What is the deal with the 800? I am confused

djc
Edited Date/Time 1/31/2016 8:54am
Does anyone know what is really going on with this guy? I am actually a mike fan and I get he is not going to just show up to supercoss and win but the guy has been sucking the last year or two and then shows up tonight so far and looks great. Maybe I am blind but at times I see mike riding at his potential and I feel he can do so much better then what he does at times then it goes away. I just truly don't understand. I remember him winning a heat race against rv. I remember him passing James looking sick a while back then getting a red flag. Then I see him riding like shit. Also we all know what he does outdoors.

I gues what I am trying to say is I still see greatness and potential in the guy and for some reason I just want to shake him and say snap out of it man, you can do this shit. Ik just se a guy that belongs towards the front and I do not understand why he has the poor finishes he has had lately
|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
1/30/2016 9:28pm
Total head case. He also needs to learn how to set up a bike. Been told by his ex mechanic that the guy is ass backwards when it comes to setup
kburgie
1/30/2016 9:36pm Edited Date/Time 1/30/2016 9:40pm
He doesn't think he belongs up front, or doesn't think he can hang if he gets there. When you believe something like that, it becomes the truth. In that heat race he was faster than James and could have stuffed him in a couple corners before he briefly took the lead. He didn't think he had the right to do that, or he didn't want the position.
luv2ridemx
1/30/2016 10:12pm
He rides like he's a lapper always looking back as to not get in the way. Instead of mixing it up, keeping his head forward and competing. He has the talent just not the confidence.
djc
1/30/2016 10:18pm
Eh if he is a head case I get it . Also I feel he has big respect for James maybe. But if he is feeling on tonight or good he needs to put that shit behind him and go for it. Either way. Easier said then done obviously. Just put that shit in the top ten mike.

The Shop

dirtnapper
1/30/2016 11:13pm
luv2ridemx wrote:
He rides like he's a lapper always looking back as to not get in the way. Instead of mixing it up, keeping his head forward and...
He rides like he's a lapper always looking back as to not get in the way. Instead of mixing it up, keeping his head forward and competing. He has the talent just not the confidence.
This guys avatar is the best thing about this thread.........
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
1/30/2016 11:29pm Edited Date/Time 1/30/2016 11:30pm
yeah it a head case thing. for some riders they get it in their heads they cant do something. Much like K.windham vs RC. RC knew how to work Kdub and he would just roll over. Need proof? KW's best years were any year RC wasnt there. 99 outdoors, 04 supercross 08 supercross were all titles KW narrowly lost.

MA800 has it in his head he cant do well in SX, plus i dont think he is someone who has had a lot of guidance from someone other than his dad. not that what his dad taught was wrong but i feel it was limiting as the focus was always on getting holeshots and sprinting, but he never developed riding from behind or riding sx.

Mikes focus has mostly been outdoors
1/30/2016 11:43pm
yeah it a head case thing. for some riders they get it in their heads they cant do something. Much like K.windham vs RC. RC knew...
yeah it a head case thing. for some riders they get it in their heads they cant do something. Much like K.windham vs RC. RC knew how to work Kdub and he would just roll over. Need proof? KW's best years were any year RC wasnt there. 99 outdoors, 04 supercross 08 supercross were all titles KW narrowly lost.

MA800 has it in his head he cant do well in SX, plus i dont think he is someone who has had a lot of guidance from someone other than his dad. not that what his dad taught was wrong but i feel it was limiting as the focus was always on getting holeshots and sprinting, but he never developed riding from behind or riding sx.

Amateur outdoors?
Crush
1/30/2016 11:45pm
Did you see those massive whoops out there?!

There's your answer.
Reggsie
1/31/2016 2:02am
Mike is always looking back, he's paranoid about the people behind him. Something you notice if a lot of footage with Mike is that when he's in a close battle he keeps looking back to see where the other rider is. He did in the lites class and he still does it now.
Roscoe33
1/31/2016 5:20am
The fear of failure is much harder to fix than a broken bone.
BobPA
1/31/2016 5:45am
yeah it a head case thing. for some riders they get it in their heads they cant do something. Much like K.windham vs RC. RC knew...

Everyone had their best years when RC was not there...
1/31/2016 5:56am

BobPA wrote:
Everyone had their best years when RC was not there...
hahahahaha
Tumblin
1/31/2016 7:43am
Who here would charge any SX track at our full potential if you weren't beaming with confidence?
1/31/2016 7:47am Edited Date/Time 1/31/2016 7:48am
If he could dump his program and get an aldon type trainer. He would be no joke. He has talent , speed, and starts.

Post a reply to: What is the deal with the 800? I am confused

The Latest