What happened to Tomac?

gerg
2/11/2018 2:15pm
So if his bike was jacked how come he was able to "ride it down the tunnel"....just sayin Wink
2/11/2018 2:27pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2018 2:27pm
gerg wrote:
So if his bike was jacked how come he was able to "ride it down the tunnel"....just sayin Wink
How come Musquin was able to finish half a lap at Southwick last year after his crash only to pull off and say the bike was too messed up for him to continue? Don't remember too much talk of him not having any heart or being a quitter... just sayin'.
gerg
2/11/2018 2:43pm
gerg wrote:
How come Musquin was able to finish half a lap at Southwick last year after his crash only to pull off and say the bike was...
How come Musquin was able to finish half a lap at Southwick last year after his crash only to pull off and say the bike was too messed up for him to continue? Don't remember too much talk of him not having any heart or being a quitter... just sayin'.
Key difference is it's every week with Tomac. Smile
Fresh
Fantasy
3304th
2/11/2018 2:44pm
#76 wrote:
Does anyone know exactly why he pulled out please?, update from Kawi like Honda did for Ken?.....

The Shop

KB221
2/11/2018 2:55pm
Untwist the bike throw on a new grip or use whats left and Get back to work!
BobbyM
2/11/2018 2:59pm
John tomac is pissed for sure.
downard254
2/11/2018 3:02pm
Didn’t Mark Barnett back in the early ‘80’s decimate most of the field with a handlebar bent almost straight down, or something to that effect?
2/11/2018 3:19pm
gerg wrote:
How come Musquin was able to finish half a lap at Southwick last year after his crash only to pull off and say the bike was...
gerg wrote:
Yeah he made up a 25 point deficit on Dungey and won an outdoor title because he pulled off every week, I forgot. Smile
yak651
Fantasy
214th
2/11/2018 3:25pm
gerg wrote:
Yeah he made up a 25 point deficit on Dungey and won an outdoor title because he pulled off every week, I forgot. Smile
Yep and he could've maybe won the SX championship if he would've hurried up in NJ instead of taking his time to get going. Oh also was lucky MM25 and Bagget hurt themselves or he probably would've folded outdoors also... Smile
Sully
2/11/2018 3:34pm
gerg wrote:
I didn't know they had rhythm sections, whoops and triples in the tunnel...just sayin...
bball35
2/11/2018 3:36pm
Once you quit one time it gets easier and easier to quit again. Asked Stewart about that.
2/11/2018 3:38pm
gerg wrote:
yak651 wrote:
Yep and he could've maybe won the SX championship if he would've hurried up in NJ instead of taking his time to get going. Oh also...
Yep and he could've maybe won the SX championship if he would've hurried up in NJ instead of taking his time to get going. Oh also was lucky MM25 and Bagget hurt themselves or he probably would've folded outdoors also... Smile
No doubt about your first point, but that's hardly pulling off. Just so I have this clear, when Musquin and Baggett make mistakes and injure themselves it is just known as bad luck but when Tomac makes a mistake it's him folding? Interesting how that works. Smile
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
2/11/2018 3:52pm
bball35 wrote:
Once you quit one time it gets easier and easier to quit again. Asked Stewart about that.
As my mom said "if you quit that team you'll always be a quitter"
Gandorlf
2/11/2018 3:54pm
Wells423 wrote:
Yeah the reason is he quit.
Once again I ask when has any rider just quit when the bike and himself were 100% capable of finishing the race?
Claerhout wrote:
How many riders get back up and get back out there after a crash, when bike and himself are less than 100%? Tomac doesn't seem to...
How many riders get back up and get back out there after a crash, when bike and himself are less than 100%? Tomac doesn't seem to do that... seems like he realizes he won't win, has an excuse and pulls the plug.
Remember when he finshed and entire SX race with no front brake? Or when they cut his brake line at Glen Helen and he went back out and finished the Moto? Wait didn't he go on to win the 2017 championship that year? Memory like a goldfish mate
plowboy
2/11/2018 4:03pm
I've never raced an SX but from what I've seen its pretty exacting. If your bike is tweaked you are a hazard to yourself and others. Maybe that's the difference between a professional SX racer and a keyboard racer?
Asimo
2/11/2018 4:30pm
No shit. Dungey would be 75 points ahead with all the top guys shitting the bed.

This would have been the easiest season ever for him.
Sully
2/11/2018 4:36pm
Gandorlf wrote:
Remember when he finshed and entire SX race with no front brake? Or when they cut his brake line at Glen Helen and he went back...
Remember when he finshed and entire SX race with no front brake? Or when they cut his brake line at Glen Helen and he went back out and finished the Moto? Wait didn't he go on to win the 2017 championship that year? Memory like a goldfish mate
I also seem to remember him getting dogpiled for not pulling off in Dallas last year, because it was too dangerous to race without a front brake. I'm too lazy to look, but I'd bet that some of the same people are in this thread bitching about him pulling off last night.
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
2/11/2018 5:02pm
Asimo wrote:
No shit. Dungey would be 75 points ahead with all the top guys shitting the bed.

This would have been the easiest season ever for him.
What's andersons worst finish this year?
RacerX8
2/11/2018 5:05pm
BobbyM wrote:
John tomac is pissed for sure.
I was going to mention JT, I don't think ET would have the balls to face his old man if something legit wasn't up. John wouldn't let it slide or tolerate it. I'm not willing to pile onto ET with the masses yet, he puts way too much into his program to just opt out IMO.
hamncheeze
2/11/2018 5:37pm
Every guy on this thread saying he's a quitter should go to Glen Helen, have his front brake line cut, and then ride hard down the hills for 30 min. If you survive and feel like posting that he's a quitter, fine. Otherwise, STFU.
stewie94
2/11/2018 6:13pm
jeffrey herlings said it best when hes on it , eli is 1 of the fastest in the world , when hes not on it he looks mediocre
mxjon454
2/11/2018 6:23pm
Wells423 wrote:
Yeah the reason is he quit.
My thoughts exactly. It’s not like this is an isolated incident. It’s always something with the bike, it’s never him. I don’t remember RV having this...
My thoughts exactly. It’s not like this is an isolated incident. It’s always something with the bike, it’s never him. I don’t remember RV having this many fluke issues w/ his bike throughout his entire career at Kawasaki. I was a super fan, but I’m loosing a lot of respect for the guy.
Im sure hes loosing a lot of sleep over your lost respect to him. As hes counting his wins, millions, and championships lol
mxjon454
2/11/2018 6:27pm
gerg wrote:
yak651 wrote:
Yep and he could've maybe won the SX championship if he would've hurried up in NJ instead of taking his time to get going. Oh also...
And he still has more wins and titles then both of those guys.
Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1588th
2/11/2018 6:31pm
I get most points, and is difficult to understand him at times. But my only comment is, did Anyone saw on the replay with the spider cam or whatever they call it after the pile up how he just stood still and walked like at 1 mph no rush whatsoever, I’m sure at that time he didn’t know his bike what’s no good, that’s for me what is frustrating
Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1588th
2/11/2018 6:48pm
So those other guys are already picking their bikes up and he is just like whatever, I know he should be frustrated but I dunno it doesn’t seem right his lack of trying sometimes

jlchapman117
2/11/2018 7:04pm
Pakoyz250f wrote:
So those other guys are already picking their bikes up and he is just like whatever, I know he should be frustrated but I dunno it...
So those other guys are already picking their bikes up and he is just like whatever, I know he should be frustrated but I dunno it doesn’t seem right his lack of trying sometimes

Go watch the video again, Tomacs bike was drug down the track after it fell over on grants bike. Tomacs bike just stopped moving at this point.
I agree that he does not have a high sense of urgency, but this is not a great example.
cali11
2/11/2018 7:06pm
Fucking ridiculous. It's like he is another JS7 with all these crashes, but atleast Stew would get back on the bike & race. Had ET crashed like Stew did at Daytona a few years back, dude would not even consider getting back on the bike. Fucking sucks as a fan! ET if your reading this, get your shit together! You can't ride a bike with no fucking grip? Kawasaki must be paying you way to much.
cali11
2/11/2018 7:11pm
Pakoyz250f wrote:
I get most points, and is difficult to understand him at times. But my only comment is, did Anyone saw on the replay with the spider...
I get most points, and is difficult to understand him at times. But my only comment is, did Anyone saw on the replay with the spider cam or whatever they call it after the pile up how he just stood still and walked like at 1 mph no rush whatsoever, I’m sure at that time he didn’t know his bike what’s no good, that’s for me what is frustrating
Hey I bet his bike was in better shape, than 90% of the people's bikes who ride & race on this form. It's so ridiculous. I'm a fan of his but it's getting hard to support him!
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2033rd
2/11/2018 7:21pm
Pakoyz250f wrote:
So those other guys are already picking their bikes up and he is just like whatever, I know he should be frustrated but I dunno it...

Go watch the video again, Tomacs bike was drug down the track after it fell over on grants bike. Tomacs bike just stopped moving at this...
Go watch the video again, Tomacs bike was drug down the track after it fell over on grants bike. Tomacs bike just stopped moving at this point.
I agree that he does not have a high sense of urgency, but this is not a great example.
Exactly, nobody else left their bike they just fell over
hamncheeze
2/11/2018 7:31pm
cali11 wrote:
Fucking ridiculous. It's like he is another JS7 with all these crashes, but atleast Stew would get back on the bike & race. Had ET crashed...
Fucking ridiculous. It's like he is another JS7 with all these crashes, but atleast Stew would get back on the bike & race. Had ET crashed like Stew did at Daytona a few years back, dude would not even consider getting back on the bike. Fucking sucks as a fan! ET if your reading this, get your shit together! You can't ride a bike with no fucking grip? Kawasaki must be paying you way to much.
You don't think having almost no throttle grip would be dangerous on a SX track? Hitting the whoops last night with your hand potentially slipping on the throttle? Come on man....you guys are just being ridiculous.

Post a reply to: What happened to Tomac?

The Latest