What happens if Malcolm puts in good results?

bents
Fantasy
909th
1/12/2018 8:04am
In short, I'm with Jeffro on this one. He hasn't been mean spirited in his assessment of where Malcom is right now, just realistic. When we think of Deano and what he did to get back to factory support from the sprinter van privateer that he was, we universally applauded his tenacity to go out and earn back what he once had. Now look where he is. Malcolm, luckily, didn't have to go this route to get an amazing opportunity. All up to him now. But if he was betting on something like this, he should be ready to throw down, no? He has everything he needs to do so, unlike Wilson who had to load up and ride at tracks like any other ham and egger to get ready to go.

Its great to have another talented rider in the field.
jeffro503
1/12/2018 8:36am
bents wrote:
In short, I'm with Jeffro on this one. He hasn't been mean spirited in his assessment of where Malcom is right now, just realistic. When we...
In short, I'm with Jeffro on this one. He hasn't been mean spirited in his assessment of where Malcom is right now, just realistic. When we think of Deano and what he did to get back to factory support from the sprinter van privateer that he was, we universally applauded his tenacity to go out and earn back what he once had. Now look where he is. Malcolm, luckily, didn't have to go this route to get an amazing opportunity. All up to him now. But if he was betting on something like this, he should be ready to throw down, no? He has everything he needs to do so, unlike Wilson who had to load up and ride at tracks like any other ham and egger to get ready to go.

Its great to have another talented rider in the field.
Finally someone understands what I've been trying to say! Thanks Bents!

I never said I didn't dig Malcolm , in fact just the opposite. I want to see him do good , but take it serious with the training aspect of it all. Last year , race after race we all saw him fade , in multiple rounds. If he's been training his ass off for the past 6 months , then we most likely won't see that...right? I don't want to see him fade , I want him to be able to fight till the last lap.
mauidex
1/12/2018 8:40am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2018 8:40am
sadly many many on here have a very difficult time dealing with REALITY and opinions different from their own........just another dose coming tomorrow nightUnsureUnsureWhistlingWhistling
mx617
1/12/2018 9:34am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2018 9:34am
Mr. Knobby wrote:
I have an idea: How about everyone waits to watch the race and see what happens instead of saying things like: "I see him as..." "He's...
I have an idea:

How about everyone waits to watch the race and see what happens instead of saying things like:
"I see him as..."
"He's an X-place finisher"
"so and so will finish ahead of him..."
"His fitness is ...such and such.."

Oh right, this is Vital Forums. Sorry I forgot.

They should implement a system where every time you make a wrong prediction you get locked out of the forums for x number of days.... then maybe some of these boneheaded speculations and predictions would go away.
Um because the entire point of a forum is to bench race. If not that, what would you have us discuss?

The Shop

1/12/2018 9:40am
You don't have to be a genius to know that Malcolm won't be in top notch shape. Of course, his fans are hoping for the best. Can't we just enjoy seeing how he does?! If you think he will suck and he does, I hope you feel warm snd fuzzy inside. And let's not have ten threads about how much he faded next week.
JustMX
1/12/2018 9:46am
Perhaps the world has tilted enough that mookie was selected by the marketing department at jgr.

They know the exposure that the announcement would get in facebook/instagram/snapchat etc., and can show those numbers through whatever tracking is used for the various social medias for marketing purposes.

Perhaps mookie was selected because of all that, and if he actually gets decent results it is the whip cream on the pie.

If not there will still be all kinds of discussion about jgr/autotrader/suzuki.

That is my question, posed on page 4 of a discussion about a rider who has a best 450 sx finish of 9nth, and hasn't raced in almost a year.

bents
Fantasy
909th
1/12/2018 10:02am
JustMX wrote:
Perhaps the world has tilted enough that mookie was selected by the marketing department at jgr. They know the exposure that the announcement would get in...
Perhaps the world has tilted enough that mookie was selected by the marketing department at jgr.

They know the exposure that the announcement would get in facebook/instagram/snapchat etc., and can show those numbers through whatever tracking is used for the various social medias for marketing purposes.

Perhaps mookie was selected because of all that, and if he actually gets decent results it is the whip cream on the pie.

That is my question, posed on page 4 of a discussion about a rider who has a best 450 sx finish of 9nth, and hasn't raced in almost a year.

Huh. This angle NEVER crossed my mind, but very valid point. Maybe that is because I am a soon to be 55 year old that started racing on a Suzuki TM 100 in 1975. And I don't give a shit or put any real stock in any form of social media, and that makes me a dinosaur.
1/12/2018 10:12am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2018 10:13am
JustMX wrote:
Perhaps the world has tilted enough that mookie was selected by the marketing department at jgr. They know the exposure that the announcement would get in...

Best 450 sx finish of ninth is REALLY GOOD. Especially for a guy with only one season under his belt.

The only guy who has a better finish on his resume and no ride is Reed.

Post a reply to: What happens if Malcolm puts in good results?

The Latest