What have we learned in the week since Red Bud?????

Related:
Create New Tag

10/14/2018 2:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/15/2018 3:25 AM

The Ritchie family, Youthstream, MX Sports really know how to put on the biggest event of the season despite challenging conditions. Congratulations to everyone involved.

Motocross fans are the best in the world. They came from all corners of the world, dressed in their crazy outfits and had one hell of a party.

No one on Team USA had Tim Ritchie on speed dial and thought it might be a good idea to give Tim a quick call.
" Hey Tim, hope it''s all coming together. Are there any changes to track, soil prep etc.?"

Green is slippier than black! Apparently the green metal start grids are freshly painted for each event, whereas the black ones get rubbered in like a F1 track. Guess which one Tomac chose?

It's all Mike Goodwin's fault ! Mike may have been an egotist prick with his SX promotion but don't think you can lay Team USA underperforming on him.

Jeff Stanton's Team USA dinner for Road to Recovery was a big hit!

Team France had a lot more team spirit, as seen by Paulin immediately running over to point out lines to Feranddis after qualifying Moto. They pitted together and had more synergy.

Team Puerto Rico brought the fun factor back to racing. Bet Travis Pastrana's back flip on the sighting lap has been seen more times on social media than the race winners!!

The Dutch courage was strong at Red Bud, a podium with only 2 riders. Their fans are amongst the most patriotic and funny with chants like "Orange Bud" and US.....Who?

Car rental company's must have had field day with extra cleaning fee charges.

Every fuel stop and services on way back across Indiana Ohio turnpike looked like no man's land in Paschendale.

All those camping and VIP passes were worthless come Sunday night.

Someone at Team USA can make you a killer deal on a box van full of unused MXoN champions beer as long as you brown bag it, if drinking in public. If unsold, hope it's got a long "best before" date.

As Monster sponsor both MXoN and Monster cup, would it be more of an incentive for guys like Eli Tomac if they put up an extra $1000,000 incentive that if you are a member of the winning team, then win the Monster Cup the week after, you get another million?

Until we all meet again at Assen in 2019 thanks to everyone for their comments and bench racing!smile

|

www.robkinsey.com
http://robkinseyart.wordpress.com
Accountant's only look at the bottom line, whereas an Artist see's it all!

10/14/2018 2:28 AM

Herlings can't ride SX?

|

10/14/2018 2:58 AM

2019 Kawi just won a million but it was a POS last week...

|

10/14/2018 2:59 AM

Tomac can beat AMA competition no problem...

|

10/14/2018 3:08 AM

That herlings didn't win s million at Red bud haha

|

10/14/2018 3:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/14/2018 3:15 AM

|

10/14/2018 3:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/14/2018 3:23 AM

Tomac don’t like it when people let people by unless it’s him and it’s for 1,000,000?

|

GP740
Since 1987

10/14/2018 3:34 AM

Humans are irrational beings with very limited emotional intelligence.

|

10/14/2018 3:44 AM

|

10/14/2018 3:53 AM

...that focusing on SX instead of MX is a good business decision.

|

10/14/2018 4:47 AM

Almost forgot, one Vitard thought it was disrespectful to the president when he heard that Canadian families teach their children to call farts "trump's"!!shocked sick tongue laughing laughing laughing

|

www.robkinsey.com

10/14/2018 4:59 AM

robkinuk wrote:

Almost forgot, one Vitard thought it was disrespectful to the president when he heard that Canadian families teach their ...more

That was brilliant grin

|

10/14/2018 5:04 AM

That it's almost impossible for me to become bored or apathetic watching europeans ride outdoor motocross, but it's almost impossible for me NOT to become bored and apathetic watching Supercross. Youthstream - sign me up.

|

10/14/2018 7:32 AM

St Ann More wrote:

2019 Kawi just won a million but it was a POS last week...

Exactly. People all bent out of shape last week but tomac has his faith in it a week later when a million is on the line.

|

10/14/2018 11:58 AM

Direct South West flight from Chicago to Las Vegas on Monday. Expo Set up on Tuesday. 4 days of trade show then Tear down is in 5 hours with display back in a suitcase.

Photo

Photo

|

10/14/2018 6:25 PM

I learned my fellow Americans like to bitch about used porta johns at an event with 80,000 people. I learned alot of my fellow Americans are sore losers, and will grasp for any explanation regarding why they were robbed of winning-Damn the obvious. I learned there are ALOT of people with big, tall, badass looking, four wheel drive trucks, that have absolutely no fucking idea how to drive them offroad in the mud (really? just give her the keys skippy, you deserve the minivan). I learned partying like a rockstar for 5 days with old Moto friends and Euro's does wonders for my general outlook and sense of humor?

|

@ Teamflanneloutdoors
Instagram
Youtube

10/14/2018 6:36 PM

robkinuk wrote:

Almost forgot, one Vitard thought it was disrespectful to the president when he heard that Canadian families teach their ...more

As a Canadian I have to say I have never heard that of that.

|

10/14/2018 6:43 PM

This week I've learned that mxgp doesn't have it's own forum.

|

10/14/2018 6:46 PM

lumpy790 wrote:

Direct South West flight from Chicago to Las Vegas on Monday. Expo Set up on Tuesday. 4 days of trade show then Tear down is ...more

We were going to stop by today lumpy but you were so busy every time we came by we didn’t have a chance!

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

10/14/2018 7:38 PM

TeamFlannel wrote:

I learned my fellow Americans like to bitch about used porta johns at an event with 80,000 people. I learned alot of my fellow ...more

Haha... your 4 wheel drive truck comment is so true. So many losers stuck in the mud in big expensive trucks... lol

|

10/14/2018 9:20 PM

I learned:

1. The MxSports and Youthstream agreement results in fantastic events. Great job by the promoters and Ritchie group.
2. The Euro fans are a great group. (I hope we behave as well when traveling to their events.)
3. MX fans are the best fans in the world.
4. The GP riders flat out fly.
5. I think Tomac (and the rest of our guys) were more focused on SX prep than MX. I could be wrong but their setups looked much better at MEC.
6. Pit bike MXoN needs to be a regular Saturday event.
7. I need to attend a Euro MXoN.

|

I'm goin' off the rails on a crazy train

10/14/2018 11:28 PM

TeamFlannel wrote:

I learned my fellow Americans like to bitch about used porta johns at an event with 80,000 people. I learned alot of my fellow ...more

Being able to look past your Trump chest pin and embracing some foreign culture would do a lot for many over there. Reflection and enlightenment comes in many ways. Glad you get it.

|

10/15/2018 3:18 AM

robkinuk wrote:

jorgechavez wrote:

As a Canadian I have to say I have never heard that of that.

Must be "fake news" then? Or no longer pc to call a fart a Trump?.....trouser trump?...... a bottom burp?
"Land of the freeeeeeeee!, home of the oppressed?"

|

www.robkinsey.com

10/15/2018 3:36 AM

SFA?!

|

10/15/2018 4:02 AM

I learned that there's a new type of vitard or "breed" if you will that just sits at their computer all day downvoting every post they come across...

|

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

10/15/2018 4:28 AM

I learned to appreciate a good mud racesmile the best riders in the world (euro, Canadian, redhead with freckles and whoever) must be practitioners of all track conditions! Just a side note: watching RC at Millville lap everyone was by far the most entertaining race of my life! He was able to adapt to all outdoor riding conditions and never had any excuses. That's kinda how I see herlings just a well rounded fast as f rider without all the excuses like track prep conditions etc...

|

10/15/2018 10:21 AM

EZZA 95B wrote:

SFA?!

Acronym Definition
SFA Sweet Fanny Adams
SFA Slime Forest Adventure computer game)
SFA Sweet Freak All (polite form)
SFA Street Fighter Alpha (game)
SFA Stands for Anything (band)
SFA Senior Field Agent
SFA Star Fox Assault (Gamecube game)
SFA Starved for Attention
SFA Science Fiction Association (various organizations)
SFA Superior First Aid (Anarchy Online gaming)
SFA Star Fox Adventures (video game)
Copyright 1988-2018 AcronymFinder.com, All right
????????

|

www.robkinsey.com

10/15/2018 10:26 AM

clem wrote:

This week I've learned that mxgp doesn't have it's own forum.

laughing laughing laughing
|

10/15/2018 6:01 PM

EZZA 95B wrote:

SFA?!

robkinuk wrote:

Acronym Definition
SFA Sweet Fanny Adams
SFA ...more

Inquisitive minds want to know-just what that acronym represents

|

@ Teamflanneloutdoors
Instagram
Youtube

10/15/2018 6:11 PM

EZZA 95B wrote:

SFA?!

robkinuk wrote:

Acronym Definition
SFA Sweet Fanny Adams
SFA ...more

TeamFlannel wrote:

Inquisitive minds want to know-just what that acronym represents

Sweet Fuck All.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."