What is the best quiet small engine generator?

kage173
5/16/2023 12:37pm

Been running the Predator 3500 for a year. It handled the Texas summer running all day. Only issue I've had was the push button start gave out after the second time I used it. But the pull start is what I'm used to anyway. It's been been easy other than that.

5/16/2023 8:24pm
Does anyone know where to affordably get non ethanol fuel? You used to be able to purchase super/ high octane fuel that didn’t have ethanol. I...

Does anyone know where to affordably get non ethanol fuel?

You used to be able to purchase super/ high octane fuel that didn’t have ethanol. I think those days are gone. 

Today I’m mixing carb cleaner into each tank of gas I run. Motors start right up in the spring but it isn’t the preferred method. 

cwel11 wrote:

https://www.pure-gas.org/

click your state and find a town close. They’re pretty good at updating it. 

Pure gas is my go to. 2 stations within 50 miles have 91 octane for about $1 more than ethanol gas. Not bad considering small engine...

Pure gas is my go to. 2 stations within 50 miles have 91 octane for about $1 more than ethanol gas. Not bad considering small engine use doesn’t burn much. 

if you’re in the country you can set up a de-ethanol kit pretty easily. Ethanol bonds with water quite readily. Mix ethanolized gas with an appropriate amount of water, agitate, let sit for at least a day and the water/ethanol will separate from the gasoline and settle to the bottom. Decant off the gasoline and add xylene, benzene, or toluene to get the octane back up if you need. 

I’ve never heard of this, may give it a shot. 

what do you do with the left over ethanol?

5/16/2023 8:26pm

Where do you get non ethanol fuel from?

Does anyone know where to affordably get non ethanol fuel? You used to be able to purchase super/ high octane fuel that didn’t have ethanol. I...

Does anyone know where to affordably get non ethanol fuel?

You used to be able to purchase super/ high octane fuel that didn’t have ethanol. I think those days are gone. 

Today I’m mixing carb cleaner into each tank of gas I run. Motors start right up in the spring but it isn’t the preferred method. 

cwel11 wrote:

https://www.pure-gas.org/

click your state and find a town close. They’re pretty good at updating it. 

Thanks. 

The Shop

ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
5/17/2023 1:31pm
blu113 wrote:
Honda 3000 is the most quite generator/invertor out there if you have the money if not Champions are good. If you are running a A/C on...
Honda 3000 is the most quite generator/invertor out there if you have the money if not Champions are good. If you are running a A/C on your trailer you will need 3000 watts minimum. I use 2 Yamaha 2000 and im pretty happy, but I think the Hondas are probably better

You can run the Yamahas in series right?

5/17/2023 2:16pm

There is a dude on youtube, that tests all kinds of tools and what not, he just did a great generator test of the Honda and some of the other cheap ones (with inverters)....nevermind, found it

Post a reply to: What is the best quiet small engine generator?

The Latest