What if Aldon.....

SwingHard
3/22/2018 9:08pm
Steiny wrote:
Would LeBron be a better player if Aldon trained him is a laughable question. I would guess that the guy who is college educated in fitness...
Would LeBron be a better player if Aldon trained him is a laughable question. I would guess that the guy who is college educated in fitness and kinesiology and that has been training Basketball players since 2001 probably knows a bit more than some ex 10 speed racer. It cracks me up when guys who dont know much outside of MX think Aldon is this great savior, hes not, he is a guy who got a break from Johnny O.

If Johnny had introduced me to RC and said, "hey, this guy has trained BMX kids and knows how to train", Youd all be yelling, STEINY IS THE GREATEST EVER.

LeBron will never be a pro on a motorcycle, and no amount of practice will get him there.

Ryan Dungey will never, nor could he have ever been in the NBA, and no amount of training would have got him there.

Are MXers athletes? Absolutely they are, but so a curlers, bowlers and golfers.

I would bet that if a young NFL player took mx seriously for a few years, he could possibly be a local pro, but there is no way on Gods green earth that any professional rider will ever be in the NFL or any minor league football team.

Top MXers are tremendous endurance athletes, but lack the physical skills to be pro stick and ball sports.

TXDirt wrote:
Think about this for a second.... Let’s assume right now Tomac has 9 months to train 10 hours a day at basketball. That’s all he does...
Think about this for a second....

Let’s assume right now Tomac has 9 months to train 10 hours a day at basketball. That’s all he does. Can he provide a semblance of knowing what he is doing on an NBA court? Can he at all resemble let’s say 25% of Mathew Dilladevoa?

Maybe.. let’s just assume that for now he could. Delladevo is no physical specimen. He’s gritty and can play ball.

If you put Kevin Love on a motorcycle for 9 months for 10 hours a day, will he at all resemble 25% of Let’s say Pieck?

Absolutely fucking no chance.

Will he resemble even last place rider to even make the night show?

Absolutely not.

Too many folks hold these stick and ball sports people on some kind of pedestal.

You know how the AMA has lappers?? So does every sport. Only difference is the others sports pay lappers better.

Don’t think for a second that because someone is in the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, that automatically makes them more athletic or better athletes then our MX racers.

That’s not true at all.
No doubt the elite guys of Motocross are incredible at racing motorcycles. With that being said, there is no way that any of them are even close in Athleticism to a guy like Bo Jackson,LeBron James,Mike Trout. Just for size comparison, they dont even come close to a guy like JulianEdelman.
jeffro503
3/22/2018 9:08pm
Steiny wrote:
If Tomac trained 10 hours a day for 9 months, he may be able to make the varsity squad at a small high school. some how...
If Tomac trained 10 hours a day for 9 months, he may be able to make the varsity squad at a small high school.

some how after just 9 months of training, a 5 foot 9 Tomac will suddenly be better than kid who have been training for years.

UpTiTe wrote:
Give it up, I really don't think any of these guys have been around good athletes.
You give NBA , NFL and college players to much credit.

Not to sound weird....but go pull up the naked pic of Dungey sitting down. Then come back here and tell us he doesn't resemble a highly tuned professional athlete!

Better yet , don't compare his height , pretend his 6'-8" tall in that pic.....then show me one damn basket ball player in that good of condition.

You may of also forgot about the university sports report where top Mx racers were tested against just about every kind of professional athlete out there. There was basically no comparison when it came to a combination of strength , cardio and overall fitness. The damn Mx dudes smoked everyone except for professional rugby players.

You're saying that your opinion on this is correct and the entire study is wrong.

Now with those results from that study....shows that top level Mx dudes are the 2nd most physically fit dudes there are out there competing!

Saying " none " of them are even as good as college athletes? More like they mopped the floor with professional stick and ball sport athletes!
3/22/2018 9:11pm
Professional mx racers are professional athletes just like racecar drivers are professional athletes. The amount of kids who play basketball compared to the number who make it in the pros is astronomical. Labron is a once a generational athlete who was proceeded by Michael Jordan and the next generational athlete has not been identified if there is one. BTW if you have a rich enough daddy you can be a professional race car driver regardless of talent.
jeffro503
3/22/2018 9:11pm
Steiny wrote:
Would LeBron be a better player if Aldon trained him is a laughable question. I would guess that the guy who is college educated in fitness...
Would LeBron be a better player if Aldon trained him is a laughable question. I would guess that the guy who is college educated in fitness and kinesiology and that has been training Basketball players since 2001 probably knows a bit more than some ex 10 speed racer. It cracks me up when guys who dont know much outside of MX think Aldon is this great savior, hes not, he is a guy who got a break from Johnny O.

If Johnny had introduced me to RC and said, "hey, this guy has trained BMX kids and knows how to train", Youd all be yelling, STEINY IS THE GREATEST EVER.

LeBron will never be a pro on a motorcycle, and no amount of practice will get him there.

Ryan Dungey will never, nor could he have ever been in the NBA, and no amount of training would have got him there.

I would bet that if a young NFL player took mx seriously for a few years, he could possibly be a local pro, but there is no way on Gods green earth that any professional rider will ever be in the NFL or any minor league football team.

Top MXers are tremendous endurance athletes, but lack the physical skills to be pro stick and ball sports.

TXDirt wrote:
Think about this for a second.... Let’s assume right now Tomac has 9 months to train 10 hours a day at basketball. That’s all he does...

Let’s assume right now Tomac has 9 months to train 10 hours a day at basketball. That’s all he does. Can he provide a semblance of knowing what he is doing on an NBA court? Can he at all resemble let’s say 25% of Mathew Dilladevoa?

Maybe.. let’s just assume that for now he could. Delladevo is no physical specimen. He’s gritty and can play ball.

If you put Kevin Love on a motorcycle for 9 months for 10 hours a day, will he at all resemble 25% of Let’s say Pieck?

Absolutely not.

Too many folks hold these stick and ball sports people on some kind of pedestal.

You know how the AMA has lappers?? So does every sport. Only difference is the others sports pay lappers better.

Don’t think for a second that because someone is in the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, that automatically makes them more athletic or better athletes then our MX racers.

That’s not true at all.
SwingHard wrote:
No doubt the elite guys of Motocross are incredible at racing motorcycles. With that being said, there is no way that any of them are even...
No doubt the elite guys of Motocross are incredible at racing motorcycles. With that being said, there is no way that any of them are even close in Athleticism to a guy like Bo Jackson,LeBron James,Mike Trout. Just for size comparison, they dont even come close to a guy like JulianEdelman.
Read my post above and find the study I mentioned. Professional NFL guys are slobs compared to the top Mx and SX racers out there. Don't believe me...Google the study.

The Shop

3/22/2018 9:16pm
Mx is considered an endurance sport, which requires an entirely different skill set than basketball.
3/22/2018 9:21pm Edited Date/Time 3/22/2018 9:25pm
Tomac gets destroyed in the octagon by Conner macgregor. Macgregor can't get around the local peewee track. Who's the better athlete? Their respective skill sets are so different that they are really incomparable.
Radman66
3/22/2018 9:38pm
Comparing apples to oranges here. Moto heads don't respect the level of fitness a guy like LeBron has, and stick n ball fans don't respect what it takes to pound out 30 minute motos in the peak of the summer. Having said that, our sport has never seen a guy that's in the type of physical condition as LeBron James. And that's zero disrespect to the top guys of our sport.
TXDirt
3/22/2018 10:36pm
TXDirt wrote:

Absolutely not.

That’s not true at all.
You're out of your effing mind if you think Tomac could spend 8months practicing basketball and step on an NBA court. He couldn't get a wiff...
You're out of your effing mind if you think Tomac could spend 8months practicing basketball and step on an NBA court. He couldn't get a wiff of a Div 2 team.
KennyT wrote:
He would not get a whiff of a HS team. There are some
very amusing post in this thread
The point was Tomac will be closer to making a squad then Kevin Love (an nba all star) will be to making the night program after 9 months of intense training.

Do you guys even read and comprehend anything?

My post was not about Tomac making a squad. It was who would be closer to making a showing after 9 months of intense training.

But yeah. Dont read and comprehend anything but the first 7 words of a post and then make sure to react in a completely irrelevant manner.
TXDirt
3/22/2018 10:39pm
Steiny wrote:

TXDirt wrote:

Absolutely not.

That’s not true at all.
SwingHard wrote:
No doubt the elite guys of Motocross are incredible at racing motorcycles. With that being said, there is no way that any of them are even...
That was not the point. Uptight said “they wouldn’t make any sport at the collegiate Level”.

That is obviously complete bullshit. As has been established a few pages ago.
TXDirt
3/22/2018 10:50pm
TXDirt wrote:

Absolutely not.

That’s not true at all.
You're out of your effing mind if you think Tomac could spend 8months practicing basketball and step on an NBA court. He couldn't get a wiff...
You're out of your effing mind if you think Tomac could spend 8months practicing basketball and step on an NBA court. He couldn't get a wiff of a Div 2 team.
KennyT wrote:
Really?? Not even a HS team? Please send me whatever you are smoking.

I ran varsity cross country and played varsity football. And I raced since I was 6 till I retired due to injuries at around age 21. I qualified for AMA nationals at 18 years old right after Loretta’s.

What the hell makes you think High School kids are somehow superior to motocross athletes??

That’s a joke.

I’m going to avoid dropping stats here. But I ran varsity cross country as a 14 year old and had to get a special permit to allow me to run at the highschool Level. Hey maybe my school sucked. I dunno. But I was the only Junior high school kid with a Letter jacket. Yeah it was a chick magnet! And guess what none of my friends raced motorcycles.

Pump the brakes on HIGHSCHOOL athletes being more athletic then out top pros. Thats just pure ignorance on your Part.
Crush
3/22/2018 11:08pm
^^^^^^ Think they're referring to skills and physical attributes TXDirt.

Eli is maybe 5'10", white, and for what we know doesn't play ball at all. Sure his VO2 might be great, he might have good hand/eye coordination, but if you're gonna judge him against ball players? There is a lot of skill and tactics.

Perhaps if you were just assessing physical fitness... chuck em on a MTB/Road bike or rower. He'd be fine. I don't think he'd be able to get on the court though, unless Eli is a closet Nuggets fan!
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
3/23/2018 4:45am
jeffro503 wrote:
You give NBA , NFL and college players to much credit. Not to sound weird....but go pull up the naked pic of Dungey sitting down. Then...
You give NBA , NFL and college players to much credit.

Not to sound weird....but go pull up the naked pic of Dungey sitting down. Then come back here and tell us he doesn't resemble a highly tuned professional athlete!

Better yet , don't compare his height , pretend his 6'-8" tall in that pic.....then show me one damn basket ball player in that good of condition.

You may of also forgot about the university sports report where top Mx racers were tested against just about every kind of professional athlete out there. There was basically no comparison when it came to a combination of strength , cardio and overall fitness. The damn Mx dudes smoked everyone except for professional rugby players.

You're saying that your opinion on this is correct and the entire study is wrong.

Now with those results from that study....shows that top level Mx dudes are the 2nd most physically fit dudes there are out there competing!

Saying " none " of them are even as good as college athletes? More like they mopped the floor with professional stick and ball sport athletes!
Again, you're confusing endurance with actual athletic ability.

Look mean nothing, I could put the most un athletic kid on a diet and weight regimen and he too would be ripped. I wouldn't call in men's fitness model a superior athlete, but they sure look like it.

If we're going on looks, go google Refrigerator Perry. 6'4 325 pounds of pure fat, but he could run a 4.7 40 and had a 32 inch vertical.

90% of 20-30 something Amercans can, with the same program be every bit as fit as most motocross riders, but less than 20% can jump as high or run as quick as a fat football player.
3/23/2018 5:08am
Motocrossers don't give a shit what their vertical is or how fast they run the 40. If y'all think a fat ass 350 lbs lineman is more "athletically gifted" than motocrosses top athletes, you're nuts. This thread has taken a pathetic turn. By the way, being good at motocross requires something those stick and ball athletes don't do, and that's laying your life on the line every time you get behind a gate. MX takes balls.
TXDirt
3/23/2018 5:20am
Crush wrote:
^^^^^^ Think they're referring to skills and physical attributes TXDirt. Eli is maybe 5'10", white, and for what we know doesn't play ball at all. Sure...

Eli is maybe 5'10", white, and for what we know doesn't play ball at all. Sure his VO2 might be great, he might have good hand/eye coordination, but if you're gonna judge him against ball players? There is a lot of skill and tactics.

Perhaps if you were just assessing physical fitness... chuck em on a MTB/Road bike or rower. He'd be fine. I don't think he'd be able to get on the court though, unless Eli is a closet Nuggets fan!
Understand your point. But to say these racers couldn’t make it at ANY sport at the collegiate level is completely untrue. And further, now someone says they couldn’t play sports even at the HS level. Come on. Lots of these guys probably raced their first AMA national before they would have even been out of highschool.
NVA57
Fantasy
1560th
3/23/2018 5:21am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2018 5:25am
UpTiTe wrote:
Again, you're confusing endurance with actual athletic ability. Look mean nothing, I could put the most un athletic kid on a diet and weight regimen and...

Look mean nothing, I could put the most un athletic kid on a diet and weight regimen and he too would be ripped. I wouldn't call in men's fitness model a superior athlete, but they sure look like it.

If we're going on looks, go google Refrigerator Perry. 6'4 325 pounds of pure fat, but he could run a 4.7 40 and had a 32 inch vertical.

90% of 20-30 something Amercans can, with the same program be every bit as fit as most motocross riders, but less than 20% can jump as high or run as quick as a fat football player.
You're doing the same.

The comparison would be: Can 20% of 20-30 something Americans be as fast, coordinated and smooth on a motorcycle as most motocross riders opposed to 20% that can jump as high or run as quick as a fat football player?
Frodad78
3/23/2018 5:36am
If anything this thread has been very revealing in regards to grey matter and fragile egos. Egads bro
bradnelson
3/23/2018 5:36am
Didn't RJ Hampshire turn down college baseball for moto ? It was something like that.

He's probably regretting that now. Poor kid.
billyp330
3/23/2018 5:53am
TXDirt wrote:
Really?? Not even a HS team? Please send me whatever you are smoking. I ran varsity cross country and played varsity football. And I raced since...

I ran varsity cross country and played varsity football. And I raced since I was 6 till I retired due to injuries at around age 21. I qualified for AMA nationals at 18 years old right after Loretta’s.

What the hell makes you think High School kids are somehow superior to motocross athletes??

That’s a joke.

I’m going to avoid dropping stats here. But I ran varsity cross country as a 14 year old and had to get a special permit to allow me to run at the highschool Level. Hey maybe my school sucked. I dunno. But I was the only Junior high school kid with a Letter jacket. Yeah it was a chick magnet! And guess what none of my friends raced motorcycles.

Pump the brakes on HIGHSCHOOL athletes being more athletic then out top pros. Thats just pure ignorance on your Part.
Totally agree. I never even played ball and stick sports in HS and I could hold my own against my schools best on any day. I beat varsity players in one on one games. I was always one of first picks for backyard football games. NONE of my non moto buddies could come close to me on a moto track, yet I was just as good or damn close to any of them in their chosen sport.

I also have played backyard fun games (touch football, flag football, handball, etc) with college players (2 football players, 1 basketball player, and 3 field and track players) while I was in college (Youngstown State University, not sure what Division they are as I don't follow any sports other then moto so maybe they are shit compared to other schools IDK), in a running class I took for fun. Guess what? I could hold my own just fine against them as well. Yes, they were better then me, but I was off the couch, hadn't played those sports at any level my entire life and could score points and keep a somewhat close game. NONE of them could throw a leg over a bike and even be within a lap of me in a 5 lap race. I'm no where near the level of an athlete as Ryan Dungey or Eli Tomac.

I'm not saying that Elite NFL or NBA guys aren't athletic, I'm just stating that elite moto guys are just as athletic as any elite NFL or NBA. Could some translate over? I believe so, but we will never really know as I don't see any moto guys going to NFL or NBA and any NFL or NBA guys going to Moto.
yz763
3/23/2018 6:04am
Wow! I wasn’t expecting this thread to be so controversial....or was I? Haha!!

I wonder if Rik Smits is on Vital?
MR. X
3/23/2018 6:15am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2018 6:16am
Why are people comparing endurance type athletes to ball players who perform in extremely short bursts with plenty of rest in between? To say that a professional trainer like aldon couldn't cross over to another sport and be successful is just ignorant.
TXDirt
3/23/2018 6:29am
TXDirt wrote:
Really?? Not even a HS team? Please send me whatever you are smoking. I ran varsity cross country and played varsity football. And I raced since...

That’s a joke.

billyp330 wrote:
Totally agree. I never even played ball and stick sports in HS and I could hold my own against my schools best on any day. I...
Totally agree. I never even played ball and stick sports in HS and I could hold my own against my schools best on any day. I beat varsity players in one on one games. I was always one of first picks for backyard football games. NONE of my non moto buddies could come close to me on a moto track, yet I was just as good or damn close to any of them in their chosen sport.

I also have played backyard fun games (touch football, flag football, handball, etc) with college players (2 football players, 1 basketball player, and 3 field and track players) while I was in college (Youngstown State University, not sure what Division they are as I don't follow any sports other then moto so maybe they are shit compared to other schools IDK), in a running class I took for fun. Guess what? I could hold my own just fine against them as well. Yes, they were better then me, but I was off the couch, hadn't played those sports at any level my entire life and could score points and keep a somewhat close game. NONE of them could throw a leg over a bike and even be within a lap of me in a 5 lap race. I'm no where near the level of an athlete as Ryan Dungey or Eli Tomac.

I'm not saying that Elite NFL or NBA guys aren't athletic, I'm just stating that elite moto guys are just as athletic as any elite NFL or NBA. Could some translate over? I believe so, but we will never really know as I don't see any moto guys going to NFL or NBA and any NFL or NBA guys going to Moto.
Exactly 100%.
Uncle Tony
3/23/2018 6:52am
I've been checking in here from time to time
You can't really compare MX to any other sport in the world

Dean Miller, lackeys trainer said about MX

Motocross contains 3 element's

The quick decision making of formula one driver

The intimidation of a professional boxer

And the endurance a marathon runner

kkawboy14
3/23/2018 6:59am
To be a Pro at anything takes more than any of us can imagine. To be a top Pro? Forget about it, it’s over our heads
drt410
3/23/2018 7:19am
This is the only forum Ive ever seen where these click bait thread titles fly.... Tf is that.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
3/23/2018 7:34am
UpTiTe wrote:
Again, you're confusing endurance with actual athletic ability. Look mean nothing, I could put the most un athletic kid on a diet and weight regimen and...

NVA57 wrote:
You're doing the same. The comparison would be: Can 20% of 20-30 something Americans be as fast, coordinated and smooth on a motorcycle as most motocross...
You're doing the same.

The comparison would be: Can 20% of 20-30 something Americans be as fast, coordinated and smooth on a motorcycle as most motocross riders opposed to 20% that can jump as high or run as quick as a fat football player?
That's not the argument, the argument is are Motocross Riders as athletic as professional athletes, and the answer is no.

Of course people don't just jump on motorcycles and go fast, just like no motocrosser can throw a baseball a hundred miles an hour accurately. I think we've already established that, the question has bad about Athletics.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
3/23/2018 7:39am
KennyT wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
The point was Tomac will be closer to making a squad then Kevin Love (an nba all star) will be to making the night program after...
The point was Tomac will be closer to making a squad then Kevin Love (an nba all star) will be to making the night program after 9 months of intense training.

Do you guys even read and comprehend anything?

My post was not about Tomac making a squad. It was who would be closer to making a showing after 9 months of intense training.

But yeah. Dont read and comprehend anything but the first 7 words of a post and then make sure to react in a completely irrelevant manner.
Neither of them would be close. In this comparison it’s all about who could adapt to a new sport, you can train all you want but it won’t give you the skills to sink a three or clear a triple.

Tomac, Anderson, Reed, etc are great athletes. Name one from positions 20-80 in the night program that would be classified as a athlete, let alone a good one
mb
3/23/2018 7:45am
KennyT wrote:
Neither of them would be close. In this comparison it’s all about who could adapt to a new sport, you can train all you want but...
Neither of them would be close. In this comparison it’s all about who could adapt to a new sport, you can train all you want but it won’t give you the skills to sink a three or clear a triple.

Tomac, Anderson, Reed, etc are great athletes. Name one from positions 20-80 in the night program that would be classified as a athlete, let alone a good one
There isn't any money in Moto for those guys. If as many people could make agood living from MX as there are in other stick and ball sports the competition would be much greater in MX.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
3/23/2018 7:54am
KennyT wrote:
Neither of them would be close. In this comparison it’s all about who could adapt to a new sport, you can train all you want but...

mb wrote:
There isn't any money in Moto for those guys. If as many people could make agood living from MX as there are in other stick and...
There isn't any money in Moto for those guys. If as many people could make agood living from MX as there are in other stick and ball sports the competition would be much greater in MX.
I think it is relative to popularity. You will never get a huge participation in a sport that requires a $8000 bike and literally thousands to go race for a year. Therefore it will never grow beyond what it has always been and with no growth there will be no money. People cannot believe it when I tell them Tomac and other top guys make millions a year. They are shocked. Most people look at these guys as nothing more than rednecks on bikes. Sure Tomac and Dungey are great athletes, it’s a no brainer. I’m just saying it doesn’t take a great athlete to make the night program at a SX but you will not be on a NFL or NBA roster if you are not a great athlete
mxb2
3/23/2018 8:17am
Crush wrote:
^^^^^^ Think they're referring to skills and physical attributes TXDirt. Eli is maybe 5'10", white, and for what we know doesn't play ball at all. Sure...

What does being white have to do with anything,?

Post a reply to: What if Aldon.....

The Latest