What if Cairolli wins...

Related:
Create New Tag

8/29/2017 12:52 PM

With all this talk of what went down at Ironman, i can't think of a better opportunity for Cairolli to prove he is the best ever. Literally everyone will have to shut their mouths. New track, in the US, against the best in the world (bar Roczen). Cairolli's championship is pretty much sewn up (of course their is that what if he crashes), but i see a MASSIVE opportunity to seal his name in the hall of fame IF he goes out there and kills everyone. This is coming from a MX fan, with knowledge of what's happened for the last couple of decades. Windham kicked Evert's butt at the US GP in '99, RC kicked Everts's butt in 2003 (i was there). If Cairolli rose to the challenge and won, I believe his name would be up there with RC. This of course is fantasy talk...so don't take it too seriously (oops im in Vital)

|

8/29/2017 12:55 PM

It's just so hard to imagine a scenario where Cairoli mixes it up at the front. He's a really smart guy, and people are gonna remember his stack of titles more than one Sunday in Florida, and he knows it.

|

F1. MotoGP. MXGP. Screw the rest.

8/29/2017 12:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2017 2:17 PM

He will focus 100% on the title. There are still 2 rounds of MXGP after the USGP. Cairoli will aim at a top 5 finish.

Herlings, Tomac and Gajser are the 3 riders that will battle of the win.

|

8/29/2017 1:03 PM

I think Cairoli has proven he's one of the best and I think people already associate him with names like Everts and Carmichael. One race does not a reputation make...but I see your point.

Championship or "one race" fame. Ask Tomac how that worked out for him. Tony takes the championship all day long over the win.

|

8/29/2017 1:03 PM

If you saw him in the last mxgp round he was just cruising. This will not be any different

|

8/29/2017 1:13 PM

you guys are funny

ZO ain't no puss, he just had to finish the race in the points and he went out and fucking killed it

i want to see Cairoli do the same and go out to win. not lay over and take an ass whooping like ET

|

8/29/2017 1:21 PM

Carmchichael and everts?

Yeah right.

You mean Carmichael then everts and Tony.

Haha. I couldn't resist

|

8/29/2017 1:22 PM

Herlings has nothing to lose but Cairoli won't put his 9th title at risk, I would imagine its much more important than a single race meeting.

|

8/29/2017 1:24 PM

peelout wrote:

you guys are funny

ZO ain't no puss, he just had to finish the race in the points and he went out and fucking killed it

i want to see Cairoli do the same and go out to win. not lay over and take an ass whooping like ET

Don't we all want to see that whistling

Ain't gunna happen though AC222 is just to sensible.

|

8/29/2017 1:26 PM

would surprise a lot of people ... but who knows ? he took herlings to the challenge in Lommel , as everybody expected him to ride smart for the title ... but last round he really seemed to settle down and cruise , but would love to see it happen as he is the best Tony i have seen in years and this would look good on his sheet

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

8/29/2017 1:29 PM

Febvre and Gajser have half a chance.

|

8/29/2017 2:22 PM

Brownstone322 wrote:

It's just so hard to imagine a scenario where Cairoli mixes it up at the front. He's a really smart guy, and people are gonna remember his stack of titles more than one Sunday in Florida, and he knows it.

Agreed, but given a great start...I'd love to see TC show why he's a multi-time champion. He's the Euro version of Ryan Dungey, and Ryan would turn it up if he smelled blood & could do it without risking a huge mistake.

|

8/29/2017 2:28 PM

Langston_fan wrote:

With all this talk of what went down at Ironman, i can't think of a better opportunity for Cairolli to prove he is the best ever. Literally everyone will have to shut their mouths. New track, in the US, against the best in the world (bar Roczen). Cairolli's championship is pretty much sewn up (of course their is that what if he crashes), but i see a MASSIVE opportunity to seal his name in the hall of fame IF he goes out there and kills everyone. This is coming from a MX fan, with knowledge of what's happened for the last couple of decades. Windham kicked Evert's butt at the US GP in '99, RC kicked Everts's butt in 2003 (i was there). If Cairolli rose to the challenge and won, I believe his name would be up there with RC. This of course is fantasy talk...so don't take it too seriously (oops im in Vital)

Windham kicked Everts' butt in '99

They tied. Windham got the tie-break. A GP win but hardly a 'butt-kicking'.
|

8/29/2017 3:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2017 3:53 PM

What is with the "everyone will have to shut their mouths" comment? Everyone, literally everyone knows and readily admits that AC is one of the best to ever do it. Period. He is a contender to win if you were to line him up at any motocross race at any point in history.

|

Are you smart enough to buy a bike that costs less, weighs less, makes more horsepower per cubic centimeter, can be rebuilt for recycled aluminum can money and is giggle inducing? It is hard to believe that the American riding public flunks this test en masse. How stupid are you?

8/29/2017 3:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2017 3:48 PM

I would guess if he won he'd extend his points lead?

|

8/29/2017 4:40 PM

Langston_fan wrote:

If he wins than he wins the title and the argument for him being the best GP rider of all time will be very loud, IMO he is. Best Ever will be RC until this sport dies.

|

8/29/2017 4:44 PM

Langston_fan wrote:

What if? It means he'll be the best that day. It's not like you earn all-time dominance based on one day of racing. It's what you do over a career...and Antonio has proven over a whole bunch of seasons that he's one bad dude on a dirt bike.

|

8/29/2017 4:54 PM

Cairolli wins, Herlings 2nd, Gajser 3rd, Vital implodes........

|

"Who cares about what other people think"

8/29/2017 5:04 PM

Myke wrote:

Cairolli wins, Herlings 2nd, Gajser 3rd, Vital implodes........

Oh my...

|

8/29/2017 5:13 PM

Cairoli will be bringing the title home,he's said and showed that a few weeks ago,Gajser isn't at his best and Febvre certainly isn't it's Herlings that's the one that stands the best chance of taking the win from Tomac on home soil here

|

(I also regret my username,funny at the time "you had to be there..")

8/29/2017 5:27 PM

peelout wrote:

you guys are funny

Different class and situation.
ZO has been a step above his competition all year. To win in the MXGP class will take being (way) above his comfort level. He just won't risk it. Tomac flirted with the chance to race Herlings and it bit him.
As frustrating as it is seeing these guys manage championships, it has to be done at times. It's their Job, money, career accomplishment etc. Anyone that seriously doesn't get that should follow another sport.

|

8/29/2017 7:08 PM

I like the euro contingent racing our guys. Too cool.

|

8/29/2017 9:26 PM

He ain't phonin it in. If he gets a start expect him to win. JH or ET will have to take it from him 'cause nothing will be given.

|

8/29/2017 9:40 PM

If Cairoli wins i'm busy Monday morning making banners for this website.

|

8/29/2017 9:47 PM

I'm so hopin the old bull rears his head to keep the confidence of the youngun's in check but like others have said I see him just getting his points and leaving

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

8/29/2017 9:54 PM

Someone posted this on cairolis comment section. Guess who liked the comment? yep ac222 smile

Photo

|

8/29/2017 9:57 PM

I've read somewhere he isn't even practising like usual to limit his time on a bike and possibility of an injury, so going for the win ain't going to happen unless it comes easy.

|

8/29/2017 10:04 PM

scottydogmx wrote:

I've read somewhere he isn't even practising like usual to limit his time on a bike and possibility of an injury, so going for the win ain't going to happen unless it comes easy.

Looks like he wasnt holding back yesterday atleast smile
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYY4PPJnd47/

|

8/29/2017 10:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2017 10:09 PM

scottydogmx wrote:

Just watch his instagram with a video of bike riding in Lommel yesterday! No pushing or riding on the limit?? he is on it and going for it!!

He probally will go save at the USGP, wrap up the title in Assen in the first moto and Battle/Beat JH for the overall at his home GP.

|

8/29/2017 10:11 PM

Sideways wrote:

Looks like he wasnt holding back yesterday atleast smile
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYY4PPJnd47/

X2 i just said that haha! He is going for it there

|