What happened to the Hondas ?

Two different issues and bad luck or similar issues?
|
neysbo
6/16/2018 1:38pm
I know they are running a new motor package from what they had at Colorado. Not looking good.

The Shop

mx 219
Fantasy
974th
6/16/2018 2:17pm
Yeah mcadooo was a wheel issue. Mechanic went past me to replace the wheel at the bottom of Bradshaw blvd
Thirteen-II
6/16/2018 5:25pm
mx 219 wrote:
Yeah mcadooo was a wheel issue. Mechanic went past me to replace the wheel at the bottom of Bradshaw blvd
Ahh, okay. Thanks for the clarification guys. Smile Still, kind of reminds me of PC at Glen Helen '17; bikes were dropping like flies that day.
MotoX85
6/17/2018 4:51am
mx 219 wrote:
Bradshaw Blvd? Man he really went a long way to replace that wheel.
Honda88L
6/17/2018 8:21am
mx 219 wrote:
I was actually right there when it happened. He went down right before the lip half way down and the bike shot to the left and went for a a good 30 feet or so into a bit of a ditch. You seem him run down to get it and just shake his head. It looked like the wheel was a bit of an L shape to the side. The mechanic comes running down on the right with the wheel but he had to cross the track to get to the bike - took him forever to get across because of the constant flow of bikes coming.
cable
6/17/2018 2:34pm
who's the engine builder? Looked like martin was getting pulled on most straightaways.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
6/17/2018 2:41pm
cable wrote:
who's the engine builder? Looked like martin was getting pulled on most straightaways.
Engine builder? GEICO Honda.
make1go
6/17/2018 4:06pm
seems they are searching for power and having issues getting it...
they were saying in the tests the mtr wasnt great..
kiwifan
6/17/2018 4:53pm
make1go wrote:
Seems? so you dont really know ? those comments were from tests when the first got the bike, a long time ago...might pay to post more recent and factual comments
milliebays
6/17/2018 6:04pm
make1go wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
Seems? so you dont really know ? those comments were from tests when the first got the bike, a long time ago...might pay to post more...
Seems? so you dont really know ? those comments were from tests when the first got the bike, a long time ago...might pay to post more recent and factual comments

recent and factual: they had two significant motor problems in teh same race subsequent to some apparently challenging test sessions.
kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
6/17/2018 6:08pm
Dylan Wright lost an engine in his CRF250R this weekend in the Canadian nationals, and that's not the first one for him, either. I recall at least one CRF250R going up in smoke in the Australian series this year as well. First year bugs, perhaps?
kiwifan
6/17/2018 7:26pm
make1go wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
Seems? so you dont really know ? those comments were from tests when the first got the bike, a long time ago...might pay to post more...
milliebays wrote:

recent and factual: they had two significant motor problems in teh same race subsequent to some apparently challenging test sessions.
please post evidence of the 'apparent challenging test sessions'
milliebays
6/17/2018 7:32pm
kiwifan wrote:
milliebays wrote:

kiwifan wrote:
the pulp show discussed this a couple weeks back. I believe there was an actual quote from JMart or one of the other riders.

really no intention of besmirching your favorite brand. this is the consensus of the state of things.
kiwifan
6/17/2018 9:30pm
milliebays wrote:

kiwifan wrote:
milliebays wrote:
the pulp show discussed this a couple weeks back. I believe there was an actual quote from JMart or one of the other riders. really no...
the pulp show discussed this a couple weeks back. I believe there was an actual quote from JMart or one of the other riders.

really no intention of besmirching your favorite brand. this is the consensus of the state of things.
ok, all I am saying is that its easy for verbal statements to be either misconstrued or misinterpreted, clearly all manufacturers have had issues with their 250F's, they are a bit of a timebomb when pushing the performance envelope to the extreme, we have seen the Pro circuit ones have more issues than any other brand.

It would be nice if all teams said exactly what went wrong so Joe Public could avoid the same issues if they wanted a pro motor.
tcallahan707
6/17/2018 11:09pm
It’s entirely plausible that a bad batch of parts or an electrical issue occurred. Doesn’t necessarily have to be a failure due to pushing the limits in the name of performance. I’d assume they’d be relatively conservative considering they had the points lead and the biggest competition is now out.
6/18/2018 7:20am
kevin204 wrote:
Dylan Wright lost an engine in his CRF250R this weekend in the Canadian nationals, and that's not the first one for him, either. I recall at...
Dylan Wright lost an engine in his CRF250R this weekend in the Canadian nationals, and that's not the first one for him, either. I recall at least one CRF250R going up in smoke in the Australian series this year as well. First year bugs, perhaps?
Just locked up a cam bearing on my bike for the second time. Honda is covering it because apparently it is a problem so now they are going to send me ANOTHER new head, cams and cylinder. The head on my bike is getting no oil at all its obvious, the cam got so hot this time it turned blue and welded itself to the head. Not to mention locking on a jump and almost sending me off in an ambulance.
jarvinator
6/18/2018 7:37am
As Burnt Toast said, my friend just had this happen last week and Honda is helping him with replacement parts...

What to do now? Total bummer!
make1go
6/18/2018 8:01am
kiwifan wrote:
not motors i've had anything to do with, so how the can i know 100% without firsthand experience.

see im a mocy mech and racer for along time now and know shit tons more than you.
(notice on that, i didnt say: "seems like i know shit tons more than you"?)
jsmi33966
6/18/2018 8:54am
Not enough exhaust pipes! Hondas are a joke that is what happened.
milliebays
6/18/2018 9:01am
kevin204 wrote:
Dylan Wright lost an engine in his CRF250R this weekend in the Canadian nationals, and that's not the first one for him, either. I recall at...
Just locked up a cam bearing on my bike for the second time. Honda is covering it because apparently it is a problem so now they...
Just locked up a cam bearing on my bike for the second time. Honda is covering it because apparently it is a problem so now they are going to send me ANOTHER new head, cams and cylinder. The head on my bike is getting no oil at all its obvious, the cam got so hot this time it turned blue and welded itself to the head. Not to mention locking on a jump and almost sending me off in an ambulance.
in before "it happens to all of them, this is nothing out of the ordinary. are you an engineer? No? then you don' know the cam turned blue."
HenryA
6/18/2018 10:28am
kevin204 wrote:
Just locked up a cam bearing on my bike for the second time. Honda is covering it because apparently it is a problem so now they...
Wow what a shitty deal Is your engine stock or tuned?
6/18/2018 10:38am
kevin204 wrote:
HenryA wrote:
Wow what a shitty deal Is your engine stock or tuned?
Its stock just a set of yoshis' on it. Ive been waiting to put a piston and Ecu on it and im glad as hell i did now. Not sure if honda would still have the same attitude if the bike wasnt stock.
IWreckALot
6/18/2018 10:43am
Its stock just a set of yoshis' on it. Ive been waiting to put a piston and Ecu on it and im glad as hell i...
Its stock just a set of yoshis' on it. Ive been waiting to put a piston and Ecu on it and im glad as hell i did now. Not sure if honda would still have the same attitude if the bike wasnt stock.
Is there an improved part they are sending you or are they sending you the same parts to fail again?
usafwx
6/18/2018 11:01am
Yep. Heard this was a first year issue, oil starvation up top along with weak clutch baskets and some overheating issues. Even the infailable YZs had issues first year, cranks, water impellers and shift stopper bearings.

Post a reply to: What happened to the Hondas ?

The Latest