What is wrong with Straight Rhythm?

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/25/2018 9:42am
Pro sx isnt improving Pro mx is declining Im positive moto is declining in tx (offroad maybe picking up) As Ive said before - I dont...
Pro sx isnt improving

Pro mx is declining

Im positive moto is declining in tx (offroad maybe picking up)

As Ive said before - I dont even know how we call moto a pro sport when people pay an entry fee! Just my opinion

"As Ive said before - I dont even know how we call moto a pro sport when people pay an entry fee! Just my opinion."

NASCAR has to pay a $3630 inspection fee in order to race and if they submit it after the deadline it's another $1375.

Indy car entry fee is $12,000 per car per race and the Indy 500 entry fee is $21,000.

F1 entry fee is 500k for every team and on top of that the team that won the constructors championship needs to pay $6000 for every point they scored in the previous year and all the other teams pay $5000 for every point they scored in the previous year.

Canadian Superbike Championship: If it's a one round weekend the entry fee $240 and if it's a two round weekend the entry fee is $370.

I read that Pro Bowling/PBA have an entry fee of $500 per tournament.

Although not much, PGA players must pay a mandatory $50 dollar locker fee in order to play in a tournament.

There's more sports out there that have to pay an entry fee. Are everyone of those not considered pro sports because they pay entry fees in order to participate?
10/25/2018 10:30am
Pro sx isnt improving Pro mx is declining Im positive moto is declining in tx (offroad maybe picking up) As Ive said before - I dont...
Pro sx isnt improving

Pro mx is declining

As Ive said before - I dont even know how we call moto a pro sport when people pay an entry fee! Just my opinion

-MAVERICK- wrote:
[i]"As Ive said before - I dont even know how we call moto a pro sport when people pay an entry fee! Just my opinion."[/i] NASCAR...
"As Ive said before - I dont even know how we call moto a pro sport when people pay an entry fee! Just my opinion."

NASCAR has to pay a $3630 inspection fee in order to race and if they submit it after the deadline it's another $1375.

Indy car entry fee is $12,000 per car per race and the Indy 500 entry fee is $21,000.

F1 entry fee is 500k for every team and on top of that the team that won the constructors championship needs to pay $6000 for every point they scored in the previous year and all the other teams pay $5000 for every point they scored in the previous year.

Canadian Superbike Championship: If it's a one round weekend the entry fee $240 and if it's a two round weekend the entry fee is $370.

Although not much, PGA players must pay a mandatory $50 dollar locker fee in order to play in a tournament.

There's more sports out there that have to pay an entry fee. Are everyone of those not considered pro sports because they pay entry fees in order to participate?
Good points.
Racing is a bad example across any board

Whats payout in golf vs moto for 40th place avg player on the tour per year. I'd bet the 40th place golfer over 10 years makes FAR more than a 10th place 450 guy - probably far more than a 5th place 450 guy

Nascar is like moto - except with far bigger dollars. To get there - most people spend huge sums of money in dirt racing...with few payoffs. But then again - most drivers 1-20th earn a solid income too.
Hell a tire changer in cup racing makes more than most mxer's if cost averaged over 10 years.

F1 is an interesting topic - it's just ultra wealthy dabbling in that.

But if feld can afford a huge purse at monster cup (even if no one wins the 1mil) why cant the purse be brought to that level for every round?

Our outside sponsors (wps/fly for next 10 years) pay feld HUGE money for that. Why isn't it put into the purse kitty?

I don't see our sport as a "sport" vs any stick and ball entity - and anyone who has chased this sport knows - even IF you became a lights champion - but never 450 champ, if you weighed cost in vs cost out vs making 100k a year for 20 years - the "sport" of moto doesn't look too good.

I mean shit - if your a top lites guy, what's it cost to have a facility per year, a "trainer", and all that headache?
I think people can buy onto the top elite's tracks - for maybe 50k a year or so. What' a trainer cost?
Flights and hotels and travel costs I believe on on the rider
Practice mechanic on the rider
Im told race fuel is on the rider for practice

So - 1 million gross a year half gone in taxes, then your expenditures - doesn't look too hot
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/25/2018 12:13pm
Pro sx isnt improving

Pro mx is declining

-MAVERICK- wrote:
[i]"As Ive said before - I dont even know how we call moto a pro sport when people pay an entry fee! Just my opinion."[/i] NASCAR...

Good points. Racing is a bad example across any board Whats payout in golf vs moto for 40th place avg player on the tour per year...
Good points.
Racing is a bad example across any board

Whats payout in golf vs moto for 40th place avg player on the tour per year. I'd bet the 40th place golfer over 10 years makes FAR more than a 10th place 450 guy - probably far more than a 5th place 450 guy

Nascar is like moto - except with far bigger dollars. To get there - most people spend huge sums of money in dirt racing...with few payoffs. But then again - most drivers 1-20th earn a solid income too.
Hell a tire changer in cup racing makes more than most mxer's if cost averaged over 10 years.

F1 is an interesting topic - it's just ultra wealthy dabbling in that.

But if feld can afford a huge purse at monster cup (even if no one wins the 1mil) why cant the purse be brought to that level for every round?

Our outside sponsors (wps/fly for next 10 years) pay feld HUGE money for that. Why isn't it put into the purse kitty?

I don't see our sport as a "sport" vs any stick and ball entity - and anyone who has chased this sport knows - even IF you became a lights champion - but never 450 champ, if you weighed cost in vs cost out vs making 100k a year for 20 years - the "sport" of moto doesn't look too good.

I mean shit - if your a top lites guy, what's it cost to have a facility per year, a "trainer", and all that headache?
I think people can buy onto the top elite's tracks - for maybe 50k a year or so. What' a trainer cost?
Flights and hotels and travel costs I believe on on the rider
Practice mechanic on the rider
Im told race fuel is on the rider for practice

So - 1 million gross a year half gone in taxes, then your expenditures - doesn't look too hot
Purse alone is whole different game. I was just stating that moto isn't the only sport where there's fees to pay before you can participate.

As for why Feld isn't putting a bigger purse for the SX rounds, I don't know. The Monster Energy Cup has a purse of 250k and a bonus of $1 million for someone if they win all 3 main events.

Can they afford to pay out an extra $4.25 million dollars in purse across 17 rounds? My guess, more than likely. Even if they paid half of that amount it would be a great improvement.

The Shop

Post a reply to: What is wrong with Straight Rhythm?

The Latest