What have you broken?

MotoxTodd
Edited Date/Time 11/15/2014 11:00am
As I sit here recovering from a broken leg,I think of all injuries suffered in my 30 years of moto x racing and riding.The list is long.leg (3x)ankle(2x)arm,wrist,nose,sternum,fingers and toes.A family member asked if it was all worth it????? HELL YES IT IS !!!!!
Is it just me,do you fill the same way? lets hear your list of injuries.
|
MXtoXS
11/13/2014 11:38am Edited Date/Time 11/13/2014 2:40pm
Left radius, right ankle, left tibial plateau, right tib/fib/ankle, left wrist. I've got almost 30 screws and 2 plates jingling around in me...I've had as many concussions as an amature fighter...yes it was worth it all!

I forgot that way back I dislocated my right hip and broke my tail bone in seperate incidents. Bleh
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2421st
11/13/2014 11:38am
Sorry to hear about your injury man.

The list is way too long for me to write much less remember.Grinning

I haven't been very lucky, I'll put it that way.Laughing

PS
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
11/13/2014 11:39am
My left knee (ACL, MCL, meniscus) and a collarbone

The Shop

Idaho747
11/13/2014 11:40am
Wrist. Arm. Foot. 12 ribs total. Fingers. Toes. Nose. Dislocated shoulder countless times
shane509
11/13/2014 11:42am
first break collarbone, second breaks at the same time right femur (external fixture for 2 weeks then 16" ti rod for 15 months then taken out) and left radius (6 screws and a plate) then left ACL, then right tibia plateau (external fixture for 10 days, then 2 plates and 8 screws). the last one was by far the worst injury. All those span over 6 years, and I am 20 years old. Sure does suck being injured, but throwing a leg over the bike makes it worth it in the end.
dl117
Fantasy
2587th
11/13/2014 11:43am
wrists, nuvicular in right wrist, acl/mcl meniscus, humerous, ribs a few times, torn achilles tendion, multiple didlocations on my shoulders........and everyone was worth it.
moscrop940
11/13/2014 11:47am
Pre 2005 all I had broken in racing was my left hand, left shoulder, and my back.

Then in 2005 in one crash I broke both tib/fibs, both ankles, both feet, my right knee cap, ACL,MCL,PCL, and growth plate. My right tib fib went through my ankle, through the top of my foot, and ended up damn near through my heal. My left tib/fib compounded. That was a long 10 mile ride back to camp, especially when your buddies make you ride back when they don't think your hurt! Laughing
davistld01
11/13/2014 12:00pm Edited Date/Time 11/13/2014 12:03pm
Here's what I can remember...both ankles, both collarbones, right wrist (navicular), 5-6 fingers, femur, tib/fib, ACL, virtually all my ribs...some several times, left knee cap displaced, several concussions...and I'm pretty sure there's things going on with my back now at my 56-years that have a lot to do with falling down a lot on a dirt bike too. And, I'm sure I've forgotten a few. I consider myself blessed though that I've never had to have back surgery, have use of all my limbs, and can still ride...although at a much slower rate.

But...I've had a blast.
TommyZ
11/13/2014 12:18pm
Ribs 3 times, once with a punctured lung.
Dislocated shoulder.
Knee the size of a basketball.
Compression fracture of the spine, middle of my back*
And a good time was had by all.

* this one was interesting because the X-Ray was misread and I was told it was a bruise. So I raced that weekend. Then an X-Ray tech compared it to an old chest X-Ray they had on file and I was called back in and diagnosed with a broken back. So damn lucky that I survived the race and can still walk.
11/13/2014 12:35pm Edited Date/Time 11/13/2014 12:36pm
15 years of riding multiple times a week, worst injury was dislocated shoulder due to cross rut jumping a rutted tabletop and trying to hold onto the steer while rolling around crashing. Was maybye out for 3 weeks before i could start riding again that was the only time period in my racing carreer i had to sit out races. Another injury i recall is a bad start wreck where another guys bike was laying on top of me with the trotthle stuck in the sand, the backwheel was spinning wide open against the side of my back / ribs. Resulted in my jersey being ripped open and some skin damage but still managed to finish that moto :D
mayzo
11/13/2014 12:42pm
My bank account.
SF45
11/13/2014 12:47pm
This thread could go pages and pages. Left knee, Right femur, pelvis, few pipe burns.
jhansen510
Fantasy
3600th
11/13/2014 12:55pm Edited Date/Time 11/13/2014 1:00pm
Sounds like you need to get some better buddies! 2004 at Cooperland. I decided to see if I could win a game of chicken with a very large tractor that was pulling a disc. Track owner was grooming a section I was skipping every lap. Blew up my bike and went to get another one. Pissed off I hauled ass out onto the track with no sight lap. Track owner thought I was done riding and moved to a new section. He was coming up the landing of the camelback behind the start line (Marshall's Table is what we called it). Was a blind landing. Well I landed into the tractor between left front wheel and motor housing. Could of maybe bailed off and been ok but my bike would of hit the guy on tractor and it would of been him instead of me. Tried to pull to the right and miss him. Put my hand through the radiator (literally). Broke wrist into 75-100 pcs and it pushed up my arm about 6". Looked like I had a donut around my arm and it was 6" shorter than other arm. They wanted to fuse it but we fought that and 2 weeks later finally got a surgeon that would take a crack at it. Removed most of the shattered bones and 50 screws and 6 plates later she still somewhat works. Along with it I blew my right knee right out the back of my leg from hitting the axle. Shattered the knee cap as well as tore the ACL, mcl, pcl, miniscus. Also broke left knee cap and tore knee up but she stayed in the skin. Compounded left femur as well as right tib fib came out the front side below knee. Broke left radius and ulna and one of my ankles as well as some ribs, bruised organs, etc. One life flight and 2.5 months in the ICU I was on my way to recovery. 8 years later I finally started riding again. This does not include the 50 screws and 3 plates in my left elbow from my first bad mx injury. I love this sport but she has been a real bitch to me!

Forgot to add that when by the time he realized what had happened I was inches from being run over by back wheel of tractor and then disced into the lovely red soil! Had to roll the tractor backward to get me out from under it. I had tire marks on my body but it could of been so much worse. They had no brakes on tractor so someone had to drive the loader down and park it behind tractor to slowly back tractor off me. Also the only reason I lived was a random dr who realized my knee had a ruptured artery and he plugged it and calmly kept me calm as we waited on chopper which went to Ponca city first by accident. Within seconds of being in that chopper I was feeling no pain and wanting to enjoy the chopper ride and checkout the scenery! Sorry for such a long post!
slipdog
11/13/2014 1:00pm
Quick, somebody lock that MF'ing one upper Ridge out of this thread!
TommyLee93
11/13/2014 1:13pm Edited Date/Time 11/13/2014 1:24pm
Tib and Fib in both legs, three vertebrae. Mesquite AX
Right Femur. Lake Whitney
Right Radius. (twice) Turkey Trot, Shawnee, OK
Left Radius and Ulna. (twice) Las Vegas/Swan
Left Collarbone. Dowdy Ferry
Dislocated Left Hip. Dowdy Ferry
All Metacarpals in Left hand. Lake Whitney
Split my Pancreas in 1/2.

I think that is all...

11/13/2014 1:13pm
jhansen510 wrote:
Sounds like you need to get some better buddies! 2004 at Cooperland. I decided to see if I could win a game of chicken with a...
Sounds like you need to get some better buddies! 2004 at Cooperland. I decided to see if I could win a game of chicken with a very large tractor that was pulling a disc. Track owner was grooming a section I was skipping every lap. Blew up my bike and went to get another one. Pissed off I hauled ass out onto the track with no sight lap. Track owner thought I was done riding and moved to a new section. He was coming up the landing of the camelback behind the start line (Marshall's Table is what we called it). Was a blind landing. Well I landed into the tractor between left front wheel and motor housing. Could of maybe bailed off and been ok but my bike would of hit the guy on tractor and it would of been him instead of me. Tried to pull to the right and miss him. Put my hand through the radiator (literally). Broke wrist into 75-100 pcs and it pushed up my arm about 6". Looked like I had a donut around my arm and it was 6" shorter than other arm. They wanted to fuse it but we fought that and 2 weeks later finally got a surgeon that would take a crack at it. Removed most of the shattered bones and 50 screws and 6 plates later she still somewhat works. Along with it I blew my right knee right out the back of my leg from hitting the axle. Shattered the knee cap as well as tore the ACL, mcl, pcl, miniscus. Also broke left knee cap and tore knee up but she stayed in the skin. Compounded left femur as well as right tib fib came out the front side below knee. Broke left radius and ulna and one of my ankles as well as some ribs, bruised organs, etc. One life flight and 2.5 months in the ICU I was on my way to recovery. 8 years later I finally started riding again. This does not include the 50 screws and 3 plates in my left elbow from my first bad mx injury. I love this sport but she has been a real bitch to me!

Forgot to add that when by the time he realized what had happened I was inches from being run over by back wheel of tractor and then disced into the lovely red soil! Had to roll the tractor backward to get me out from under it. I had tire marks on my body but it could of been so much worse. They had no brakes on tractor so someone had to drive the loader down and park it behind tractor to slowly back tractor off me. Also the only reason I lived was a random dr who realized my knee had a ruptured artery and he plugged it and calmly kept me calm as we waited on chopper which went to Ponca city first by accident. Within seconds of being in that chopper I was feeling no pain and wanting to enjoy the chopper ride and checkout the scenery! Sorry for such a long post!
Oh shit!
Worst crash story I ever heard!
I hope you are doing ok today.
I have a bad back that makes me wake up 10 times every night, bad shoulders and knees but I will never complain again after reading your story
SF45
11/13/2014 1:19pm Edited Date/Time 11/13/2014 1:22pm
Oh yeah, I had a collapased lung that had a tube stuck in there to drain in. Then they took it out... then they came back and fished it back up in thar. Ouch.

Jhansen you win this thread. Gald you made it. Jesus
usp4u
11/13/2014 1:22pm
RT fib
RT tib
RT ankle
LT wrist
RT thumb
sternum
2 ribs on lt side
LT collarbone
2 concussion
lacerated liver
tailbone

not all at once, thank God.
Ted722
11/13/2014 1:25pm
AC Separation Grade 3, several mild concussions, and a serious one. 3rd gear on my 94, 98, and 01 Kawi KX250's. Smile
11/13/2014 1:28pm
Snapped my left elbow joint in half, when I got up my arm was swaying. It doesn't sound like a bad injury but apparently its one of the worst joints to break. 5 hour op to fix and the surgeon wasn't sure if I'd use my arm again. Not good news to hear when you're 18. Thankfully its ok now, I'm 37 and it aches quite a bit.
TommyZ
11/13/2014 1:29pm
TommyLee93 wrote:
Tib and Fib in both legs, three vertebrae. Mesquite AX Right Femur. Lake Whitney Right Radius. (twice) Turkey Trot, Shawnee, OK Left Radius and Ulna. (twice)...
Tib and Fib in both legs, three vertebrae. Mesquite AX
Right Femur. Lake Whitney
Right Radius. (twice) Turkey Trot, Shawnee, OK
Left Radius and Ulna. (twice) Las Vegas/Swan
Left Collarbone. Dowdy Ferry
Dislocated Left Hip. Dowdy Ferry
All Metacarpals in Left hand. Lake Whitney
Split my Pancreas in 1/2.

I think that is all...

Damn, and the winner is .......
bvm111
11/13/2014 1:46pm
right scaphoid/ navicular - like my idol Rick Johnson

Left Ulna head and pointy part of my elbow

and my ego everytime i ride these days!!!Tongue

Forty
11/13/2014 2:15pm
mayzo wrote:
My bank account.
Ha! Right on.
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
11/13/2014 2:28pm
I think some of you guys need to be drinking more milk...had a good friend who would break something every time he crashed- mister weak bones. Dude was fragile!

ML512
Fantasy
54th
11/13/2014 2:39pm Edited Date/Time 11/13/2014 2:40pm
Here's mine, starting with single injuries:

Right wrist
Both thumbs (down near the joint, weird one)
Right collarbone
3 or 4 ribs
8% compression fracture in one vertebrae
Dislocated right shoulder once.
Dislocated left shoulder twice.
Dislocated left knee... a few times.
Torn left MCL.

Two combos:
1. Broke all Metatarsus bones in my left foot (toe bones inside your foot) and broke my left heel. Didn't even crash on that one...

2. Shattered left ankle (10+ pieces), broken left tibia in multiple places, fractured left fibia, torn achilles. Broken left Humerus in two places (upper arm bone), broke the ball off the end of the bone, dislocated left shoulder, and did some damage to the joint. Add in some internal bleeding, 5 day stint in a hospital, and a few months in a wheelchair... ohh and the 10+ hours of surgery fixing my demolished foot. Laughing

Not sure on concussions... at least 4.
mx_563
11/13/2014 2:48pm
Cracked the very end of my collarbone back in 1996 and then 4 days ago a blew apart my big toe pretty bad.....bone came up through the skin under the toenail. It was ugly.

11/13/2014 2:56pm
This is kind of a badge of honor thing for us motocross racers, i can dig that..

L ankle, twice.
L leg fibula.
R arm.
R ribs, two.
R index finger.
Right hamstring, torn.
Lacerated chin.
Lacerated L leg
MX45
11/13/2014 3:02pm
Tib/Fib
Fib
Scapula
Hand x3
Thumb
Elbow
Ankle
A/C separation
Ribs
T4, T5(x2), T6
Katoomey
11/13/2014 3:06pm
wanglimp wrote:
I've only broken hearts.....
oh, we all wanna fell like we have that kind of impact on others, but I'm sure that platoon of soldiers is doing just fine without ya.

Post a reply to: What have you broken?

The Latest