What happened to barcia?

2/11/2018 3:16pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2018 3:17pm
How many of you know it alls have ever commentated? I used to do it and in the moment it's very different.

Emig makes some silly calls sometimes but that's understandable and he is mostly on the money, shut your jibber jabber

Pity for Barcia bike but it's a long season, anything can happen as was proved this weekend.
bball35
2/11/2018 3:39pm
It’s about time to take Emig out of the booth and put in some fresh blood. I mean can Fox not have someone in the mechanics area finding out this kind of info during the race.
Brent
2/11/2018 3:49pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2018 3:50pm
BobbyM wrote:
I've given emig the benefit of the doubt for years. But he sucks bad at announcing, hesitation, bumbling about who fucking knows what. He sucks at...
I've given emig the benefit of the doubt for years. But he sucks bad at announcing, hesitation, bumbling about who fucking knows what. He sucks at his job sorry to say. David Bailey is soo fu king much better than him.
Edibles kicked in just before broadcast time apparently...
JHForman
2/11/2018 4:30pm
Lmao at people saying it’s cause he signed a contract!! He’s riding incredible this year, he has a ton of heart and wants to win. Dude wanted to race so bad this year that he was going to do it on his own. You could see the frustration when he was doing bad, Yamaha gave him a chance and he’s showing what a happy/healthy bam bam can do!! I’ve always been a fan of his, enjoyed his interviews, like watching him when he was doing good, love watching him do good this year!! Everyone wrote him off, he himself said he could retire but he’s not ready to do so! Go bam bam keep it up!! At least when you have a mechanical you keep racing!! Can’t say that for some of the higher paid names in SX

The Shop

davistld01
2/11/2018 5:27pm
This.
Every time he signs a contract he goes into retirement mode. That deal he had the past few weeks was the best thing that's ever happened...
Every time he signs a contract he goes into retirement mode.

That deal he had the past few weeks was the best thing that's ever happened to him.
TbonesPop wrote:
So next weekend when he has a working rear brake on the bike and then goes on to finish on the podium, what's your excuse going...
So next weekend when he has a working rear brake on the bike and then goes on to finish on the podium, what's your excuse going to be?

It wasn't the "deal" that was the best thing for him. It's the combination of multiple things. 1) He went on the record that he spent some time away from MX/SX with his fiance' last year and came to the realization that he already had enough money to retire on and live a pretty good life (granted he was one of the highest paid MX'ers for several years). That's a very good realization. Imagine if some of the NFL and NBA players could come to that realization and lived a little smarter... 2) He's 100% healthy now 3) He has a bike he likes and a good team behind him.

So he's not "under pressure" to win and he's doing it for the love of the sport again, he has a bike he likes, and he's healthy. Combine that with riding "like an adult", and it's amazing what he's capable of accomplishing.
Wait! This can’t be Vital...that makes way too much sense.
hamncheeze
2/11/2018 5:48pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2018 5:49pm
Things I've learned on Vital in past 24 hours:

Tomac is a quitter.

Barcia won't race hard once he has a big contract.

Roczen is an emotionally charged hot-head making bad decisions.

Webb is a lower tier rider.

Reed is fat and should retire.

Man, I feel so much better for having acquired all of this excellent knowledge.
datkin128
2/11/2018 5:56pm
hamncheeze wrote:
Things I've learned on Vital in past 24 hours: Tomac is a quitter. Barcia won't race hard once he has a big contract. Roczen is an...

Tomac is a quitter.

Hahaha
dkg
2/11/2018 6:31pm
hamncheeze wrote:
Things I've learned on Vital in past 24 hours: Tomac is a quitter. Barcia won't race hard once he has a big contract. Roczen is an...

Tomac is a quitter.

Give it 48 hours;

You’ll learn the real scoop on JS7

How to diagnose and treat injuries from the comfort of your living room

And all Titles that require an “*”

You will then be on the path to true enlightenment.

Post a reply to: What happened to barcia?

The Latest