What is wrong with Osborne?

Edited Date/Time 1/14/2020 10:16am
Before the season started, Osborne is a guy I expected to contend for the title. At Anaheim, he started outside the top ten and stayed there. This weekend, he holeshot the race and road blocked his way backward through the pack. Did he suffer a preseason injury that I didn’t hear about? Is he dealing with illness like some of the other guys?
|
davis224
Fantasy
165th
1/13/2020 5:07am
He's sick, it was talked about during the broadcast a lot.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3717th
1/13/2020 5:09am
He’s definitely sick most recently, but I’m not sure he’d be the same pace as KR, ET, CW etc with health on his side
SEE ARE125
1/13/2020 5:24am Edited Date/Time 1/13/2020 5:27am
He’s sick. Last week was bad, and this week Will asked him how good he felt on a scale of 1-10 and he said 7.5. So taking that and some basic math, he was riding at 75% in St. Louis. He’ll get there.

The Shop

tcannon521
Fantasy
1417th
1/13/2020 5:26am Edited Date/Time 1/13/2020 5:27am
If he stays healthy during SX, I expect him to be a podium guy in MX. I don’t think he’s a podium guy in SX with the current field.
1/13/2020 6:04am Edited Date/Time 1/13/2020 7:07am
SICK with the flu. Apparently he almost didn't race A1.
Press516
Fantasy
126th
1/13/2020 6:24am
Yep, sick.. He’ll get some podiums and maybe contend for a win sometime later in the season. I expect him to be closer outdoors.
TeamGreen
1/13/2020 6:28am
Sick and still sore from A1 Whoops-Debacle.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
1/13/2020 6:49am
tcannon521 wrote:
If he stays healthy during SX, I expect him to be a podium guy in MX. I don’t think he’s a podium guy in SX with...
If he stays healthy during SX, I expect him to be a podium guy in MX. I don’t think he’s a podium guy in SX with the current field.
I absolutely think he is a podium guy in SX. 1) He's a great starter and 2) He's super fit 3) He's aggressive and isn't afraid to bang bars with somebody. IMO, he'll be on the podium multiple times in 2020 SX.

Right now, he's just very sick.
jonesaustin
1/13/2020 7:01am Edited Date/Time 1/13/2020 7:02am
It seems like riders have a career peaking moment (not one race but more like over 4-5 races) from which they could continue evolving into dominating, but when injured and that momentum is suddenly halted, they aren’t able to get back on that same train. I believe it’s predominantly a mental hurdle, but it’s interesting. Same rider, same ability, but when their moment comes (like we saw with Osbourne) and they can’t capitalize on it because of being sidelined, they can’t get back to that state of mind.
SEE ARE125
1/13/2020 7:14am
tcannon521 wrote:
If he stays healthy during SX, I expect him to be a podium guy in MX. I don’t think he’s a podium guy in SX with...
TbonesPop wrote:
I absolutely think he is a podium guy in SX. 1) He's a great starter and 2) He's super fit 3) He's aggressive and isn't afraid...
I absolutely think he is a podium guy in SX. 1) He's a great starter and 2) He's super fit 3) He's aggressive and isn't afraid to bang bars with somebody. IMO, he'll be on the podium multiple times in 2020 SX.

Barcia is riding well and once Zach gets up there I think those two may come to blows. I just hope no one gets hurt. Barcia seems to initiate bar banging, where I think Zach(for the most part) is a counter striker. You run it in on him, he’s giving it right back to you.
hillbilly
1/13/2020 7:23am
tcannon521 wrote:
TbonesPop wrote:
I absolutely think he is a podium guy in SX. 1) He's a great starter and 2) He's super fit 3) He's aggressive and isn't afraid...

SEE ARE125 wrote:
Barcia is riding well and once Zach gets up there I think those two may come to blows. I just hope no one gets hurt. Barcia...
Barcia is riding well and once Zach gets up there I think those two may come to blows. I just hope no one gets hurt. Barcia seems to initiate bar banging, where I think Zach(for the most part) is a counter striker. You run it in on him, he’s giving it right back to you.
That riding style of running it in is something all riders that come thru megaseries and muddy creek have.on

Wirehead Jones
Bradshaw
Chester
Brown
Tommy watts
List goes on,

WowWowWubzy
1/13/2020 7:33am
First full season on 450s, ran up front in St. Louis, finished second in New Jersey last year. He's good.
Momus
1/13/2020 8:56am
TbonesPop wrote:

SEE ARE125 wrote:
Barcia is riding well and once Zach gets up there I think those two may come to blows. I just hope no one gets hurt. Barcia...
hillbilly wrote:
That riding style of running it in is something all riders that come thru megaseries and muddy creek have.on Wirehead Jones Bradshaw Chester Brown Tommy watts...
That riding style of running it in is something all riders that come thru megaseries and muddy creek have.on

Wirehead Jones
Bradshaw
Chester
Brown
Tommy watts
List goes on,

Wirehead Jones?
Racer111
1/13/2020 9:05am
Before the season started, Osborne is a guy I expected to contend for the title. At Anaheim, he started outside the top ten and stayed there...
Before the season started, Osborne is a guy I expected to contend for the title. At Anaheim, he started outside the top ten and stayed there. This weekend, he holeshot the race and road blocked his way backward through the pack. Did he suffer a preseason injury that I didn’t hear about? Is he dealing with illness like some of the other guys?
🙄🙄🙄

Uh, he’s not as good as the guys finishing in front of him.
reynardfan1
Fantasy
3669th
1/13/2020 10:24am
Before the season started, Osborne is a guy I expected to contend for the title. At Anaheim, he started outside the top ten and stayed there...
Racer111 wrote:
🙄🙄🙄

Bingo, the only people ahead of him are the ones that live through his overly aggressive ‘cut the corner to pass you back’ technique...he will need a holeshot to win...otherwise he won’t
kiwifan
1/13/2020 10:40am
Gee I cant wait until the whole field is flu free!
reynardfan1
Fantasy
3669th
1/13/2020 10:40am
tcannon521 wrote:
TbonesPop wrote:

SEE ARE125 wrote:
16 gives it back? I think he starts most of it...gets passed on speed and goes all angry elf in the next corner and punts whoever it is...I can’t think of a time it was retaliation...
hamncheeze
1/13/2020 10:43am
I like Zacho and guy is hard worker for sure. He absolutely loves to battle hard. However, sometimes his racing tactics leave a bit to be desired IMO. Both he and AC kind of screwed each other in the main on Saturday, by riding too aggressive. I know they have a history, and I'm sure that plays into it but neither guy gained anything when they banged back and forth. Also Osborne's riding was very sloppy, he was lucky to get that 5th place as he was clipping jumps and missing whoops a few times too many.
swizcore
1/13/2020 11:02am Edited Date/Time 1/13/2020 11:02am
Racer111 wrote:
🙄🙄🙄

Bingo, the only people ahead of him are the ones that live through his overly aggressive ‘cut the corner to pass you back’ technique...he will need...
Bingo, the only people ahead of him are the ones that live through his overly aggressive ‘cut the corner to pass you back’ technique...he will need a holeshot to win...otherwise he won’t
This will be my forum signature after he does...

He was bedridden for 10 days prior to A1.
1/13/2020 11:22am
Osborne just finished 5th with a bad case of the sniffles....just wait until he's 100% and finds his groove. He'll be on the podium and I believe he'll win one this year.
mmcmx
1/13/2020 12:11pm
Osborne title contender? Well, its posible but not probable i'd say.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
1/13/2020 1:23pm
TbonesPop wrote:

SEE ARE125 wrote:
16 gives it back? I think he starts most of it...gets passed on speed and goes all angry elf in the next corner and punts whoever...
16 gives it back? I think he starts most of it...gets passed on speed and goes all angry elf in the next corner and punts whoever it is...I can’t think of a time it was retaliation...
This past race it was retaliation against AC the corner before.
Thelen20
1/13/2020 1:32pm Edited Date/Time 1/13/2020 1:35pm
I like Osborne as much as the next guy but he ran into the back of Kenny and AC when they passed him before the first big double. I was puckered up when Kenny sent the double anyway, I figured he was going to case it. Even Kenny looked back like "wth". AC was smart to check up, but it cost him ultimately.

If Osborne is gonna leave the door that wide open he needs to be ready to check up. He's gonna get someone hurt if he doesn't
philG
1/13/2020 3:11pm
16 gives it back? I think he starts most of it...gets passed on speed and goes all angry elf in the next corner and punts whoever...
Did you even watch the race?
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
1/13/2020 3:23pm
Are you aware that there are 15 more rounds?
Cortami79
1/13/2020 3:31pm
Whats wrong with finishing 5th? He looks great, just a little off the pace of the leaders. But just as 12 other guys, he is in an 1 second range of being the fastest on track.
reynardfan1
Fantasy
3669th
1/13/2020 3:35pm
Racer111 wrote:
🙄🙄🙄

Bingo, the only people ahead of him are the ones that live through his overly aggressive ‘cut the corner to pass you back’ technique...he will need...
swizcore wrote:
This will be my forum signature after he does...

He was bedridden for 10 days prior to A1.
Was he really? I didn’t realize it was that long he was down and out. Yeah I mean he could win but I still think it takes a holeshot or only having to pass 1 or 2 slower guys...just my opinion but if he starts behind 94, 9, 3, and 2...he isn’t winning

That’s just my opinion. Carry on
aeffertz
1/13/2020 3:36pm
I know this might sound crazy but bare with me here... Just because you think something, does not mean it is actually true. I find your thought process a little funny.

Albeit he was dealing with a sickness at the start of the season, I think your expectations for Zacho were pretty optimistic. You gotta walk before you run. Is he a podium contender? Definitely and maybe even a main event winner on the right weekend. But I don’t think many were expecting him to be one of the guys to take the title home this year in SX.

Post a reply to: What is wrong with Osborne?

The Latest