What if Aldon.....

yz763
Edited Date/Time 3/24/2018 12:50pm
Trained other professional atheletes to be fit for their sport?
Imagine Aldon training Lebron or Andrew Luck in just strength and or conditioning and endurance?
Would they be better?
Would they elevate their game the way RC did?
Would Andrew Luck be able to work a no huddle offense more efficiently than Peyton did?
Would the Cavaliers be able to beat a team because their attack pace is unamtechable?
|
3/21/2018 6:47pm
Is there a point to this thread? Serious question. Not sure what the relevance is of this "one size fits all" conundrum you pose..
TeamGreen
3/21/2018 6:47pm
brimx153 wrote:
Aldon get s way way to much credit
Count the championships and race wins and get back to us.
Money
3/21/2018 6:50pm
Doesn’t Aldon train a few NASCAR drivers?

The Shop

Racer111
3/21/2018 6:55pm
brimx153 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
That’s easy to say when he takes on the RC’s, RV’s, RD’s, JS7, etc..... ALL these guys won Championships BEFORE they hired Aldon.

If he’s THAT good, let’s see him take a privateer that that runs 12-15th every weekend and hasn’t won a title yet. If this guy starts getting on the podium and winning, then I’ll give Aldon credit. Until then, he’s just a cherry picker. True Story!
yz763
3/21/2018 7:06pm
Is there a point to this thread? Serious question. Not sure what the relevance is of this "one size fits all" conundrum you pose..
There is. I was in a bar drinking a beer and LeBron was on the tube. I thought to myself...look at this cocky bastard. He thinks he’s better than MJ by doing less. Then I thought about MX and SX and how those dudes are way better atheletes. Then I thought about the disparity in the paycheck and savings account between MX and SX stars vs. NBA All Stars that would be in full blown cardiac arrest if they had to ride a Pro National.
Then I wonder if there is an opportunity for Aldon to tell MX and SX, “fuck off....I’m going main stream”.
9grains
3/21/2018 7:10pm
brimx153 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Racer111 wrote:
That’s easy to say when he takes on the RC’s, RV’s, RD’s, JS7, etc..... ALL these guys won Championships BEFORE they hired Aldon. If he’s THAT...
That’s easy to say when he takes on the RC’s, RV’s, RD’s, JS7, etc..... ALL these guys won Championships BEFORE they hired Aldon.

If he’s THAT good, let’s see him take a privateer that that runs 12-15th every weekend and hasn’t won a title yet. If this guy starts getting on the podium and winning, then I’ll give Aldon credit. Until then, he’s just a cherry picker. True Story!
Or is it that champions choose Aldon?
ML512
Fantasy
54th
3/21/2018 7:12pm
Aldon worked with Nicky Hayden for a few years.
brimx153
3/21/2018 7:15pm
brimx153 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Can I count all the rider s who had him did nt win too ??? . The guy is a great trainer who gets people really fit . But that's it !!!! .that is deff not a knock on the guy . It s a huge part of this sport ,That's why the riders pay for him . But some people act like he is GOD .
Ted722
3/21/2018 7:15pm
brimx153 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Racer111 wrote:
That’s easy to say when he takes on the RC’s, RV’s, RD’s, JS7, etc..... ALL these guys won Championships BEFORE they hired Aldon. If he’s THAT...

Sure, you named some greats of this sport. Yes they all won championships. Championship material (if you will) no doubt. But, to stay or continue to elevate their performances would have been much more challenging without a focused, regimented plan developed by Baker. The proof is there. He's not going to give you extra talent! Just maximize and sustain. It does seem like it has a bit of a short fuse, but I doubt the above riders are complaining too much about that.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
3/21/2018 7:17pm Edited Date/Time 3/21/2018 7:19pm
yz763 wrote:
There is. I was in a bar drinking a beer and LeBron was on the tube. I thought to myself...look at this cocky bastard. He thinks...
There is. I was in a bar drinking a beer and LeBron was on the tube. I thought to myself...look at this cocky bastard. He thinks he’s better than MJ by doing less. Then I thought about MX and SX and how those dudes are way better atheletes. Then I thought about the disparity in the paycheck and savings account between MX and SX stars vs. NBA All Stars that would be in full blown cardiac arrest if they had to ride a Pro National.
Then I wonder if there is an opportunity for Aldon to tell MX and SX, “fuck off....I’m going main stream”.
You're a fool if you think any motocrosser is a better athlete than LeBron James. No motocrosser in history is even in the same realm of athleticism of LeBron James.

They have strict testing in the NBA, so Aldons methods wouldn't work.
3/21/2018 7:20pm Edited Date/Time 3/21/2018 7:21pm
Racer111 wrote:

Are you high? Not every rider has it in them to be an elite, top of the sport champion. However, a select few do have that potential - that's where Aldon comes in, taking riders who have that potential, and unlocking it.

Zach Osborne overall SX/MX results:
2014 SX West - 8th
2014 MX - 22nd
2015 SX West - 3rd
2015 MX - 4th
2016 SX East - 4th
2016 MX - 7th

(starts with Aldon in late 2016)

2017 SX East - 1st
2017 MX - 1st
2018 SX West so far - 1st

3/21/2018 7:20pm Edited Date/Time 3/21/2018 7:21pm
yz763 wrote:
There is. I was in a bar drinking a beer and LeBron was on the tube. I thought to myself...look at this cocky bastard. He thinks...
UpTiTe wrote:
You're a fool if you think any motocrosser is a better athlete than LeBron James. No motocrosser in history is even in the same realm of...
You're a fool if you think any motocrosser is a better athlete than LeBron James. No motocrosser in history is even in the same realm of athleticism of LeBron James.

I don’t understand why basketball players wouldn’t train so they can go full press for 60 minutes and just annihilate their opponents by tiring them out.
9grains
3/21/2018 7:21pm
yz763 wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
You're a fool if you think any motocrosser is a better athlete than LeBron James. No motocrosser in history is even in the same realm of...

Without evidence your statement is a waste of everyone's time.
mx317
3/21/2018 7:22pm
UpTiTe wrote:

??
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
3/21/2018 7:26pm Edited Date/Time 3/21/2018 7:27pm
yz763 wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:

I don’t understand why basketball players wouldn’t train so they can go full press for 60 minutes and just annihilate their opponents by tiring them out.
Do you rrally think Aldon is a better trainer than who the teams hire?
mx317
3/21/2018 7:28pm
Some stinky bait cast here
3/21/2018 7:30pm
yz763 wrote:
Ok, I suppose I get your thinking.... especially since your explanation starts with "I was in a bar drinking beer.." Grinning

The fitness, training and coaching needs of motocross riders are not the same as stick and ball sports, etc. Plus, I don't think Aldon is selling himself short by any means. I'd imagine he's got a passion for this sport in general, not just training the athletes in it
greenmx5
3/21/2018 7:37pm
yz763 wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:

I usually agree with your posts, but to say definitely that nobody who has ever raced motocross is more of an athlete than LeBron is a stretch.

Are you saying that if LeBron was in training since he was young he could have succeeded at anything? Even motocross? Could LeBron do a century ride on a road bike like most top moto guys do? Sure LeBron is naturally gifted, and he's good at stuff moto guys could never do, but that goes both ways.
Firefly47
3/21/2018 7:37pm
brimx153 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
brimx153 wrote:
Can I count all the rider s who had him did nt win too ??? . The guy is a great trainer who gets people really...
Can I count all the rider s who had him did nt win too ??? . The guy is a great trainer who gets people really fit . But that's it !!!! .that is deff not a knock on the guy . It s a huge part of this sport ,That's why the riders pay for him . But some people act like he is GOD .
Doctors, pharmacists and chemists sometimes think they're god.
Maybe there's a correlation?
greenmx5
3/21/2018 7:39pm
Aldon takes great riders and makes their diet greater. Think about it. He's current training broc tickle. What has he done? Rv and rc both were chubby red heads and had potential. Then Aldon comes in and makes their diets good. You aren't gonna perform for shit if what you put into your body isn't right.
3/21/2018 7:42pm Edited Date/Time 3/21/2018 7:45pm
All the sports discussed in the OP already have high-credential, prestigious training staffs hired by the teams.

Aldon is more about bringing a little of that to MX. MX doesn't need to bring it to other big-dollar sports. They were there first.
brimx153
3/21/2018 7:57pm
I think people just mistake Aldon for a Coach way to much .And some how (even though he has never rode a motocross bike ) he will makes riders faster . he is a great trainer who is great at getting his top guys in shape and ready for each week end . But there is tons of coaches who can do what he does just as well . I don't even know why we( Motocross fans ) know who he is . Trainers are in every sport . But I could nt tell you one s name . If Aldon was a riding coach I d understand the prase he get s . But the fitness part of motocross is the easy part compared to the skill and talent of riding the bike
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
3/21/2018 8:02pm
greenmx5 wrote:
Aldon takes great riders and makes their diet greater. Think about it. He's current training broc tickle. What has he done? Rv and rc both were...
Aldon takes great riders and makes their diet greater. Think about it. He's current training broc tickle. What has he done? Rv and rc both were chubby red heads and had potential. Then Aldon comes in and makes their diets good. You aren't gonna perform for shit if what you put into your body isn't right.
Ryan and RC were a bit more than some chubby red heads with potential, they were both multi time champs before they met Aldon.

I dare you to find a "chubby" picture of RC or Ryan in their 125 days.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
3/21/2018 8:11pm
greenmx5 wrote:
I usually agree with your posts, but to say definitely that nobody who has ever raced motocross is more of an athlete than LeBron is a...
I usually agree with your posts, but to say definitely that nobody who has ever raced motocross is more of an athlete than LeBron is a stretch.

Are you saying that if LeBron was in training since he was young he could have succeeded at anything? Even motocross? Could LeBron do a century ride on a road bike like most top moto guys do? Sure LeBron is naturally gifted, and he's good at stuff moto guys could never do, but that goes both ways.
Motocross guys ride motorcycles fast, none could play a minute in any other sport on the collegiate level.

LeBron probably could never go fast on a motorcycle but he could play just about any sport at a collegiate level, thats called athleticism.

Sully
3/21/2018 8:19pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Do you rrally think Aldon is a better trainer than who the teams hire?
That's a false equivalency. Aldon doesn't train basketball players, and basketball trainers don't train motocrossers.

F150: Just an FYI on your Osborne post, he's 250 East this year, too.
yz763
3/21/2018 9:03pm
greenmx5 wrote:
I usually agree with your posts, but to say definitely that nobody who has ever raced motocross is more of an athlete than LeBron is a...

UpTiTe wrote:
Motocross guys ride motorcycles fast, none could play a minute in any other sport on the collegiate level. LeBron probably could never go fast on a...
Motocross guys ride motorcycles fast, none could play a minute in any other sport on the collegiate level.

LeBron probably could never go fast on a motorcycle but he could play just about any sport at a collegiate level, thats called athleticism.

This is what I was trying to uncover. I bet most motocross riders from the professional level would surprise most people in a 10- 15k. That being said..LeBron could probably benefit from running a few distance races. Would non-Moto professional atheletes benefit from a training regimen that most pro MX atheletes train with and be better at their skill? The flip side, if pros like RC, RV, RD and others trained like a basketball player.....would they be where they are now?
yz763
3/21/2018 9:05pm
Again..this thought started with a few Jai Alai’s so.....cheers!?!?
jnickell
Fantasy
1836th
3/21/2018 9:10pm
Aldon does the thinking for the rider's health plan. They just show up and ride. It's not "easy" like some of you mention. There are many variables that need to be considered and those variables probably differ per rider. Keep in mind, most of his riders speak highly of him.

Post a reply to: What if Aldon.....

The Latest