If they wanted to start selling sand in Sahara. Motocross riders would be the first ones to contact.
I don't know what Bagget is using, For people with nasal passage issues, Breathe Right strips do work, Ive had my nose broken in MX twice, and when I use those strips they help me breathe a lot better when Im racing.
jeffro503
3/4/2015 1:32pm
Olson wrote:
WTF was the purpose of that comment? I have used the strips on and off for probably 20yrs....and yeah they work. A small $6.00 investment to help a guy breathe better.....and you want to talk shit about it....like were all stupid and don't know wtf were doing?

Look....I struggle enough to get oxygen into my system during rides. Born with Asthma but also from built up scar tissue in my lungs from having both lungs punctured. If I can some how find something that will help me deal with those issues.....why would I , or someone like me try it?

God damn.....it's the same thing in every thread. You always gotta have that " One guy " that has to throw in a jab....just because. Without even thinking why someone may find this interesting.
austin888_99
3/4/2015 2:35pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2015 2:36pm
Olson wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
WTF was the purpose of that comment? I have used the strips on and off for probably 20yrs....and yeah they work. A small $6.00 investment to...
WTF was the purpose of that comment? I have used the strips on and off for probably 20yrs....and yeah they work. A small $6.00 investment to help a guy breathe better.....and you want to talk shit about it....like were all stupid and don't know wtf were doing?

Look....I struggle enough to get oxygen into my system during rides. Born with Asthma but also from built up scar tissue in my lungs from having both lungs punctured. If I can some how find something that will help me deal with those issues.....why would I , or someone like me try it?

God damn.....it's the same thing in every thread. You always gotta have that " One guy " that has to throw in a jab....just because. Without even thinking why someone may find this interesting.
I hope u aren't talking about me. If you are I am very sorry. I was just joking around and didnt mean anything by it. From my time lurking on here then posting about my neck you always seemed like a good dude and I was just jokin with you. Hope there aren't any hard feelings

Sry I just noticed you quoted someone. Sad to say after my fall last night I had to take a pain pill this morning and this afternoon so my head isn't the clearest
Tim507
3/4/2015 2:46pm
Interesting concept - everytime I put my nose someplace he does not normally belong I experience some difficulty in breathing .....now how do I get opposing magnets there!!! Hmmmmmm.
Regis
Fantasy
359th
3/4/2015 2:57pm
langhammx wrote:

^ This.

You nailed it, and YES, it is amazing the difference you feel.
jeffro503
3/4/2015 3:12pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2015 3:13pm
Olson wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
WTF was the purpose of that comment? I have used the strips on and off for probably 20yrs....and yeah they work. A small $6.00 investment to...

I hope u aren't talking about me. If you are I am very sorry. I was just joking around and didnt mean anything by it. From...
I hope u aren't talking about me. If you are I am very sorry. I was just joking around and didnt mean anything by it. From my time lurking on here then posting about my neck you always seemed like a good dude and I was just jokin with you. Hope there aren't any hard feelings

Sry I just noticed you quoted someone. Sad to say after my fall last night I had to take a pain pill this morning and this afternoon so my head isn't the clearest
No Austin.....I was talking to Olson. I even quoted his comment. But it seems you got it. Those pain pills can make ya loopy man hehe.

Post a reply to: What kind of breathe right type device is this?

The Latest