What have we learned in the week since Red Bud?????

robkinuk
Edited Date/Time 10/16/2018 6:56am
The Ritchie family, Youthstream, MX Sports really know how to put on the biggest event of the season despite challenging conditions. Congratulations to everyone involved.

Motocross fans are the best in the world. They came from all corners of the world, dressed in their crazy outfits and had one hell of a party.

No one on Team USA had Tim Ritchie on speed dial and thought it might be a good idea to give Tim a quick call.
" Hey Tim, hope it''s all coming together. Are there any changes to track, soil prep etc.?"

Green is slippier than black! Apparently the green metal start grids are freshly painted for each event, whereas the black ones get rubbered in like a F1 track. Guess which one Tomac chose?

It's all Mike Goodwin's fault ! Mike may have been an egotist prick with his SX promotion but don't think you can lay Team USA underperforming on him.

Jeff Stanton's Team USA dinner for Road to Recovery was a big hit!

Team France had a lot more team spirit, as seen by Paulin immediately running over to point out lines to Feranddis after qualifying Moto. They pitted together and had more synergy.

Team Puerto Rico brought the fun factor back to racing. Bet Travis Pastrana's back flip on the sighting lap has been seen more times on social media than the race winners!!

The Dutch courage was strong at Red Bud, a podium with only 2 riders. Their fans are amongst the most patriotic and funny with chants like "Orange Bud" and US.....Who?

Car rental company's must have had field day with extra cleaning fee charges.

Every fuel stop and services on way back across Indiana Ohio turnpike looked like no man's land in Paschendale.

All those camping and VIP passes were worthless come Sunday night.

Someone at Team USA can make you a killer deal on a box van full of unused MXoN champions beer as long as you brown bag it, if drinking in public. If unsold, hope it's got a long "best before" date.

As Monster sponsor both MXoN and Monster cup, would it be more of an incentive for guys like Eli Tomac if they put up an extra $1000,000 incentive that if you are a member of the winning team, then win the Monster Cup the week after, you get another million?

Until we all meet again at Assen in 2019 thanks to everyone for their comments and bench racing!Smile

|
Dougy1
10/14/2018 3:08am
That herlings didn't win s million at Red bud haha

The Shop

Dougy1
10/14/2018 3:14am Edited Date/Time 10/14/2018 3:15am
10/14/2018 3:22am Edited Date/Time 10/14/2018 3:23am
Tomac don’t like it when people let people by unless it’s him and it’s for 1,000,000?
tcallahan707
10/14/2018 3:34am
Humans are irrational beings with very limited emotional intelligence.
robkinuk
10/14/2018 4:47am
Almost forgot, one Vitard thought it was disrespectful to the president when he heard that Canadian families teach their children to call farts "trump's"!!ShockedSickTongueLaughingLaughingLaughing
RG1
10/14/2018 4:59am
robkinuk wrote:
Almost forgot, one Vitard thought it was disrespectful to the president when he heard that Canadian families teach their children to call farts "trump's"!!:ohmy: :sick: :P...
Almost forgot, one Vitard thought it was disrespectful to the president when he heard that Canadian families teach their children to call farts "trump's"!!ShockedSickTongueLaughingLaughingLaughing
That was brilliant Grinning
Silas444
10/14/2018 5:04am
That it's almost impossible for me to become bored or apathetic watching europeans ride outdoor motocross, but it's almost impossible for me NOT to become bored and apathetic watching Supercross. Youthstream - sign me up.
10/14/2018 7:32am
2019 Kawi just won a million but it was a POS last week...
Exactly. People all bent out of shape last week but tomac has his faith in it a week later when a million is on the line.
lumpy790
10/14/2018 11:58am
Direct South West flight from Chicago to Las Vegas on Monday. Expo Set up on Tuesday. 4 days of trade show then Tear down is in 5 hours with display back in a suitcase.

TeamFlannel
10/14/2018 6:25pm
I learned my fellow Americans like to bitch about used porta johns at an event with 80,000 people. I learned alot of my fellow Americans are sore losers, and will grasp for any explanation regarding why they were robbed of winning-Damn the obvious. I learned there are ALOT of people with big, tall, badass looking, four wheel drive trucks, that have absolutely no fucking idea how to drive them offroad in the mud (really? just give her the keys skippy, you deserve the minivan). I learned partying like a rockstar for 5 days with old Moto friends and Euro's does wonders for my general outlook and sense of humor?
10/14/2018 6:36pm
robkinuk wrote:
Almost forgot, one Vitard thought it was disrespectful to the president when he heard that Canadian families teach their children to call farts "trump's"!!:ohmy: :sick: :P...
As a Canadian I have to say I have never heard that of that.
clem
10/14/2018 6:43pm
This week I've learned that mxgp doesn't have it's own forum.
bvm111
10/14/2018 6:46pm
lumpy790 wrote:
Direct South West flight from Chicago to Las Vegas on Monday. Expo Set up on Tuesday. 4 days of trade show then Tear down is in...
Direct South West flight from Chicago to Las Vegas on Monday. Expo Set up on Tuesday. 4 days of trade show then Tear down is in 5 hours with display back in a suitcase.

We were going to stop by today lumpy but you were so busy every time we came by we didn’t have a chance!
Crossup
10/14/2018 7:38pm
I learned my fellow Americans like to bitch about used porta johns at an event with 80,000 people. I learned alot of my fellow Americans are...
I learned my fellow Americans like to bitch about used porta johns at an event with 80,000 people. I learned alot of my fellow Americans are sore losers, and will grasp for any explanation regarding why they were robbed of winning-Damn the obvious. I learned there are ALOT of people with big, tall, badass looking, four wheel drive trucks, that have absolutely no fucking idea how to drive them offroad in the mud (really? just give her the keys skippy, you deserve the minivan). I learned partying like a rockstar for 5 days with old Moto friends and Euro's does wonders for my general outlook and sense of humor?
Haha... your 4 wheel drive truck comment is so true. So many losers stuck in the mud in big expensive trucks... lol
dkg
10/14/2018 9:20pm
I learned:

1. The MxSports and Youthstream agreement results in fantastic events. Great job by the promoters and Ritchie group.
2. The Euro fans are a great group. (I hope we behave as well when traveling to their events.)
3. MX fans are the best fans in the world.
4. The GP riders flat out fly.
5. I think Tomac (and the rest of our guys) were more focused on SX prep than MX. I could be wrong but their setups looked much better at MEC.
6. Pit bike MXoN needs to be a regular Saturday event.
7. I need to attend a Euro MXoN.
10/14/2018 11:28pm
I learned my fellow Americans like to bitch about used porta johns at an event with 80,000 people. I learned alot of my fellow Americans are...
Being able to look past your Trump chest pin and embracing some foreign culture would do a lot for many over there. Reflection and enlightenment comes in many ways. Glad you get it.
robkinuk
10/15/2018 3:18am
robkinuk wrote:
As a Canadian I have to say I have never heard that of that.
Must be "fake news" then? Or no longer pc to call a fart a Trump?.....trouser trump?...... a bottom burp?
"Land of the freeeeeeeee!, home of the oppressed?"
Gandorlf
10/15/2018 4:02am
I learned that there's a new type of vitard or "breed" if you will that just sits at their computer all day downvoting every post they come across...
lukemoto
10/15/2018 4:28am
I learned to appreciate a good mud raceSmile the best riders in the world (euro, Canadian, redhead with freckles and whoever) must be practitioners of all track conditions! Just a side note: watching RC at Millville lap everyone was by far the most entertaining race of my life! He was able to adapt to all outdoor riding conditions and never had any excuses. That's kinda how I see herlings just a well rounded fast as f rider without all the excuses like track prep conditions etc...
robkinuk
10/15/2018 10:21am
EZZA 95B wrote:
SFA?!
Acronym Definition
SFA Sweet Fanny Adams
SFA Slime Forest Adventure computer game)
SFA Sweet Freak All (polite form)
SFA Street Fighter Alpha (game)
SFA Stands for Anything (band)
SFA Senior Field Agent
SFA Star Fox Assault (Gamecube game)
SFA Starved for Attention
SFA Science Fiction Association (various organizations)
SFA Superior First Aid (Anarchy Online gaming)
SFA Star Fox Adventures (video game)
Copyright 1988-2018 AcronymFinder.com, All right
????????
TeamFlannel
10/15/2018 6:01pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
SFA?!
robkinuk wrote:
Acronym Definition SFA Sweet Fanny Adams SFA Slime Forest Adventure computer game) SFA Sweet Freak All (polite form) SFA Street Fighter Alpha (game) SFA Stands for...
Acronym Definition
SFA Sweet Fanny Adams
SFA Senior Field Agent
????????
Inquisitive minds want to know-just what that acronym represents
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
10/15/2018 6:11pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
SFA?!
robkinuk wrote:
Acronym Definition SFA Sweet Fanny Adams SFA Slime Forest Adventure computer game) SFA Sweet Freak All (polite form) SFA Street Fighter Alpha (game) SFA Stands for...
Acronym Definition
SFA Sweet Fanny Adams
SFA Senior Field Agent
????????
Sweet Fuck All.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
10/15/2018 6:19pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
SFA?!
robkinuk wrote:
Acronym Definition
SFA Sweet Fanny Adams
SFA Senior Field Agent
????????
The third one of course, the first one cracked me up though.Laughing
I had Street Fighter Alpha BINTD too.Tongue

Post a reply to: What have we learned in the week since Red Bud?????

The Latest