What happened to Roczen last night?

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/18/2019 3:31pm
tek14 wrote:
Epstein-Barr possibly??
Usually how things seem to go before it gets announced that a rider has it. Even his wording is spot on with most of the previous riders that have had it. Either Epstein-Barr or Lyme Disease like Jimmy D, but I think that's quite a bit different. I hope neither is the case though. Never want to see any of these guys sick or physically hurt.
kiwifan
3/18/2019 4:32pm
tek14 wrote:
Epstein-Barr possibly??
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Usually how things seem to go before it gets announced that a rider has it. Even his wording is spot on with most of the previous...
Usually how things seem to go before it gets announced that a rider has it. Even his wording is spot on with most of the previous riders that have had it. Either Epstein-Barr or Lyme Disease like Jimmy D, but I think that's quite a bit different. I hope neither is the case though. Never want to see any of these guys sick or physically hurt.
the guy was fine prior to the previous 2 rounds so I doubt EP/LD has suddenly manifested itself....he had the flu before the previous round so perhaps his body is struggling to shake it off, sometimes the flu can hang around for a few weeks...
Ranman68
3/18/2019 5:04pm
The top 5 are so good this year and so close in speed. The 6-10 guys are only a cunt hair off the pace of the top 5. Tracks are ridiculous in how hard they make it to pass people or make up ground. Kenny just had a slightly off night and didnt get good starts. The same exact thing has happened to the other top 5 guys. The class is just super stacked and tracks suck for passing or areas where you can make up time.
3/19/2019 7:06pm
I think Savage's crash is in Roczen's head. I don't blame him one bit.

The Shop

Gus
3/19/2019 7:58pm
Epstein-Barr possibly??
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Usually how things seem to go before it gets announced that a rider has it. Even his wording is spot on with most of the previous...
kiwifan wrote:
the guy was fine prior to the previous 2 rounds so I doubt EP/LD has suddenly manifested itself....he had the flu before the previous round so...
the guy was fine prior to the previous 2 rounds so I doubt EP/LD has suddenly manifested itself....he had the flu before the previous round so perhaps his body is struggling to shake it off, sometimes the flu can hang around for a few weeks...
I wonder if he was tested for the flu or if he had symptoms and it was assumed based on presentation. Regardless which viral illness it is, they all manifest with the same general symptoms.... fever, malaise, aches etc. So he very well could have EBV.

Also, Kenny is no doubt super human, but he’s human. I can’t help but think that older more mature Kenny is very much affected by his BIL crash. He’s married and has more on the line now and I think it’s got to get to him. So the stigma of mental health goes on. Being physically weak from an illness is better than “mentally weak”.
3/19/2019 9:50pm
Uhh did you read the statement? Something is wrong with him and it's not mental.
3/20/2019 3:07am
Uhh did you read the statement? Something is wrong with him and it's not mental.
Yes, I read it, but I've been in business long enough to know how to read between the lines of a public statement. Look how secretive this industry is with rider injuries, salaries, personnel changes, etc. I take everything I read with a grain of salt.

I sincerely hope that whatever is hindering Kenny is temporary. I was gutted for him when he missed a 450SX win by the smallest margin ever, but I suspect that the combination of that loss and his brother in-law's injury has him in a funk right now.

It just a hunch, but that's why we're all here, right? To bench race and speculate about the sport we love.

Post a reply to: What happened to Roczen last night?

The Latest