What is going on with Dillan Epstein this year in Canada.?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/22/2018 10:12 PM

In 2017 on privateer Kawasaki he won a overall, moto's and always up front.
This year he gets signed to Rockstar Energy OTSFF Yamaha to race the
Rockstar Triple crown series.
Arenacross 5th overall.
Outdoors had a 2nd overall at round 6, Gopher Dunes
3rd overall at round 7, Riverglade
6th overall in the outdoors
Thought he would be fighting for podiums in the last 2 Supercross
races with his AMA Supercross experience, not getting lapped.?
What's Photo going to happen in 2019.?
Photo

|

9/22/2018 10:23 PM

Who knows, but he's going unnoticed. .....
-Could be riding hurt.
-Might not like the Yamaha
-Bike could be a POS....
-Other dudes may be going faster.
-too much partying?
-outta shape?

|

9/22/2018 10:34 PM

three9zero wrote:

Who knows, but he's going unnoticed. .....
-Could be riding hurt.
-Might not like the Yamaha
-Bike could be a POS....
-Other dudes may be going faster.
-too much partying?
-outta shape?

He won a moto at Gopher Dunes.. he's not out of shape. I believe he's not comfortable on the Yamaha most of the time.

|

9/22/2018 10:35 PM

three9zero wrote:

Who knows, but he's going unnoticed. .....
-Could be riding hurt.
-Might not like the Yamaha
-Bike could be a POS....
-Other dudes may be going faster.
-too much partying?
-outta shape?

I can assure you the last two are not the case. He might not be handling the pressure well of a factory team, but I haven't talked to him in a while.

|

9/23/2018 6:34 AM

Talked to him a couple of days before the Dunes, he said to say hello, Devin. Photo

|

9/23/2018 8:20 AM

three9zero wrote:

Who knows, but he's going unnoticed. .....
-Could be riding hurt.
-Might not like the Yamaha
-Bike could be a POS....
-Other dudes may be going faster.
-too much partying?
-outta shape?

kevin204 wrote:

He won a moto at Gopher Dunes.. he's not out of shape. I believe he's not comfortable on the Yamaha most of the time.

That is good news......So which of the other possible reasons would you guess ? Could be a combination of a few

|

9/23/2018 9:03 AM

People that come up to Canada and think it is easy pickings are usually wrong.

Only Americans I have seen to make it look “easy” were Millsaps and to a much lesser extent Alessi a while back.

I do miss BobbyK and Evan Laughridge.

Bobby K, always smiling and nice, Filthy will have to take his place, lol.
BobbyK, honorary Canadian.

|

In my 60’s and still loving dirt scoots up here in the frozen north.

2021 Husky 501s

9/23/2018 9:18 AM

It's not like the guy was a front runner in America. Funny how these guys go to Canada and everybody assumes they will destroy the competition. He would be lucky to run top 20 in the US Nationals all year long.

|

9/23/2018 9:37 AM

I can't tell you what's going on with Epstein but do know that the guys running up front are no joke and have serious speed.

At the first couple of rounds of the MX series Facciotti made it look so easy it was unreal. 30+ second leads and it didn't even look like he was trying. Looked like he was just out for a stroll. He's always great to watch but when he's on he's amazing to watch ride.

Personally I think some of our guys don't get the credit they deserve.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

9/23/2018 9:39 AM

Pic of Epstein racing last night.

Photo

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

9/23/2018 11:14 AM

Him and Maff both need their old bikes back.

|

9/23/2018 1:53 PM

RacerX8 wrote:

Him and Maff both need their old bikes back.

I don't think it would make a difference for Maffenbeier. Jess Pettis is still improving year after year while Maffenbeier seems to have plateaued.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

9/23/2018 2:16 PM

Epstein really turned heads last year. This year he was still super fast but other guys stepped it up and didn't get caught by surprise like last year.

Maff was super dominant last year and Pettis did the same this season.

|

9/23/2018 9:07 PM

mb60 wrote:

It's not like the guy was a front runner in America. Funny how these guys go to Canada and everybody assumes they will destroy the competition. He would be lucky to run top 20 in the US Nationals all year long.

"It's not like the guy was a front runner in America"

In the pro ranks, no. He was a really quick amateur, though. He could run the pace of almost any Intermediate in the country when I was racing against him, and some of those kids he beat went on to earn factory rides and contend for wins in the pro ranks. I'm not sure if he would have done the same given equal opportunities, but Dillan hauls ass outdoors. I'm not a huge believer of his skills on a Supercross track, yet; but I think he can be a consistent top 10 guy outdoors with a bike he's comfortable with and a bit of experience on the AMA national circuit.

|

9/24/2018 8:50 AM

RacerX8 wrote:

Him and Maff both need their old bikes back.

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I don't think it would make a difference for Maffenbeier. Jess Pettis is still improving year after year while Maffenbeier seems to have plateaued.

Could be Mav, in 250's the blue bike seems so strong up here. Maffenbeier looked noticeably quicker on the Yamaha than the KTM hence the championship last year, but like you said maybe its just the fact that Pettis is going that much faster too?

Epstein is a head scratcher, he turned heads last year while running a modest program but obviously gelled with the green bike. I'm sure he's frustrated with his season to a point but not from lack of effort from himself or the team.

|

9/24/2018 10:32 AM

RacerX8 wrote:

Could be Mav, in 250's the blue bike seems so strong up here. Maffenbeier looked noticeably quicker on the Yamaha than the KTM hence the championship last year, but like you said maybe its just the fact that Pettis is going that much faster too?

Epstein is a head scratcher, he turned heads last year while running a modest program but obviously gelled with the green bike. I'm sure he's frustrated with his season to a point but not from lack of effort from himself or the team.

Epstein rode Kawasaki his entire amateur career, so it makes sense that he gels with the green bike.

I don't recall him ever racing on a Yamaha prior to this year. (excluding 85s... where he did ride Yamaha)

|