What is the final word on AER spring conversion kits?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/1/2020 8:32 PM

I have researched a bunch of old posts on this topic but since so much time has passed, I would like to get some feedback on where people are at with these conversion kits. I got one quote in Canada for 3500.00 plus tax for a full SSS conversion kit-ouch. I could buy a sweet YZ125 for that much cash! So where are people at, what have you used (ohlins inserts, Factory Connection, MXTech, Dal Saggio, etc), and don't show me the option of the WP cone valve set up because if money wasn't an option then I would already have a set. Besides I would just be all jealous and pissy about you having these forks while I don't...Thanks in advance for your input.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

6/1/2020 9:03 PM

There's a crapload of posts on this over in Tech. Lots of recent feedback on a variety of conversion kits. I know search sucks on this site, so take a look at my profile - I've posted a good bit on it and others have responded. Thumper Talk Suspension section has some good stuff too,

Hammer

|

6/1/2020 10:10 PM

Thanks Hammer will do.

|

6/1/2020 10:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/1/2020 10:16 PM

Building a fork is not that complicated, and if you dont know how to do it, and your riding mx, i highly suggest you spend “some” time to learn.

I understand some people dont have time to do so, but man, its crazy what you can accomplish and the feelings you can achieve by testing several different settings after some many tests you eventually will find what your looking for.

And its amazing!

|

6/1/2020 11:36 PM

Have you checked the KYB conversion for WP AER? I don't know how much it would cost in Canada?

|

6/2/2020 12:14 AM

Just buy a lucky cartartige setup from MXtech

|

6/2/2020 5:36 AM

Enzo of Texas did my AER And they are the the best damn forks I’ve ever had. Why would anyone want a spring?

|

6/2/2020 5:55 AM

Lucky kit from mx tech right now is one of the best fork setups you can buy for any fork not just air. Legit works level cartridges at a attainable price. My lucky forks blew my tuned kyb out of the water.

|

6/2/2020 6:00 AM

I have the RT spring conversion in my 350 and I'm liking it quite a bit

|

6/2/2020 6:10 AM

rob162 wrote:

Lucky kit from mx tech right now is one of the best fork setups you can buy for any fork not just air. Legit works level ...more

Who set them up, MX Tech? Type of riding?

|

6/2/2020 6:17 AM

MBR wrote:

Have you checked the KYB conversion for WP AER? I don't know how much it would cost in Canada?

Yes I did and it was a fortune. For the price quoted I might as well order a set of cone valve forks. As Hammer suggested I went into the tech forum and found a great thread on this topic and MXTech certainly got rave reviews from many people.

|

6/2/2020 7:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/2/2020 7:44 AM

Cory at ProTune did mine - $1300 includes cartridges, springs and seals.
Best way to contact him is text.
Photo

|

6/2/2020 7:45 AM

I’ve done several sets of the Mx tech lucky conversion with everyone except one guy that loved them. And that one guy had Craig at Enzo go through them twice and he’s still not happy 😆

|

6/2/2020 8:15 AM

Lucky Kit.

|

6/2/2020 8:16 AM

They all make your wallet lighter, that is for sure.

|

6/2/2020 9:13 AM

MX-Tech has the new Lucky Gen 2 with true closed cartridge, looks like they are out of stock on most Lucky's right now.

|

6/2/2020 10:04 AM

Öhlins or KYB would work like dream. There is new Showa conversion kit out also but havent seen price tag yet.

|

6/2/2020 10:40 AM

I had Craig Decker at Enzo Texas do the spring conversion on my 2020FC350. That combined with a shock revalve, it is the best suspension I have ever ridden in 30 years of riding.

|

6/2/2020 11:13 AM

Johnny Depp wrote:

MX-Tech has the new Lucky Gen 2 with true closed cartridge, looks like they are out of stock on most Lucky's right now.

Hey JDepp, yes I saw that on the website when I checked, but they do have the carbon systems for 1200.00. They do look trick and by all accounts everyone seems pretty dang happy with these kits.

|

6/2/2020 11:28 AM

I just recently had N2D convert my AER forks to the Carbon Lucky kit. I prefer it more than I did the KYB SSS forks on my Yamaha.

|

6/2/2020 11:42 AM

jpatz319 wrote:

I just recently had N2D convert my AER forks to the Carbon Lucky kit. I prefer it more than I did the KYB SSS forks on my ...more

I'm waiting for mine from them now, can't wait!

|

6/2/2020 11:43 AM

jpatz319 wrote:

I just recently had N2D convert my AER forks to the Carbon Lucky kit. I prefer it more than I did the KYB SSS forks on my ...more

N2D is an awesome suspension company for sure! They did my rear shock with their link on my 19 FC450 Husky and it was just what I was looking for.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

6/2/2020 11:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/3/2020 11:51 PM

Just get the air pressure right and ride! If you want spring forks buy a bike with them. Works connection does a good valve job on the AR 48 forks.

|

6/2/2020 12:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/2/2020 12:12 PM

rob162 wrote:

Lucky kit from mx tech right now is one of the best fork setups you can buy for any fork not just air. Legit works level ...more

UGOTBIT wrote:

MX tech set up and install. They have to versions of the kit gen 1 is geared more towards a more plush feel while riders that like or need a stiffer setup A riders and pros will like the gen 2 kits better. I've rode both kits on ktm as well as having gen 1 on my kx125 and gen 2 on my 18yz250f. Feel very much like cone valve forks or kit kyb forks but much cheaper. Not to mention the huck valve that comes in them. You will never realize how great they are till you over jump something badly without them. Well worth the money and if for some reason you don't like them you can sell them and get most of your money back. They were set up for 195lb mx B rider

|

6/2/2020 7:36 PM

soggy wrote:

Single spring fork kit?

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

6/2/2020 7:52 PM

Check out Coppersmith Racing

|

6/2/2020 7:54 PM

Coppersmith ttx 22 online cartridge

|

6/2/2020 7:59 PM

rob162 wrote:

UGOTBIT wrote:

rob162 wrote:

MX tech set up and install. They have to versions of the kit gen 1 is geared more towards a more plush feel while riders that ...more

Same experience here. Lucky Gen 2 is incredibly good. I don’t ever want to ride without huck valves again!

Makes me wonder how amazing their National shock must be...

|

6/2/2020 9:03 PM

soggy wrote:

captmoto wrote:

Single spring fork kit?

Yes

|

6/3/2020 7:44 PM

jpatz319 wrote:

How much did they charge you?

|