What is The Most important Factor in MX Racing ?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/1/2018 5:16 PM

I know they all come into play but what would you say is most important?

What is The Most important Factor in MX Racing ?

View Results

|

11/1/2018 5:18 PM

I'm gonna go with the Dunge here and say no mistakes.

|

11/1/2018 5:22 PM

Skill over everything........ this is too easy.

|

twist wrist and go...

brad@palmspringsmotorsports.com

11/1/2018 5:24 PM

I didn't see big balls?

|

11/1/2018 5:26 PM

If you don’t have skill you don’t have much. You can learn to do all those other things but skill is the biggest piece of the puzzle

|

11/1/2018 5:30 PM

Skill doesn't necessarily win championships IMO. I know the poll asked only about MX racing but over the course of a season, I'll still take zero mistakes over a huge advantage in skill.

Stewart under-performed because of all the mistakes he made during his career, even though he had a huge advantage in skill/technique for a long time.

|

11/1/2018 5:31 PM

bradmx421 wrote:

Skill over everything........ this is too easy.

Yep, when that 280lb 50 year old man passes you on XR250...that ain't nothing but skill. Ok...partly a lack of skill on my part but we've all seen "that" dude.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

11/1/2018 5:40 PM

zehn wrote:

Skill doesn't necessarily win championships IMO. I know the poll asked only about MX racing but over the course of a season, ...more

I guess I misunderstood "mistakes". I took it to mean picking the wrong lines...losing time. Didn't really consider crashing yer lungs out as a "mistake"...although it definitely is a mistake. Staying off the ground is probably number one...especially if it's the DNF kind.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

11/1/2018 5:43 PM

Lit kit and killa graphics

|

11/1/2018 5:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/1/2018 5:51 PM

If one has enough skill they can make up for mistakes.

It doesn't matter how mistake free one rides if they just don't have the skill to go fast, lol.

|

11/1/2018 6:19 PM

Good starts, consistency, corner entrance and exit speed and good jumping technique.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

11/1/2018 10:03 PM

Money and time to spend riding and maintaining your bike.

|

11/1/2018 10:17 PM

Obviously skill is needed, but in SX where the top 10 can post a best lap within the same second, any of them could legitimately win right? They just need to hit those times consistently lap after lap

|

11/1/2018 10:32 PM

Being super fast when you're 8 years old is the most important factor for anyone looking to turn pro.

|

11/1/2018 10:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/1/2018 10:57 PM

Imo in the Current formula we use ,
Physical Fitness/endurance is the #1 thing .
Look at Dunge. Did people often say he was the fastest guy ? Did he usually set the fastest Qualifying time ?
Did people say he had the best race craft ?
He had #1 endurance #2 consistency.

|

11/1/2018 11:11 PM

blockhead17 wrote:

Obviously skill is needed, but in SX where the top 10 can post a best lap within the same second, any of them could ...more

ummm...consistency is a skill.

|

11/1/2018 11:41 PM

Really hard to answer that , because everyone's idea of skill and fitness is different. It really is a combination of many things , where I'm not sure one is more important than the other. Obviously " Skill " is a huge plus..... because without that , you really can't use anything else.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

11/2/2018 1:22 AM

30+2 motos

|

11/2/2018 1:50 AM

None of those answers. Its confidence and mental commitment.

|

11/2/2018 2:30 AM

blockhead17 wrote:

Obviously skill is needed, but in SX where the top 10 can post a best lap within the same second, any of them could ...more

barnett468 wrote:

ummm...consistency is a skill.

Ok well then technically all of them are skills..

|

11/2/2018 3:43 AM

All those "other" factors aren't going to help when the tank is dry after two laps.

|

11/2/2018 6:49 AM

fullysicmate wrote:

Ummm...skill certainly is one of the main answers and outweighs confidence and mental commitment. I have seen it first hand but that is not to say that confidence and commitment are not also helpful .

|

11/2/2018 6:54 AM

Torqued sprocket bolts has to be the number 1 thing. When I line up with freshly torqued sprocket bolts i know I have what it takes to win that day

|

11/2/2018 7:08 AM

Tarz483 wrote:

My purpose in Putting this Question
It to see what most though IS the most
Important And Second What people Think SHOULD BE the most important and see if the match ,

And Assuming we are talking about pro's than we all know that they Good riders, so I'm NOT talking About taking a C class rider and giving him good fitness and all of He is gonna win a pro Race ,
I guess what I'm Saying is with the current Format , that I think Fitness is Currently the most important thing! I

|

11/2/2018 7:29 AM

Tarz483 wrote:

Tarz483 wrote:

Important And Second What people Think SHOULD BE ...more

well then you should have clarified that in the beginning.

|

11/2/2018 7:45 AM

fullysicmate wrote:

barnett468 wrote:

Ummm...skill certainly is one of the main answers and outweighs confidence and mental commitment. I have seen it first hand ...more

For sure thats true. But i can tell you as I growed up and got mentally stronger i became a much better rider. It makes a huge difference. I know riders they are 'training pros' but as soon as the gate drops theyre so nervous that they almost forget about how they usually ride.

|

11/2/2018 8:00 AM

Be as fast as want but have to make it to the end. I lived it. Lost more leads than I care to remember on the last lap.

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

11/2/2018 8:58 AM

Tarz483 wrote:

Tarz483 wrote:

Important And Second What people Think SHOULD BE ...more

barnett468 wrote:

well then you should have clarified that in the beginning.

That's True I should have clarified that I was thinking about pro Racing , because the same though process isnt necessarily in play when you Run probably 4 laps or so at local races on average

|

11/2/2018 9:14 AM

Desire. Ask RC.
The burning desire to win trumps all the above. It is what drives the practice, training, and all other aspects of putting your program together.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

11/2/2018 9:19 AM

Track variety.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."