What if privateers just don't show up?

hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
8/12/2019 5:04pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2019 5:08pm
Ive thought about this for years, Top 20 qualifiers race the 2 motos, then 21-40 race a single 20 minute B final during intermission between 1st 450 moto and 2nd 250 moto. Run a separate points and purse system for the B main. Allow B main points to be transferred to the main class at like a 25% exchange rate. (3rd in the B main, 20 points in that series, can count for 5 points in the normal series). This would address the fact that some normal top 20 guys may not make the normal races, yet still allow them to gain some points.
seventeen
8/12/2019 5:13pm
hartebreak wrote:
Ive thought about this for years, Top 20 qualifiers race the 2 motos, then 21-40 race a single 20 minute B final during intermission between 1st...
Ive thought about this for years, Top 20 qualifiers race the 2 motos, then 21-40 race a single 20 minute B final during intermission between 1st 450 moto and 2nd 250 moto. Run a separate points and purse system for the B main. Allow B main points to be transferred to the main class at like a 25% exchange rate. (3rd in the B main, 20 points in that series, can count for 5 points in the normal series). This would address the fact that some normal top 20 guys may not make the normal races, yet still allow them to gain some points.
Its not the worst idea...but it'll get zero tv. It'll get covered on NBC Gold. I'd watch a 20 rider B main in between motos...
I like the current format better however...but this has merit.
TexasVet
8/12/2019 5:46pm
kb228 wrote:
Id imagine not showing up means you break obligations with sponsors and you dont get paid
Harry_Gray wrote:
If the privateers did this; I'm sure their sponsors would probably support them on this. I'm not gonna throw DC under the bus on this, as...
If the privateers did this; I'm sure their sponsors would probably support them on this. I'm not gonna throw DC under the bus on this, as I think he's doing an otherwise good job. However, there has to be a way for someone that isn't factory supported but in the top 20 to make a living racing outdoors.
So, you are saying the boycott riders sponsors would agree that paying a rider with their money and whatever have

even less exposure and return?

Question: Why does there have to be a way to make a living racing outdoors?

Maybe they could sell Girl Scout Cookies.

The Shop

Lucifa.
8/12/2019 6:03pm
The racing at the front would play out the same as it has all year and no one would care besides people emotionally invested in those...
The racing at the front would play out the same as it has all year and no one would care besides people emotionally invested in those privateers not attending.
Bullshit
So what you're saying is if the privateers still showed up, the racing at the front will magically change from the current frontrunners and the people that aren't emotionally invested in privateers would start to care?

I call bullshit on your bullshit.

Now thats a load of shit.
8/12/2019 6:36pm
The racing at the front would play out the same as it has all year and no one would care besides people emotionally invested in those...
The racing at the front would play out the same as it has all year and no one would care besides people emotionally invested in those privateers not attending.
Bullshit
You sound emotionally invested. This statement clearly doesn't apply to you.
8/12/2019 6:51pm
I'm torn. I like the 40 man gate start but since 28 of them get lapped its kinda bullshit for a professional sport to allow walk on's.
8/12/2019 6:55pm
When will people realize that there isn’t much money in this sport? If a privateer wants to make money, go be a tradesmen during the week and race on the weekends.
biscuit11
8/12/2019 9:07pm
To some of them living a dream may be more important than making a buck.

Post a reply to: What if privateers just don't show up?

The Latest