What happened to "The Gear Industry is over-saturated"?

soggy
Fantasy
3846th
9/2/2021 11:34am
nrosso391 wrote:
Remember One Industries, Alias MX, & No Fear,. They had to fold because of "too many gear companies". Well here we are again a few years...
Remember One Industries, Alias MX, & No Fear,. They had to fold because of "too many gear companies". Well here we are again a few years and Leatt adds itself to the list now? I'm pretty sure the industry has added over 6 companies in the last 10 years. Is history going to repeat itself and multiple companies crumble soon? I think more than the main 5 companies was too much extra bs out there.

The only companies people currently remember:
Fox, Thor, Troy Lee Designs, Alpinestars, Seven MX

The rest are junk.
You are a moran
jmurphy243
Fantasy
2073rd
9/2/2021 11:49am
Leatt’s stock price has gone from $7.40 to $25 per share this year. I assume this means they have plenty of money to sustain. It seems to be more of a management issue than an over saturated market to me.
9/2/2021 1:54pm
Owen H wrote:
Thor gear has sucked for like 4 years. Fox too. TLD is played out, its always the same beach bum designs for california 30 year old...
Thor gear has sucked for like 4 years. Fox too. TLD is played out, its always the same beach bum designs for california 30 year old boomers who just wanna talk about the past.

AStars is really producing nice stuff, Seven seems to be slowing down but still nice. Although the price is getting pretty high for some of their stuff. Innovation is nice but it always passes the premium on to us.
The Fox flexair stuff is fantastic. Not sure how a 30 year old is considered a boomer... Keep stirring the pot bud...
TeamGreen
9/2/2021 2:17pm
Owen H wrote:
Thor gear has sucked for like 4 years. Fox too. TLD is played out, its always the same beach bum designs for california 30 year old...
Thor gear has sucked for like 4 years. Fox too. TLD is played out, its always the same beach bum designs for california 30 year old boomers who just wanna talk about the past.

AStars is really producing nice stuff, Seven seems to be slowing down but still nice. Although the price is getting pretty high for some of their stuff. Innovation is nice but it always passes the premium on to us.
Hey, Paducah? In what universe is a Gen Y also a "Boomer"? Furthermore...

Bro! Do you even ride?

The Shop

Rupert X
9/2/2021 4:35pm
I’m digging a lot of this new shtuff….
MotofactioN
9/2/2021 4:43pm
30 year olds are boomers? Fuck I’m 25 guess I’m gonna be a boomer real fast. Woohoo
SPYGUY
Fantasy
725th
9/2/2021 5:40pm
jmurphy243 wrote:
Leatt’s stock price has gone from $7.40 to $25 per share this year. I assume this means they have plenty of money to sustain. It seems...
Leatt’s stock price has gone from $7.40 to $25 per share this year. I assume this means they have plenty of money to sustain. It seems to be more of a management issue than an over saturated market to me.
Publicly traded companies don't directly benefit financially when their stock price goes up.

The company gets their influx of cash up front when they first go public, and then the stock trades on the secondary market thereafter. To be clear, the key people in the business are most likely shareholders, so the stock appreciation benefits them personally, it just doesn't have much actual affect on the company itself.
Ryan625
9/2/2021 9:46pm
There is still room...my buddy owns his own gear company and has been doing a lot with the privateers. Its awesome to see and is the only gear I run now.

https://aektivco.com
SilverSpurs
9/3/2021 2:25am
sandman768 wrote:
While we are on the subject of gear… how about somebody make a pair of gloves that last a couple motos….not sure if my hands have...
While we are on the subject of gear… how about somebody make a pair of gloves that last a couple motos….not sure if my hands have grown to giant size but every glove I try on is tight, I have to order XX large just to get them on …
LungButter wrote:
Just buy some Mechanix Wear gloves. Half the price, 5x the durability. You're welcome. *This advice does not apply if you need to be trendy and...
Just buy some Mechanix Wear gloves. Half the price, 5x the durability.

You're welcome.

*This advice does not apply if you need to be trendy and have every piece of gear perfectly match*
Good advice right there. Also better protection and feel in many cases.
SilverSpurs
9/3/2021 2:27am
ns503 wrote:
Fox Thor Troy Lee Designs Alpinestars Seven MX Renen Oneal Leatt Fly Shift Answer FXR CanvasMX Fast House SHOT Kenny UFO Acerbis Yoko Callus Moto -Check...
Fox
Thor
Troy Lee Designs
Alpinestars
Seven MX
Renen
Oneal
Leatt
Fly
Shift
Answer
FXR
CanvasMX
Fast House

SHOT
Kenny
UFO
Acerbis
Yoko

Callus Moto -Check it out. Seriously.
Also Reign for vintage retro.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
9/3/2021 3:56am
I'm offering a solution that might save/grow the sport. Since there is a lot of fluff which gear brand is shit and which not i suggest to start nakedcross.

Just a 22 guys indoors (40 outdoors) ripping on bikes naked only with boots and helmets. I am sure it will have spike in popularity among the fair sex and they will be keen to watch races regularly. Tongue
sandman768
9/3/2021 4:36am
Ryan625 wrote:
There is still room...my buddy owns his own gear company and has been doing a lot with the privateers. Its awesome to see and is the...
There is still room...my buddy owns his own gear company and has been doing a lot with the privateers. Its awesome to see and is the only gear I run now.

This gear looks good, solid colors, simple designs….made in USA….. how does it hold up?
Ryan625
9/3/2021 4:20pm
Ryan625 wrote:
There is still room...my buddy owns his own gear company and has been doing a lot with the privateers. Its awesome to see and is the...

sandman768 wrote:
This gear looks good, solid colors, simple designs….made in USA….. how does it hold up?
So far as well as any other brand I have owned. I just got a couple sets from the latest drop and he reconfigured the knee area a bit for improved durability too
dbaker521
9/3/2021 6:27pm
I just want SMP and LBZ to make a come back. Is that too much to ask?

Post a reply to: What happened to "The Gear Industry is over-saturated"?

The Latest