What happened to savatgy?

Dust601
1/15/2019 11:27pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2019 11:30pm
This was on Kawi’s Instagram today.

That’s a really fast turnaround for a concussion.
crc245
1/15/2019 11:31pm
mwilcox349 wrote:
I thought they took a "test". Before the start of the season I know they had to take a concussion test on the computer. Then after...
I thought they took a "test". Before the start of the season I know they had to take a concussion test on the computer. Then after they have a concussion, they have to take the test again to make sure they are up to some level to prove their fit to ride.
Baseline test before season and after incidents is exactly how it's supposed to work. Unfortunately, riders can "dummy down" their results and are all but incentivized to do so. Wouldn't have ever thought about concussion protocols in such a way, until it was described to me by a main event regular; he said with race count obligations and a livelihood on the line, it was better to set the bar low than high Sad

Here's hoping JS17 takes the necessary time to heal up proper and be 100% next time he lines up!
Motofinne
1/15/2019 11:44pm
mwilcox349 wrote:
I thought they took a "test". Before the start of the season I know they had to take a concussion test on the computer. Then after...
I thought they took a "test". Before the start of the season I know they had to take a concussion test on the computer. Then after they have a concussion, they have to take the test again to make sure they are up to some level to prove their fit to ride.
crc245 wrote:
Baseline test before season and after incidents is exactly how it's supposed to work. Unfortunately, riders can "dummy down" their results and are all but incentivized...
Baseline test before season and after incidents is exactly how it's supposed to work. Unfortunately, riders can "dummy down" their results and are all but incentivized to do so. Wouldn't have ever thought about concussion protocols in such a way, until it was described to me by a main event regular; he said with race count obligations and a livelihood on the line, it was better to set the bar low than high Sad

Here's hoping JS17 takes the necessary time to heal up proper and be 100% next time he lines up!
Yeah i know that JT talked about that a few years ago in one of the Racer X/Pulp MX podcasts.

The Shop

Sir
1/16/2019 12:07am
Savatgy is nursing his soul after life/karma took a dump on him for what he did at Monster Energy Cup. That might very well end up being the only time Savatgy had a real chance of beating the worlds best supercross riders in a "main" event and he just gave it away.

Yes he was being a team player, helped someone win a million blah blah blah. I wonder if he'll still feel good about that in years to come should he have zero against his main event wins statistics.
aees
1/16/2019 1:20am
Sir wrote:
Savatgy is nursing his soul after life/karma took a dump on him for what he did at Monster Energy Cup. That might very well end up...
Savatgy is nursing his soul after life/karma took a dump on him for what he did at Monster Energy Cup. That might very well end up being the only time Savatgy had a real chance of beating the worlds best supercross riders in a "main" event and he just gave it away.

Yes he was being a team player, helped someone win a million blah blah blah. I wonder if he'll still feel good about that in years to come should he have zero against his main event wins statistics.
Does not matter, no one remember who has won a single main at monster cup when a few years has passed. Can you mentioned every rider that has won a sx main and monster main even the last 10 years? Nope.

And what difference would it makes right now or next 2 years if he would have kept on for 30sec more to the lead? None, absolutely no difference.
KDXGarage
1/16/2019 4:39am
Sir wrote:
Savatgy is nursing his soul after life/karma took a dump on him for what he did at Monster Energy Cup. That might very well end up...

"nursing his soul"? Is there no way it could be that a young man just had a wreck on a dirt bike?
VRR7
1/16/2019 5:05am
Boomslang wrote:
If he does have a concussion I cant see him back next week. Who decides on how long he sits out for?
Concussion is mandatory 2 weeks - Same for Boxers
ktmdan
1/16/2019 5:19am
Kind of off topic... but I just came from the Stew/Chad rivalry thread.
I was watching bar to bar '09 during Christmas break. Remember when Stew hits a false neutral or whatever and he and chad collide into the whoops and JS is clearly knocked out? Then he comes back the next weekend and ends up winning the championship.
tingo
1/16/2019 5:50am
Sir wrote:

Are we now counting the Monster Cup exhibition races (you know, the ones with the joker lane) as "main event" wins?
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
1/16/2019 6:06am
Sir wrote:

Sometimes I really wonder what goes on in some people's brains
1/16/2019 6:09am
Sir wrote:

tingo wrote:
Are we now counting the Monster Cup exhibition races (you know, the ones with the joker lane) as "main event" wins?
I think we all know who the joker is here.
Looby321
1/16/2019 6:40am
Sir wrote:

Woof, step away from the keyboard.
Wandell
1/16/2019 7:07am
Sir wrote:

Jeez! I feel dumber for having read this. SMH
1/16/2019 7:15am
Boomslang wrote:
If he does have a concussion I cant see him back next week. Who decides on how long he sits out for?
And next question is, how long until a new replacement thread pops up?

Post a reply to: What happened to savatgy?

The Latest