What is the deal with no info on Ponca?

crusher773
Edited Date/Time 6/6/2015 9:17pm
So I have to say I was happy when RPM took over Ponca over the NMA. I have been down there a couple of times for their events and it has been smooth running. This year though it seems like a cluster. I have been trying for a several weeks now to get some info on Ponca to try and make plans on whether we want to race it. I emailed first and waited a week, no answer. Then I called and waited a week, no answer. Then I sent another email and got half my question answered and was told the info would be up on the site next week, that was this week that has past. I mean come on the event is like 5 weeks away. Don't they realize that people need more info to ask off for work and stuff. Everything up there is still for the 2014 event. Come on RPM get it together a little on this deal at least NMA had everything up and posted way ahead of time so plans could be made.
|
RandyS
6/5/2015 5:34pm
crusher773 wrote:
So I have to say I was happy when RPM took over Ponca over the NMA. I have been down there a couple of times for...
So I have to say I was happy when RPM took over Ponca over the NMA. I have been down there a couple of times for their events and it has been smooth running. This year though it seems like a cluster. I have been trying for a several weeks now to get some info on Ponca to try and make plans on whether we want to race it. I emailed first and waited a week, no answer. Then I called and waited a week, no answer. Then I sent another email and got half my question answered and was told the info would be up on the site next week, that was this week that has past. I mean come on the event is like 5 weeks away. Don't they realize that people need more info to ask off for work and stuff. Everything up there is still for the 2014 event. Come on RPM get it together a little on this deal at least NMA had everything up and posted way ahead of time so plans could be made.
I just read through your post and found the answer.
500guy
6/5/2015 5:37pm
Sounds like you need to find something else to do.

Sure as hell don't Pre-pay

The Shop

moscrop940
6/5/2015 7:21pm
It really is a shame what it has come to.

Many of my favorite memories come from that place. Camping in line for 3 days, going to the janky water park, going to lake caw, racing in 100 degree weather with 45% humidity....it was all part of it.

Hopefully it can come back for when my kids get older
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
6/5/2015 9:15pm
TommyLee93 wrote:
Ponca has been dead for many years.
Only thing worse is the NMA race in Norman
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
6/6/2015 8:34am
moscrop940 wrote:
It really is a shame what it has come to. Many of my favorite memories come from that place. Camping in line for 3 days, going...
It really is a shame what it has come to.

Many of my favorite memories come from that place. Camping in line for 3 days, going to the janky water park, going to lake caw, racing in 100 degree weather with 45% humidity....it was all part of it.

Hopefully it can come back for when my kids get older
My sentiments exactly. I have such fond memories of being there during those days and even wth my son just 5-6 years ago It wasn't but a couple of years ago that Ponca still drew a big group of racers from all over. Now, NMA is on is way to folding and they are still hanging on to the Norman race. It isn't the same anymore. Really hate to see what has happend to Ponca, I mean it was sort of like a rite of passage for am MX.
crusher773
6/6/2015 9:47am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2015 9:49am
I am really after class info mainly. Wanting to find out what 50 classes and what Vet classes are running. I just think it is crazy that they don't have all the info out on this. They are treating it more like just a local race than the big race it used to be and that they want it to be.
Racerx930
6/6/2015 10:00am
Personally I feel like RPM does an excellent job once they get to the track. Every thing leading up to it, not so much. I think last year was around 400 entries, was a neat race but felt like it drug on and on for not that many entries. I think the schedule change for this year will be a good one.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
6/6/2015 11:58am
Whatever good or bad things you can say about the NMA, it is a fact that they always had a packed house at Ponca. Their last year in 2011 had a little over 2200 entries. Hate to see Ponca dwindle down to this, spending every summer of my childhood racing there, I hate to see it on its last leg like this. The NMA will never be the same no matter where they go, too far gone.
RPM Sports
6/6/2015 3:14pm
I wanted to reach out to all of you that need information on Ponca. As most of you know, we just changed the dates to better suit families that cannot take an entire week off work for an event. With this being done, we had to get all of the times and schedule together and that has been done. I will start a new topic and post the entire schedule and class list, or you can find that at www.rpmsportsonline.com next week. If you go to our website, there is a way to contact us via email. Crusher773, I think you and I have communicated with each other. I believe you sent me an email and it went to my spam folder and I never saw it, but I am pretty sure you and I communicated with each other. If we did not then it was someone else, so please re-send me an email at Jamie@rpmsportsonline.com and I will be happy to help you out.

Let me assure you all that RPM Sports is very happy to have Ponca and we are making strides to re-build the event, as we have enjoyed it for many years when our son was younger. We love the city of Ponca and we love working with the Ambucs, a great group of men and women making a difference in many children and adults lives, most who are not as fortunate as we are. We are glad to be a part of the entire experience and that includes delivering an awesome event for each of you. This year and as last year, it is a round of our Motocross League of America, which spans the country delivering regional level events to riders and their families, with awesome venues and live streaming of the events. Please visit our MLA website at www.motocrossleagueofamerica.com for the schedule of events. Being a part of this series, which is owned and operated by RPM Sports in NO way diminishes the integrity of the event.

We are proud to say we have full factory support and are happy to have Fly Racing and Kawasaki as our title sponsors this year. As I stated in an effort to help out riders and their families we have shortened the program and you will see other changes that will be positive and we hope that you make Ponca a part of your racing program this summer. As always, I do not monitor the sites that often, so if you need something or would like to discuss anything, please feel free to contact me at Jamie@rpmsortsonline.com and I will be happy to get back with you. We are heading to Ponca for the Oklahoma State Championship Series race June 27-28, 2015 and this will be the last time to ride the track until the nationals. Again, thank you all for your support and we look forward to seeing you in July for the 2015 Ponca City Amateur Championship, presented by Fly Racing and Kawasaki.
Jammer1
6/6/2015 9:16pm
Between RPM starting a national during the spring and screwing up the Texas swing spring nationals,. History was always Lake Whitney and then Oak Hill. Then it went to Freestone. Oak Hill used to be absolutely fantastic. It is a great track and the absolute best track for viewing. Then the track in Norman, OK opened to complete against Ponca and now both are a complete joke.

There used to be 6 nationals where you could see the best against the best, Whitney, Oak Hill, Vegas, Ponca, Loretta Lynns and Mini O's at Gatorback.

Now it is only Loretta Lynns and Mini O's at Gatorback. Freestone was decent this last year, but Oak Hill should host this event and keep tradition going. Ponca should move to the old World Mini date or Freestone at this date.

Post a reply to: What is the deal with no info on Ponca?

The Latest