What happened to Reed?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/17/2018 10:21 PM

Just watched the race recap ( not the whole race ), so why did Reed finish 22nd after Bowers put him off the bike?? Broke something on the bike?

|

3/17/2018 10:24 PM

Looked to me like he was just over it

|

3/17/2018 10:42 PM

He thought of how many millions he has in his account and said "fuck this shit".

|

3/17/2018 10:45 PM

Chad gave Bowers a pretty good shot on the other end of the stadium. I saw that and went, “Uh-oh.”

|

3/17/2018 10:46 PM

^ interesting any photos?

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

3/17/2018 11:14 PM

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

^ interesting any photos?

Nope, sorry. Was moving to a new spot.

|

3/17/2018 11:17 PM

I noticed him looking back at the ruts after his crash.. Either he saw something in them that should've been on his bike or he was wondering how he crashed the way he did haha

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

3/18/2018 3:25 AM

Maybe landing on his feet like that jarred his probably not fully healed foot.

|

3/18/2018 4:50 AM

Whitey wrote:

Maybe landing on his feet like that jarred his probably not fully healed foot.

It was the most graceful crash from knifing the front end in a rut I may have ever seen.

|

3/18/2018 5:16 AM

He got old.

|

3/18/2018 8:11 AM

GuyB wrote:

Chad gave Bowers a pretty good shot on the other end of the stadium. I saw that and went, “Uh-oh.”

Was that after Bowers swept Chad's leg and Chad came off his bike?

|

3/18/2018 8:17 AM

He already broke LaRocco’s record....that is what happened. Doubt if you see him next year.

|

3/18/2018 8:17 AM

I imagine it is pretty hard on Chad trying to battle for position with riders that he was lapping a few years ago. I just hope he is enjoying himself...at this point in his life if he’s not having fun then it’s time to go home. He looks fed up some nights.

|

3/18/2018 8:19 AM

Chad was trying to pass Bowers for quite some time. Bowers and Chad were riding well actually moving through the pack. Chad poked the bear and as Guy B said "uh oh"

|

3/18/2018 9:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/18/2018 9:06 AM

I guess I'm the only one that saw that little bump and run by Bowers as nothing more than a racing incident. It actually looked fairly respectful to me. Could have been FAR worse.

It's crazy to me how these guys can clear some of those triples and quads right before corners and they can slow down and still make those turns in SX. During the segment where Daniel Blair was talking about the take off distance being 28 feet and the gap being 78 feet, he should have mentioned that they had less than 20 feet to slow down and make the corner. That was the most difficult part of the obstacle in my mind.

|

3/18/2018 9:18 AM

mxracer106 wrote:

He already broke LaRocco’s record....that is what happened. Doubt if you see him next year.

Sometimes when you make up silly things in your head .......that's where you should leave them.

|

Did i do that?

3/18/2018 9:22 AM

Bowers didn't do shit. His Fender hit Reeds leg when he leaned over. Reeed went back right, lost balance on the berm.

Watch the replay. That tells the story.

|

3/18/2018 9:23 AM

I think thats fair. I dont see reed wanting to come back next year to get 15ths. He wants to win and this year he felt he still had it until he broke his foot. I think after a year of riding around mid pack he may hang it up after all he has the record now too.

|

3/18/2018 10:22 AM

Did he reinjure his ankle?

|

3/18/2018 10:35 AM

He seemed spry getting back to and on the bike.

|

3/18/2018 10:44 AM

At the time I didn't think the bowers pass was bad at all. Now considering what GuyB said about Chad running it in on him earlier, I'm surprised he didn't full bear mode on him.

|

3/18/2018 11:17 AM

Some of you crack me up.

Do you really think if he had come into the season in shape, no injury and the bike fully tested and dialed in ... he wouldn't be getting some top fives and perhaps a top three or better?

I doubt he wants to go out with this being his farewell season.

|

3/18/2018 12:17 PM

GuyB wrote:

pbody wrote:

Was that after Bowers swept Chad's leg and Chad came off his bike?

Deductive reasoning would indicate that was before Chad fell off his bike. Although if it was after, that might explain why Chad took his bike and went to the pits. You know.... poke the bear and run for camp.

|

3/18/2018 12:20 PM

Am I the only one who noticed how tweaked the bars and front end was when he picked up the bike...not racing for titles, might as well head to the rig instead of racing around on a Supercross track with a sketchy/bent front end.

|

3/18/2018 12:33 PM

Saturday Night Live: St. Louis - Supercross - Racer X Online
http://racerxonline.com/2018/03/18/saturday-night-live-st-louis

"Monster Energy Kawasaki’s Tyler Bowers showed the most speed he had since Oakland (when he ran top ten in the 450 main until a big crash late in the race.) He ran up front in qualifying, eventually finishing sixth then led his heat race until a fall. From there in the main some lingering injuries hurt him and he finished 14th. Early in the main he came together with Chad Reed and knocked the Aussie out of the race. Bowers said he didn’t mean to hit him as hard as he did and that he had reached out to Reed to apologize."

|

3/18/2018 1:35 PM

race wrote:

Some of you crack me up.

Do you really think if he had come into the season in shape, no injury and the bike fully tested and ...more

If,if, if,. If doesnt count.

|

3/18/2018 4:19 PM

ML512 wrote:

Am I the only one who noticed how tweaked the bars and front end was when he picked up the bike...not racing for titles, might ...more

I thought that also and it looked like maybe something was going on with his chain guide.

|

3/18/2018 4:32 PM

GuyB wrote:

Before ?

|

3/18/2018 6:34 PM

ML512 wrote:

Am I the only one who noticed how tweaked the bars and front end was when he picked up the bike...not racing for titles, might ...more

Did look all bent up and he landed on his feet. Hopes hes ankles not worse ??

|

3/18/2018 9:45 PM

Watch it in slow motion. Reed's left hand / bars hit Bowers front fender as the first point of contact, Reed turning down. Unfortunate racing incident.

|