What is stankdog up to this summer?

tasco
Does anyone know if he will be racing the outdoors this year?
|
paddyB745
5/7/2017 7:51pm
Most likely he'll be in Canada, if his deal up there falls through he'll be doing select outdoor nationals on the husky 125. Which would consist of Hangtown, Glen Helen, Colorado, Red Bud, and one more I think. He talked about it on the Main Event Moto podcast last week.
Jrewing
5/7/2017 8:43pm
paddyB745 wrote:
Most likely he'll be in Canada, if his deal up there falls through he'll be doing select outdoor nationals on the husky 125. Which would consist...
Most likely he'll be in Canada, if his deal up there falls through he'll be doing select outdoor nationals on the husky 125. Which would consist of Hangtown, Glen Helen, Colorado, Red Bud, and one more I think. He talked about it on the Main Event Moto podcast last week.
Hopefully a Ktm125 as the Husky was unreliable
malachi177
5/7/2017 8:51pm
paddyB745 wrote:
Most likely he'll be in Canada, if his deal up there falls through he'll be doing select outdoor nationals on the husky 125. Which would consist...
Must be a pretty secretive deal. I haven't heard any rumours about him coming up here for the summer. I've heard lots of other names potentially coming up, but not his. I hope it's true, would be great to see him up here!
OR Racer46
Fantasy
876th
5/7/2017 9:00pm
He is racing this coming weekend in a Rookstool Mx/ enduro. thing. I will
Ask him

The Shop

MX Culture
5/7/2017 11:38pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2017 9:00am
He is not racing anytime soon as he injured his shoulder at Arenacross Friday night.
I asked him about summer and the 125 and he said "NO".
Wants to race a 250 and preferably in Canada.
Getting an MRI on Monday to determine damage on shoulder.
Jrewing
5/8/2017 12:28am
MX Culture wrote:
He is not racing anytime soon as he injured his shoulder at Arenacross Friday night. I asked him about summer and the 125 and he said...
He is not racing anytime soon as he injured his shoulder at Arenacross Friday night.
250 2 banger in the lites class?
Now rather than disadvantaged he will be advantaged. Smart move
pilotdude
5/8/2017 3:35am
MX Culture wrote:
He is not racing anytime soon as he injured his shoulder at Arenacross Friday night. I asked him about summer and the 125 and he said...
Sounds like last year was one for the memories and the ages.
305FC250
5/8/2017 4:26am
Jrewing wrote:
Hopefully a Ktm125 as the Husky was unreliable
I hope this is a joke....
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/8/2017 1:18pm
MX Culture wrote:
Jrewing wrote:
Personally I would prefer to see him race a fully built up 250 down in the states than a stock 250 with a pipe up here. Scoring points down south will get him more attention than racing a stock bike up here.

Of course if he's paid or gets more support to be up here that's a far better deal for him than privateering it down south spending his own money.

One thing is for sure, if he races a 2 stroke up here or down south everybody wins.

BRAAAAP!!!

Forgot to mention that if he comes up here and wants to race a 250 2 stroke he'll have to race the 450 class since no American can race a 2 stroke in the 250 class up here. Fucking bullshit rule.

Upside to racing the 450 class on a 250 2 stroke is that he can run a fully mod bike. Downside is that he'll still be at a disadvantage.

My take, Husqvarna support and Pourcel's teammate. Huqvarna hasn't had a rider in the 250 class since the the team started a couple years ago. They've only had a rider in the 450 class and Tyler Medaglia has moved on to a new Honda supported team.

Huqvarna has a new semi this year and I don't see them pulling a rig to all the rounds just for 1 rider even if that rider is Christophe Pourcel. They'll have to have a 2nd rider and I believe the reason Tyler moved on to another team is because they couldn't afford to have him and Pourcel in the 450 class. Getting a cheaper 250 rider only makes sense for them since they haven't had any representation whatsoever in that class since the operation started a few years ago and bringing a guy like Steinke to the team make sense since he already has a pretty big following.
Jrewing
5/8/2017 4:09pm
MX Culture wrote:
Jrewing wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Personally I would prefer to see him race a fully built up 250 down in the states than a stock 250 with a pipe up here...
Personally I would prefer to see him race a fully built up 250 down in the states than a stock 250 with a pipe up here. Scoring points down south will get him more attention than racing a stock bike up here.

Of course if he's paid or gets more support to be up here that's a far better deal for him than privateering it down south spending his own money.

One thing is for sure, if he races a 2 stroke up here or down south everybody wins.

BRAAAAP!!!

Forgot to mention that if he comes up here and wants to race a 250 2 stroke he'll have to race the 450 class since no American can race a 2 stroke in the 250 class up here. Fucking bullshit rule.

Upside to racing the 450 class on a 250 2 stroke is that he can run a fully mod bike. Downside is that he'll still be at a disadvantage.

My take, Husqvarna support and Pourcel's teammate. Huqvarna hasn't had a rider in the 250 class since the the team started a couple years ago. They've only had a rider in the 450 class and Tyler Medaglia has moved on to a new Honda supported team.

Huqvarna has a new semi this year and I don't see them pulling a rig to all the rounds just for 1 rider even if that rider is Christophe Pourcel. They'll have to have a 2nd rider and I believe the reason Tyler moved on to another team is because they couldn't afford to have him and Pourcel in the 450 class. Getting a cheaper 250 rider only makes sense for them since they haven't had any representation whatsoever in that class since the operation started a few years ago and bringing a guy like Steinke to the team make sense since he already has a pretty big following.
Wow possibly that's the dumbest rule I've ever read. Imports can't use the same bike?

I agree I'd love to see him on a built 250 in the AMA 450 class first.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/8/2017 7:09pm
Jrewing wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Personally I would prefer to see him race a fully built up 250 down in the states than a stock 250 with a pipe up here...

BRAAAAP!!!

Jrewing wrote:
Wow possibly that's the dumbest rule I've ever read. Imports can't use the same bike? I agree I'd love to see him on a built 250...
Wow possibly that's the dumbest rule I've ever read. Imports can't use the same bike?

I agree I'd love to see him on a built 250 in the AMA 450 class first.
It is a stupid rule and I don't agree with it. They're allowed to run a fully modified 250F but can't ride a stock 250 2-stroke with a pipe/silencer. What is the logic in that I don't know. I don't know about you but I'm pretty sure a fully modified 250F from any of the teams is pulling more horsepower than a stock 250 2-stroke.

When they allowed the 2 stroke to compete in the 250 class you were allowed to do some engine work. When Kaven Benoit won the title on a 2 stroke they revised the rules and said that the only mods you were allowed to do was a pipe/silencer and everything else had to remain stock. Benoit won the title on a 2-stroke a second time.

I can't remember if the "No American" can compete on a 250 2-stroke rule came in effect at the same time as the no engine work rule came out or after Benoit won the title for the 2nd time. Either way it's stupid.

There's a second National Series starting next year so we'll see what happens with that. It'll be run by the same guys that run the AX Tour down south. I believe they'll also be introducing a Supercross series as well but more along the lines of what is found down under in Australia and not like the US. That to me makes a lot of sense since we don't have the same amount of population or the same amount of riders/talent as the US.

Things are slowly changing and are looking up for Canada. The end goal is to produce world class riders and slowly but surely we'll get there.
TeamGreen
5/8/2017 8:01pm
"All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine."
smit9722
5/8/2017 8:13pm
Pretty sure he is hurt so that won't happen
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/8/2017 9:29pm
TeamGreen wrote:
"All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine."
Jeff Spicoli for the win. Stankdog kind of has a similar look. I don't know him but from the videos I've watched he sort of has the same type of attitude. He would fit in great in our series.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
5/8/2017 11:15pm
last week on Main event podcast his summer was looking to race with the otsff rockstar yamaha team in canada, if that falls through he planned on racing 125 at a handful of events
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/9/2017 9:00am
last week on Main event podcast his summer was looking to race with the otsff rockstar yamaha team in canada, if that falls through he planned...
last week on Main event podcast his summer was looking to race with the otsff rockstar yamaha team in canada, if that falls through he planned on racing 125 at a handful of events
The OTSFF Rockstar Yamaha team is a 450 effort this year with Matt Goerke and Tim Tremblay but they've run a 250 effort before so who knows. Considering he rode for André's team in Arenacross I could see them making a spot for him.

Curious to know why he would run a 125 down south if the deal for Canada doesn't work out. Why wouldn't he try riding a 250 2-stroke in the 450 class. Surely a built up 250 would be a little more competitive than a built up 125. Not to mention that he went through a whole lot of parts racing the 125 last year. I can't be the only one that would love to see him ride a 250 in the 450 class. He scored 1 point last year on the 125 and I think he could score more points riding a 250.

I'm a fan so where ever he ends up racing I hope he gets enough support to do all the rounds.
TeamGreen
5/12/2017 12:10pm
Is the Stanker riding those -3- "125 Nationals"?

Post a reply to: What is stankdog up to this summer?

The Latest