5/29/2011 11:21am
He had sand somewhere.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/29/2011 11:37am
Slow wrote:
He had sand somewhere.
Ah, you've noticed that I'm not a fan of the "sand in the vagina" line? I think that's generally one of the weakest comebacks around.
Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3120th
5/29/2011 11:37am
He signed up to ride a pig. That's what happened

The Shop

mjskier
5/29/2011 11:49am
According to Moto Verte, 1st moto arm pump, second moto his shock broke.
By the sound of it, they are experimenting with different triple T offsets. Obviously they haven't found a good set up yet. He just doesn't look comfortable on that bike.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
5/29/2011 3:21pm
I can understand the bike breaking down but he faded in both motos at Hangtown and definitely faded (DNFed) the first moto at Freestone with no mechanicals.

Hasn't he been training specifically for the outdoors? I know the bike is different but he should have, at the very least, ensured that he would be in good physical form before the nationals. He only did 7 of 16 laps (about 15 mins) in moto 1 for cryin out loud! That's just pathetic!
bigborefan
5/29/2011 3:37pm
Say what you want, the kid can ride a motorcycle. He should get better with more time in the saddle.
wreckitrandy
5/29/2011 3:43pm
Slow wrote:
He had sand somewhere.
GuyB wrote:
Ah, you've noticed that I'm not a fan of the "sand in the vagina" line? I think that's generally one of the weakest comebacks around.
I thought it was pretty weak a couple of years ago when Pourcel said something similar about Dungey. I don't doubt that Dungey has forgiven him though. Still, we reap what we sow.
mxb2
5/29/2011 3:43pm
bigborefan wrote:
Say what you want, the kid can ride a motorcycle. He should get better with more time in the saddle.
we know he can ride, the point of the topic is whats up with CP?
machine
5/29/2011 4:47pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
I can understand the bike breaking down but he faded in both motos at Hangtown and definitely faded (DNFed) the first moto at Freestone with no...
I can understand the bike breaking down but he faded in both motos at Hangtown and definitely faded (DNFed) the first moto at Freestone with no mechanicals.

Hasn't he been training specifically for the outdoors? I know the bike is different but he should have, at the very least, ensured that he would be in good physical form before the nationals. He only did 7 of 16 laps (about 15 mins) in moto 1 for cryin out loud! That's just pathetic!
Yep and he isn't going to get into race shape only riding 4 laps a race. I want to see the guy up there, but if he doesn't at least start finishing motos, he's going to be labeled as a quitter very soon.
Moto4T5
5/29/2011 4:53pm
Lack of physical conditioning and mental preparedness!
joltonjay
5/29/2011 5:02pm
I think Watson called it on a podcast with Matthes. I don't recall if he was talking about VMS or Motoconcepts but he said basically that Pourcel would get fired early if he didn't perform. I think everyone would be ok if he would stay out on the track and at least gut it out but pull off each moto is the pathway to the unemployment line.
fader418
5/29/2011 5:12pm
He rode really good in the beginning......I am pretty sure he passed Reed on the first or 2nd lap and was riding smooth.....he hasnt raced in a year its gonna take him some time to get back in race shape.....he will be fine.....
Overdrive
5/29/2011 5:19pm
He has been off for a year and has now moved into a class he has yet to master on a bike he has never rode. Cut the kid some slack. It will take him several races to get all the kinks worked out and to get his conditioning back to outdoor national pace. It doesn't matter how much you prep there is no substitution for time in the saddle.
DrSweden
5/29/2011 6:01pm
I hope the kid get's his shit together. The pass on Reed on lap 2(?) made it looked like a A-rider passes a B-rider or something. Made smile and I honestly believe the kid has is the most talented rider on the circuit right now. But again, his training and focus? He needs therapy and Aldon Baker...
Moto4T5
5/29/2011 6:13pm
Overdrive wrote:
He has been off for a year and has now moved into a class he has yet to master on a bike he has never rode...
He has been off for a year and has now moved into a class he has yet to master on a bike he has never rode. Cut the kid some slack. It will take him several races to get all the kinks worked out and to get his conditioning back to outdoor national pace. It doesn't matter how much you prep there is no substitution for time in the saddle.
Gimme a friggin break! and Pourcel was the one demanding a top salary, shit what a joke!
mxb2
5/29/2011 6:29pm
Overdrive wrote:
He has been off for a year and has now moved into a class he has yet to master on a bike he has never rode...
Wonder if he told that to the teams he was trying out for? Come on boss I want a lot of money but i need some time to get in shape and prepare LOL!
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
5/29/2011 7:07pm
He has had much more time to prepare his bike than Windham.

Or what about Les Smith? 3rd time riding the Yamaha and was in the top 10....
5/29/2011 7:52pm
Isn't it a little ironic that David Vuillemin, not exactly known for his work ethic or team spirit (remember Lucky on 'Reality of Speed'?), is now on the other side of the fence. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in one of his team meetings when he lectures Pourcel about how he isn't putting in the effort commensurable with his salary. Better yet, why doesn't someone take a camera over there and do a TV show about it. It could be called 'Goes Around, Comes Around'...
5/29/2011 8:05pm Edited Date/Time 5/29/2011 8:07pm
DV: "Mon dieu! Qu'est-ce qui s'est passé?
CP: "je suis tres fatigue"
DV: "Ah! C'est la vie."
Dozer
5/29/2011 8:16pm
Rewindcaz wrote:
He signed up to ride a pig. That's what happened
"So forward thinking, everything else seems backwards"

mcphilly
5/29/2011 8:27pm
You people crack me up, an entire thread dedicated to people that have know fucking idea what there talking about.

You all are a bunch of Joes Smile
Mod Killer
5/29/2011 8:31pm
ts.p311 wrote:
Making pearls.
well done hahahahahahahahahahaha

i dont understand the whole "yamaha is a pig" deal. theres a couple of guys making that bike look just fine.
5/29/2011 8:36pm Edited Date/Time 5/29/2011 8:38pm
Speculation starts here:

Pourcel is a cerebral rider. He's been through a traumatic injury and recovery. The bike setup was possibly dangerous. He isn't getting paid enough to risk injury. He pulls over.

Speculation ends here:

We are all going to die.
5/29/2011 8:52pm
Isn't it a little ironic that David Vuillemin, not exactly known for his work ethic or team spirit (remember Lucky on 'Reality of Speed'?), is now...
Isn't it a little ironic that David Vuillemin, not exactly known for his work ethic or team spirit (remember Lucky on 'Reality of Speed'?), is now on the other side of the fence. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in one of his team meetings when he lectures Pourcel about how he isn't putting in the effort commensurable with his salary. Better yet, why doesn't someone take a camera over there and do a TV show about it. It could be called 'Goes Around, Comes Around'...
You could edit a reality tv show to make santa claus look like a murderer... Reality of Speed was a joke.

What goes around comes around? This thread should be titled "Old fat assholes achieving notoriety on the internet."
CeeTee
5/29/2011 9:26pm
DV: "Mon dieu! Qu'est-ce qui s'est passé?
CP: "je suis tres fatigue"
DV: "Ah! C'est la vie."
HAHAHAHA now that is some funny shit right there!
5/29/2011 9:26pm
Speculation starts here: Pourcel is a cerebral rider. He's been through a traumatic injury and recovery. The bike setup was possibly dangerous. He isn't getting paid...
Speculation starts here:

Pourcel is a cerebral rider. He's been through a traumatic injury and recovery. The bike setup was possibly dangerous. He isn't getting paid enough to risk injury. He pulls over.

Speculation ends here:

We are all going to die.
Was the bike set-up dangerous when he led the racer for a number of laps?
The bike got dangerous when his arms went south. (I know this from experience).

Post a reply to: What happened to Pourcel?

The Latest