What if Aldon.....

mxb2
3/22/2018 8:47am
billyp330 wrote:
To say top motocross racers are not great athletes is just idiotic. One thing I think misleads you is that you have actual stats of NBA...
To say top motocross racers are not great athletes is just idiotic. One thing I think misleads you is that you have actual stats of NBA and NFL players to go off of, but no one in moto shows those stats. Idk why, but I would guess that is because they don't train to achieve those stats in any way. So why would the put their numbers out for specific things they don't train for. After all, teams don't sign riders based on their sprint speed, or vertical.
UpTiTe wrote:
I will say it again, you are confusing athleticism with being in great shape, huge difference. I could train a completely unathletic fat kid to run...
I will say it again, you are confusing athleticism with being in great shape, huge difference. I could train a completely unathletic fat kid to run a marathon, but that fat kid will never run a 4-second 40 or have the vertical leap that a wide receiver does.

Yes motocrossers can run far and can ride a motorcycle fast, neither one of them are horribly athletic. Running far is something 90% of America can train themselves to do with the right discipline, riding a motorcycle fast is a talent, and while 99% of America can't do it, it is not their athleticism that gives them the ability to go fast on a motorcycle.

Running fast can only be achieved through genetics, jumping high can only be achieved through genetics, being able to lift huge weight naturally can only be achieved through genetics.

That's the difference between great athletes and average athletes, I really can't believe that most of you don't understand this. Go to a NFL Game and Watch a 240 pound linebacker run, and then tell me any motocrosser is as athletic as he is

As far as your first sentence goes " to say that motocrossers aren't athletes is idiotic", I never said that, I just said they're not great athletes.
X2
mx965
3/22/2018 8:51am Edited Date/Time 3/22/2018 8:52am
TL;DR to all the replies but I will say this.

I don't know what delusional world you live in, but you chose the absolute WORST example of a professional athlete to compare to mx/sx athletes. Lebron is without a doubt one of the most naturally talented/strongest/quickest/most agile athletes of ANY sport in history. This is not coming from me, this is coming from analysts who make a living watching sports. Do you know anything about sports in general? Lebron is 6 feet 8 inches tall, weighs 250+ pounds, and is still one of the fastest players in the NBA. He is built like an NFL wide receiver and can play any position in the NBA and be better at it than 99% the players who play that position. Comparing a 6'8'' 250LB freight train to moto riders who weigh 135 pounds is ridiculous. Lebron doesn't need to run a 10k??? His sport is mostly reliant on fast twitch muscles and strength.

Please, Delete your post. Even for vital, this is embarrassing.
iBobbyb
3/22/2018 9:02am
UpTiTe wrote:
I will say it again, you are confusing athleticism with being in great shape, huge difference. I could train a completely unathletic fat kid to run...
I will say it again, you are confusing athleticism with being in great shape, huge difference. I could train a completely unathletic fat kid to run a marathon, but that fat kid will never run a 4-second 40 or have the vertical leap that a wide receiver does.

Yes motocrossers can run far and can ride a motorcycle fast, neither one of them are horribly athletic. Running far is something 90% of America can train themselves to do with the right discipline, riding a motorcycle fast is a talent, and while 99% of America can't do it, it is not their athleticism that gives them the ability to go fast on a motorcycle.

Running fast can only be achieved through genetics, jumping high can only be achieved through genetics, being able to lift huge weight naturally can only be achieved through genetics.

That's the difference between great athletes and average athletes, I really can't believe that most of you don't understand this. Go to a NFL Game and Watch a 240 pound linebacker run, and then tell me any motocrosser is as athletic as he is

As far as your first sentence goes " to say that motocrossers aren't athletes is idiotic", I never said that, I just said they're not great athletes.
i agree that theres a difference between being athletic and in shape.. but you cant just say all of them are nonathletic. unless you grew up with them, you have no idea what all they might be or could be good at. RJ Hampsire for instance was being scouted as a pitcher.

and you can train athleticism too. a lot of it is genetics. but you can definitely train to get faster, quicker, better coordination, vertical, etc.

and with the dedication they put into racing, who knows how good and athletic they could have been if they grew up chasing a different sport.
LumpDog841
3/22/2018 9:05am
brimx153 wrote:
Aldon get s way way to much credit
TeamGreen wrote:
Count the championships and race wins and get back to us.
Racer111 wrote:
That’s easy to say when he takes on the RC’s, RV’s, RD’s, JS7, etc..... ALL these guys won Championships BEFORE they hired Aldon. If he’s THAT...
That’s easy to say when he takes on the RC’s, RV’s, RD’s, JS7, etc..... ALL these guys won Championships BEFORE they hired Aldon.

If he’s THAT good, let’s see him take a privateer that that runs 12-15th every weekend and hasn’t won a title yet. If this guy starts getting on the podium and winning, then I’ll give Aldon credit. Until then, he’s just a cherry picker. True Story!
Like Osborne? Is that good enough?

The Shop

billyp330
3/22/2018 9:05am
UpTiTe wrote:

I suggest you look up the definition of athletic. Also, reread my first sentence. Thanks for proving your an idiot. Just because someone cant jump as high or flat out sprint as fast, does NOT make that person less athletic then someone that can because athleticism is a culmination of speed, strength, endurance, reflex, hand eye coordination, etc, not just one specific trait. To add to that, again we don't actually know how the pro moto guys specific stats compare as no one advertises them due to those specific stats irrelevance to their chosen discipline.
Frodad78
3/22/2018 9:15am
mx965 wrote:
TL;DR to all the replies but I will say this. I don't know what delusional world you live in, but you chose the absolute WORST example...
TL;DR to all the replies but I will say this.

I don't know what delusional world you live in, but you chose the absolute WORST example of a professional athlete to compare to mx/sx athletes. Lebron is without a doubt one of the most naturally talented/strongest/quickest/most agile athletes of ANY sport in history. This is not coming from me, this is coming from analysts who make a living watching sports. Do you know anything about sports in general? Lebron is 6 feet 8 inches tall, weighs 250+ pounds, and is still one of the fastest players in the NBA. He is built like an NFL wide receiver and can play any position in the NBA and be better at it than 99% the players who play that position. Comparing a 6'8'' 250LB freight train to moto riders who weigh 135 pounds is ridiculous. Lebron doesn't need to run a 10k??? His sport is mostly reliant on fast twitch muscles and strength.

Please, Delete your post. Even for vital, this is embarrassing.
This^^^^
kb228
3/22/2018 9:15am
Simple test, go play a game of basketball at your local YMCA and then go race a dirtbike. Let me know when you realize moto requires more.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
3/22/2018 9:18am
iBobbyb wrote:
i agree that theres a difference between being athletic and in shape.. but you cant just say all of them are nonathletic. unless you grew up...
i agree that theres a difference between being athletic and in shape.. but you cant just say all of them are nonathletic. unless you grew up with them, you have no idea what all they might be or could be good at. RJ Hampsire for instance was being scouted as a pitcher.

and you can train athleticism too. a lot of it is genetics. but you can definitely train to get faster, quicker, better coordination, vertical, etc.

and with the dedication they put into racing, who knows how good and athletic they could have been if they grew up chasing a different sport.
This is exhausting, because it's obvious that the love of motocross is clouding everyone's judgment. Yes you can train somebody to run faster jump higher and be stronger, but there are limits how much further you can train them in doing so. If you can train everybody to jump high and run fast everybody would be able to do it, but they can't.

There is not a motocross racer in the world with all the training that wouldl break a 5-second 40, or have a 38 inch vertical which isn't all that high in the NFL.

UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
3/22/2018 9:19am
kb228 wrote:
Simple test, go play a game of basketball at your local YMCA and then go race a dirtbike. Let me know when you realize moto requires...
Simple test, go play a game of basketball at your local YMCA and then go race a dirtbike. Let me know when you realize moto requires more.
Well I can tell you this, at the YMC level I cannot hit a pitch, but I know thar at the local level I can beat most the guys in my class. So there you go.
3/22/2018 9:25am
brimx153 wrote:
Aldon get s way way to much credit
TeamGreen wrote:
Zero. Aldon has never won a race or championship. Doesn't even ride.
mxb2
3/22/2018 9:27am
kb228 wrote:
Simple test, go play a game of basketball at your local YMCA and then go race a dirtbike. Let me know when you realize moto requires...
UpTiTe wrote:
Well I can tell you this, at the YMC level I cannot hit a pitch, but I know thar at the local level I can beat...
Well I can tell you this, at the YMC level I cannot hit a pitch, but I know thar at the local level I can beat most the guys in my class. So there you go.
Comparing a local.ymca game to.mx. Lol. I love moto,. The comparison isnt possible. 2 different types of sports require different training. Lebron cdnt do what tomac does,. Tomac cdnt do what lebron does. Simple
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
3/22/2018 9:41am
kb228 wrote:
Depends how you play BB and ride. Basketball would whoop my ass when I wan in HS....sprinting up and down the full court was exhausting. I could hope on my bike and ride the MX track for hours

This is a no win discussion on a Moto board. One thing I will say and that is 100% of NBA players are incredible athletes. I can’t say the same thing about the top 80 in the SX night program. Halfway through the mains it is pretty embarrassing seeing the backmarkers floundering around the track counting the minutes down
BobPA
3/22/2018 9:53am
kb228 wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
Well I can tell you this, at the YMC level I cannot hit a pitch, but I know thar at the local level I can beat...
mxb2 wrote:
Comparing a local.ymca game to.mx. Lol. I love moto,. The comparison isnt possible. 2 different types of sports require different training. Lebron cdnt do what tomac...
Comparing a local.ymca game to.mx. Lol. I love moto,. The comparison isnt possible. 2 different types of sports require different training. Lebron cdnt do what tomac does,. Tomac cdnt do what lebron does. Simple
This right here.
greenmx5
3/22/2018 9:55am Edited Date/Time 3/22/2018 9:55am
It's hard to really say what sports moto guys would also be good at, what their 40 times are, what their vertical jump is, etc because it isn't publicized and they just don't do it. I'm not here to claim that dungey or Stewart are more athletic than lebron. We don't have any data to say what athletic ability moto guys have.

I can say though that I've wrestled in high school and have been to collegiate level (d1) practices and they're fucking brutal. I had never lost 5 pounds in such a short amount of time in my life. I would say that in my experience, wrestling was more physically demanding than racing moto. And I raced moto for 17 years.
TXDirt
3/22/2018 10:03am Edited Date/Time 3/22/2018 10:04am
UpTiTe wrote:
Motocross guys ride motorcycles fast, none could play a minute in any other sport on the collegiate level. LeBron probably could never go fast on a...
Motocross guys ride motorcycles fast, none could play a minute in any other sport on the collegiate level.

LeBron probably could never go fast on a motorcycle but he could play just about any sport at a collegiate level, thats called athleticism.

I think you are severely misinformed here, or are not looking at the big picture. You have a very narrow view on "sports" and are only focusing on sports that fit your view of "athleticism".

Swimming
Cross Country
Soccer
Lacrosse
Rowing
Tennis
Volleyball
Baseball
Basketball
Track and Field

These would all be collegiate level sports that racers would likely be able to do well in.

Tim Lincecum is 5'11" 170lbs. Hardly a model "athlete" by your measurements don't you think?

Trae Young from Oklahoma is 6"2" and 181 pounds. I would hardly consider that some kind of genetic specimen don't you agree?

Did you know in an NFL football game the actual playing time for when the ball is in play is a mere 11 minutes across a three hour game. No one considers Vince Willfork some kind of freakish athlete. He would be the first to tell you that!

Comparing anyone to Lebron or really anyone in the highest echelons of their given sport is disingenuous at best. Many great college basketball players will never make it to the NBA. Look at the average size and athleticism of some of those college players. You seriously don't think high-level motocross racers would never be able to attain to even the college level if they put their life into it? Well they decided to put their life into motocross. Just like the college basketball player put his life into basketball.
level
3/22/2018 10:03am
Our sport is so much about fitness. You can not ride consistent fast laps for that long without being extremely fit and your fitness tailored to motocross. Aldon does that. Osborne runs a max heart rate of 180 the whole time. Christian Craig runs 210. That’s a big difference and Craig probably can barely hang on or rides tight near the end because the body is giving out. We all know who have ridden motocross that after a few laps you have to pull off the track cause your body is shutting down and you can’t hang on anymore. All these guys have talent it comes down to fitness at this level.
iBobbyb
3/22/2018 10:06am
UpTiTe wrote:
This is exhausting, because it's obvious that the love of motocross is clouding everyone's judgment. Yes you can train somebody to run faster jump higher and...
This is exhausting, because it's obvious that the love of motocross is clouding everyone's judgment. Yes you can train somebody to run faster jump higher and be stronger, but there are limits how much further you can train them in doing so. If you can train everybody to jump high and run fast everybody would be able to do it, but they can't.

There is not a motocross racer in the world with all the training that wouldl break a 5-second 40, or have a 38 inch vertical which isn't all that high in the NFL.

like i said. its mostly genetics. but you can definitely improve.. and to flat out say none of these races are athletic is crazy. have you seen them do other things? how do you know RJ cant run a sub 5 sec 40? he was being scouted to be a pitcher, so clearly he played ball sports as a kid, and is probably pretty good at all of them. maybe not coligate level, but that doesnt make him nonathletic. i know plenty of kids that are athletic as fuck and still rip on a dirt bike.

im not saying that there all amazing athletes. but to say that non of them had the potential to be is crazy.
aharper33
3/22/2018 10:30am
I think some of you have missed the point too. Look at most professional motocross racers, how many of them have ever played another sport in there life? They might have played a sport here and there when they were young but you dont here many stories of them say playing sports in high school plus racing professionally. If they played basketball or what ever since they were 4 or 5 they would they be considered a better athlete than if they just raced motocross? Plus look at most motocross racers 5'9" 150lb average size, not exactly NFL material.

I think the Labron comparisons are a tad ridiculous because all though he is a good athlete I dont think he would be as good at other sports as others or he thinks he would be. Dont get me wrong he might be good at football but mainly because hes 6'8" and can run, and has good hand eye cordnation. These will make you good at most sports if you are half way athletic. Does anyone see him doing good at hockey, or tennis, olymipic style sports?
Frodad78
3/22/2018 10:41am
Damn imagine Lebrons net game in Tennis LOL...
Gus
3/22/2018 11:05am
As much as I like the guy, but I ll say this .... ever seen AC92 shoot hoops ? Doesn’t look like Lebron.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
3/22/2018 11:45am
UpTiTe wrote:
This is exhausting, because it's obvious that the love of motocross is clouding everyone's judgment. Yes you can train somebody to run faster jump higher and...

iBobbyb wrote:
like i said. its mostly genetics. but you can definitely improve.. and to flat out say none of these races are athletic is crazy. have you...
like i said. its mostly genetics. but you can definitely improve.. and to flat out say none of these races are athletic is crazy. have you seen them do other things? how do you know RJ cant run a sub 5 sec 40? he was being scouted to be a pitcher, so clearly he played ball sports as a kid, and is probably pretty good at all of them. maybe not coligate level, but that doesnt make him nonathletic. i know plenty of kids that are athletic as fuck and still rip on a dirt bike.

im not saying that there all amazing athletes. but to say that non of them had the potential to be is crazy.
I'll say it again, I did not say they weren't athletic, it takes a certain amount of athletic ability to work and motorcycle. I said none of them are great athletes, there is a huge difference between Fitness and athleticism.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
3/22/2018 11:52am
TeamGreen wrote:
Racer111 wrote:
That’s easy to say when he takes on the RC’s, RV’s, RD’s, JS7, etc..... ALL these guys won Championships BEFORE they hired Aldon. If he’s THAT...
That’s easy to say when he takes on the RC’s, RV’s, RD’s, JS7, etc..... ALL these guys won Championships BEFORE they hired Aldon.

If he’s THAT good, let’s see him take a privateer that that runs 12-15th every weekend and hasn’t won a title yet. If this guy starts getting on the podium and winning, then I’ll give Aldon credit. Until then, he’s just a cherry picker. True Story!
LumpDog841 wrote:
Like Osborne? Is that good enough?
Osborne has been good before. He had national and GP wins before. Hardly a 12-15th place privateer turned into a champ...
jeffro503
3/22/2018 12:16pm
iBobbyb wrote:
i agree that theres a difference between being athletic and in shape.. but you cant just say all of them are nonathletic. unless you grew up...

UpTiTe wrote:

I think you're way wrong on this. And having love for this sport doesn't have anything to do with it.
KHI Guy
3/22/2018 1:58pm
aharper33 wrote:
I think some of you have missed the point too. Look at most professional motocross racers, how many of them have ever played another sport in...
I think some of you have missed the point too. Look at most professional motocross racers, how many of them have ever played another sport in there life? They might have played a sport here and there when they were young but you dont here many stories of them say playing sports in high school plus racing professionally. If they played basketball or what ever since they were 4 or 5 they would they be considered a better athlete than if they just raced motocross? Plus look at most motocross racers 5'9" 150lb average size, not exactly NFL material.

I think the Labron comparisons are a tad ridiculous because all though he is a good athlete I dont think he would be as good at other sports as others or he thinks he would be. Dont get me wrong he might be good at football but mainly because hes 6'8" and can run, and has good hand eye cordnation. These will make you good at most sports if you are half way athletic. Does anyone see him doing good at hockey, or tennis, olymipic style sports?
Ummmm....LeBron would excel at any sport he played. Except for bowling, he sucks at bowling. I'm sure he would excel at that too if he really wanted to.
Asimo
3/22/2018 2:40pm
Racer111 wrote:

Are you high? Not every rider has it in them to be an elite, top of the sport champion. However, a select few do have that...
Are you high? Not every rider has it in them to be an elite, top of the sport champion. However, a select few do have that potential - that's where Aldon comes in, taking riders who have that potential, and unlocking it.

Zach Osborne overall SX/MX results:
2014 SX West - 8th
2014 MX - 22nd
2015 SX West - 3rd
2015 MX - 4th
2016 SX East - 4th
2016 MX - 7th

(starts with Aldon in late 2016)

2017 SX East - 1st
2017 MX - 1st
2018 SX West so far - 1st

TeamGreen wrote:
There it is.
Why are you discounting his British motocross championship and all his amateur titles?

Because those were before long prior.
BobPA
3/22/2018 3:00pm
Well we all know Aldon pissed in this guys cheerios at some point ^^^^
SwingHard
3/22/2018 3:03pm
Is there a point to this thread? Serious question. Not sure what the relevance is of this "one size fits all" conundrum you pose..
yz763 wrote:
There is. I was in a bar drinking a beer and LeBron was on the tube. I thought to myself...look at this cocky bastard. He thinks...
There is. I was in a bar drinking a beer and LeBron was on the tube. I thought to myself...look at this cocky bastard. He thinks he’s better than MJ by doing less. Then I thought about MX and SX and how those dudes are way better atheletes. Then I thought about the disparity in the paycheck and savings account between MX and SX stars vs. NBA All Stars that would be in full blown cardiac arrest if they had to ride a Pro National.
Then I wonder if there is an opportunity for Aldon to tell MX and SX, “fuck off....I’m going main stream”.
UpTiTe wrote:
You're a fool if you think any motocrosser is a better athlete than LeBron James. No motocrosser in history is even in the same realm of...
You're a fool if you think any motocrosser is a better athlete than LeBron James. No motocrosser in history is even in the same realm of athleticism of LeBron James.

They have strict testing in the NBA, so Aldons methods wouldn't work.
Couldn't agree more with UpTiTe. There is not a Motocrosser alive that has the pure athleticism of a LeBron James! And yes,LeBron could jump on a road bike and bust out a Century.
BobPA
3/22/2018 3:09pm
Are you high? Not every rider has it in them to be an elite, top of the sport champion. However, a select few do have that...
Are you high? Not every rider has it in them to be an elite, top of the sport champion. However, a select few do have that potential - that's where Aldon comes in, taking riders who have that potential, and unlocking it.

Zach Osborne overall SX/MX results:
2014 SX West - 8th
2014 MX - 22nd
2015 SX West - 3rd
2015 MX - 4th
2016 SX East - 4th
2016 MX - 7th

(starts with Aldon in late 2016)

2017 SX East - 1st
2017 MX - 1st
2018 SX West so far - 1st

TeamGreen wrote:
There it is.
Asimo wrote:
Why are you discounting his British motocross championship and all his amateur titles?

Because those were before long prior.
Alessi had a ton of Amateur titles, how the fuck does that matter? No out outside of your moms basement gives a shit about the British MX championships....
TXDirt
3/22/2018 3:09pm
yz763 wrote:
There is. I was in a bar drinking a beer and LeBron was on the tube. I thought to myself...look at this cocky bastard. He thinks...
There is. I was in a bar drinking a beer and LeBron was on the tube. I thought to myself...look at this cocky bastard. He thinks he’s better than MJ by doing less. Then I thought about MX and SX and how those dudes are way better atheletes. Then I thought about the disparity in the paycheck and savings account between MX and SX stars vs. NBA All Stars that would be in full blown cardiac arrest if they had to ride a Pro National.
Then I wonder if there is an opportunity for Aldon to tell MX and SX, “fuck off....I’m going main stream”.
UpTiTe wrote:
You're a fool if you think any motocrosser is a better athlete than LeBron James. No motocrosser in history is even in the same realm of...
You're a fool if you think any motocrosser is a better athlete than LeBron James. No motocrosser in history is even in the same realm of athleticism of LeBron James.

They have strict testing in the NBA, so Aldons methods wouldn't work.
SwingHard wrote:
Couldn't agree more with UpTiTe. There is not a Motocrosser alive that has the pure athleticism of a LeBron James! And yes,LeBron could jump on a...
Couldn't agree more with UpTiTe. There is not a Motocrosser alive that has the pure athleticism of a LeBron James! And yes,LeBron could jump on a road bike and bust out a Century.
Actually he said no top racer could compete at any sport on the collegiate level. Which he is flat wrong about. Go see my post on page 3.

No racer can be LeBron James. No basketball player can be Eli Tomac.

Post a reply to: What if Aldon.....

The Latest