What if Tesla actually made a bike.

Related:
Create New Tag

12/8/2019 3:06 PM

Elon hinted at making a dirt bike after he announced he going to release the electric quad at the same time as the truck. I wonder if it will compare to Alta?

|

12/8/2019 3:26 PM

What if my aunt had balls. She’d be my uncle

|

12/8/2019 3:28 PM

Harley would invest money, theyd make multiple models of bikes, harley withdraws money and tesla dirtbike division folds.

I kid i kid.

|

12/8/2019 3:58 PM

I don’t want anything to do with electric vehicles.

|

12/8/2019 4:03 PM

|

Thanks for your Support
100%, Mobius, Sunstar, Pirelli, Odi, Acerbis, Beck's Tech Suspension and Tuning, Arma Sport, Works Connection, Mojo Motorsports, Ride Engineering

12/8/2019 4:05 PM

It would just be a YZ250 with an electric motor and Lamborghini looking plastic.

|

12/8/2019 4:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/8/2019 4:08 PM

Prediction, we'll just end up hearing how inferior it is to an ESR YZ 325.

|

12/8/2019 4:09 PM

Mx crowd don’t like them ol ‘lectric motors n such. We like burnin them ole dinosaurs n such.

|

12/8/2019 4:12 PM

Doddy wrote:

It would just be a YZ250 with an electric motor and Lamborghini looking plastic.

But would that be a bad thing, if they offered an electric motor on a proven platform?

|

12/8/2019 4:21 PM

Dirtydeeds wrote:

My thoughts exactly.cool

|

Ed Johnson

12/8/2019 4:25 PM

If they followed the same design approach as the truck- they will have a bunch of people designing the bike that have never used/owned a motox bike..

|

12/8/2019 5:25 PM

Tesla owned a small portion of Alta, and the Alta founders were former Tesla guys. If they were interested in building a motorcycle, they probably should have just increased their stake in Alta and bought out the other venture folks.

|

12/8/2019 5:45 PM

APLMAN99 wrote:

Tesla owned a small portion of Alta, and the Alta founders were former Tesla guys. If they were interested in building a ...more

Are you sure Tesla owned part of Alta?

I’ll be honest I don’t know for sure if you’re right or wrong, but I got the impression that a lot of Alta’s employees weren’t happy with Tesla and jumped ship for that reason.

As for Tesla making a bike, they’d be smart to just bring the old Alta team back and expand in what they started. I was told they had another bike in the works that would have been game changing, but that’s all I know.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

12/8/2019 5:48 PM

ktmdan wrote:

Mx crowd don’t like them ol ‘lectric motors n such. We like burnin them ole dinosaurs n such.

It has and will serve us well for years to come. But the old lectric will only last so many charging cycles then it will need a new battry that will cost 80 percent of what the bike cost. If the company can stay in bizznss long enough.

|

12/8/2019 5:57 PM

Excaliburbmx wrote:

It has and will serve us well for years to come. But the old lectric will only last so many charging cycles then it will need ...more

As opposed to putting new top ends, cranks, etc. etc. into a bike that will depreciate in value much faster.

Current Tesla batteries are rated to be good for 100,000 charge/discharge cycles before they need to be replaced. Can you say the same about modern ICE?

|

12/8/2019 6:03 PM

APLMAN99 wrote:

Tesla owned a small portion of Alta, and the Alta founders were former Tesla guys. If they were interested in building a ...more

JM485 wrote:

I’ll be honest I don’t know for sure if you’re right or wrong, but I got the ...more

Tesla owned no part of Alta. Former Tesla founders were a part of Alta.

|

12/8/2019 6:04 PM

APLMAN99 wrote:

JM485 wrote:

I’ll be honest I don’t know for sure if you’re right or wrong, but I got the ...more

Yeah, in one of their funding rounds Tesla purchased a pretty small portion. Nothing like a majority position, and if I remember correctly it was maybe only $1-$2M dollars total.

Pretty sure that Musk has rubbed most people the wrong way at least once, but sometimes bridges get rebuilt even if you think that they are impossible.

|

12/8/2019 6:12 PM

Dirtydeeds wrote:

As long as it does not have glass windows it should be good to go!

|

12/8/2019 6:13 PM

Dirtydeeds wrote:

Actually wouldn't it make your uncle gay?

|

12/8/2019 7:40 PM

ktmdan wrote:

Excaliburbmx wrote:

It has and will serve us well for years to come. But the old lectric will only last so many charging cycles then it will need ...more

zehn wrote:

As opposed to putting new top ends, cranks, etc. etc. into a bike that will depreciate in value much faster.

Current Tesla ...more

There is a Tesla here in Indy in need of a battery already. No way it went through 100k charge cycles.
Again I have no problem with the maintenance on ice engines.

|

12/8/2019 7:50 PM

Excaliburbmx wrote:

There is a Tesla here in Indy in need of a battery already. No way it went through 100k charge cycles.
Again I have no ...more

Yeah and brand new bikes have catastrophic crank failures at 1 hour. What’s your point?

|

12/8/2019 7:52 PM

Make sure you buy stock before it gets released.

Photo

|

12/8/2019 8:25 PM

You’d probably be able to put a 9mm round right through it...

|

12/8/2019 8:30 PM

Tesla hmm, I don't buy that they sent one into space on a rocket, or that they land their rockets backwards down on the launch pad. All the video looks like a cartoon.

They have created a product people will pay for in large volumes, and that is a game changer. When the solid state batteries come out in a few years ICE engines will be like 8 tracks.

|

12/8/2019 8:47 PM

ktmdan wrote:

Excaliburbmx wrote:

zehn wrote:

Current Tesla ...more

Aren’t they rated for 10k charge cycles? Not 100k

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

12/8/2019 10:26 PM

Excaliburbmx wrote:

zehn wrote:

Current Tesla ...more

mattyhamz2 wrote:

I just did some more research and you are correct, the current batteries are good for 5000-10000 charges, although they have an 8 year warranty with no mileage limit. The point remains though. That’s a huge amount of charge cycles before you lose a significant amount of battery life compared to how often ICE engines need repairs

|

12/8/2019 10:53 PM

Johnny Depp wrote:

Tesla hmm, I don't buy that they sent one into space on a rocket, or that they land their rockets backwards down on the launch ...more

Not enough charging stations across the country. Not enough repair facilities to fix those either.

It’s a trend and a tech fad. A five year old Tesla won’t sell when the tech is quickly outdated.

|

12/9/2019 12:59 AM

Johnny Depp wrote:

Tesla hmm, I don't buy that they sent one into space on a rocket, or that they land their rockets backwards down on the launch ...more

So you're saying the SpaceX landings are fake!? You know that you can actually go to Cape Canaveral and watch a start and a landing live? Like with your own eyes.. you can even leave your tin foil hat on while watching.

|

12/9/2019 1:03 AM

zehn wrote:

Current Tesla ...more

mattyhamz2 wrote:

zehn wrote:

I just did some more research and you are correct, the current batteries are good for 5000-10000 charges, although they have ...more

8 years have 2922 days. So you have to charge it twice a day to get over 5000 charging cycles in that time. Should be enough.

|

12/9/2019 2:01 AM

Don’t want to speculate, but my guess is it would look like shit!!! Rather be seen riding one of the old Yz’s with the radiator on the triple clamps!!! Better yet.......
I’d rather be seen owning a Cannondale!!,!! Hahahahahahah

|