What happened to EMIG??

phlewy
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 9:37pm
If broadcasting was racing, EMIG shorted the triple, took a handle bar to the nuts, and slopped up the whoops so bad he went from 2nd to 8th in 3 seconds.

Professional Racer?.... ubetcha..

Professional Broadcaster?.... ummmm... , YIKES!!!

Did asterik mule cart him off after that showing? It was brutal.
|
FIREfish148
2/1/2010 3:17pm
would you prefer complete silence? you probably hate every type of music too huh?
40Plus_922mx
2/1/2010 3:25pm
I heard a podcast with him a few months ago. He was so laid back ams smooth. I wonder why he aint that way on TV.

The Shop

2/1/2010 3:29pm
Never was much of an Emig fan but he doesn't do a bad job. What did he do to piss you off?
johansen
2/1/2010 3:33pm
phlewy wrote:
If broadcasting was racing, EMIG shorted the triple, took a handle bar to the nuts, and slopped up the whoops so bad he went from 2nd...
If broadcasting was racing, EMIG shorted the triple, took a handle bar to the nuts, and slopped up the whoops so bad he went from 2nd to 8th in 3 seconds.

Professional Racer?.... ubetcha..

Professional Broadcaster?.... ummmm... , YIKES!!!

Did asterik mule cart him off after that showing? It was brutal.
I don't take people who overuse exclamation/questionmarks seriously. Just sayin.
phlewy
2/1/2010 3:41pm
It was like Shaheen handed Emig a handfull of marbles and said, "here, use these".

I mean really.
Outsider
2/1/2010 3:52pm
Don't bag on Fro man... the guy has to work with Ralph, give him a fuggin break!
motofab36
2/1/2010 4:06pm
Outsider wrote:
Don't bag on Fro man... the guy has to work with Ralph, give him a fuggin break!
X2. I can deal with Fro, he's actually been there and done that and was pretty good at it. Ralphie on the other hand....sheeesh. I was waiting for him to say something about JS Fastest Man On the Sidelines.
nobhead
2/1/2010 5:55pm
If you don't like him go watch some UFC and come back. Those guys including Rogin detail every fcking thing as if it's radio! I can see when turns left or right....Fro is fine. Bitchers just turn the sound off.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
2/1/2010 6:05pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2010 6:06pm
Fro is not fine, he uses "ok" way too consistently. He was a great racer and one of my favorites, but this job doesnt fit him. He is bad for the sport.
mxr102
2/1/2010 6:12pm
I know back in the day Jeff used to have a really really bad stuttering problem from being way nervous in after race interviews. I think it was Kawasaki or Yamaha sent him to a Speech class or something along those lines so he could take care of his nervousness and stuttering. I think he does a killer job honestly.
86honda
2/1/2010 6:17pm
Fro is the man. I would wayyyyyyyyyyy rather listen to jeff than David Baily of maybe you like RC sayin "man" every third word. Get over it "man"
RocketLab
2/1/2010 6:19pm
Fro is not fine, he uses "ok" way too consistently. He was a great racer and one of my favorites, but this job doesnt fit him...
Fro is not fine, he uses "ok" way too consistently. He was a great racer and one of my favorites, but this job doesnt fit him. He is bad for the sport.
Bad for the sport? Are you serious? Look around at all motosports announcing here in the US and there is none I can think of off hand that is stellar. Now British and even Australian announcing is to my liking with the enthusiasim and constant upates of the field. Especailly MotoGp.
Oops, forgot the Canadian outdoors announcers as well.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
2/1/2010 6:20pm
Fro is not fine, he uses "ok" way too consistently. He was a great racer and one of my favorites, but this job doesnt fit him...
RocketLab wrote:
Bad for the sport? Are you serious? Look around at all motosports announcing here in the US and there is none I can think of off...
Bad for the sport? Are you serious? Look around at all motosports announcing here in the US and there is none I can think of off hand that is stellar. Now British and even Australian announcing is to my liking with the enthusiasim and constant upates of the field. Especailly MotoGp.
Why just compare it to motorsports? You seriously think Fro is in par with NFL, NBA, and other sports?
jdssoul
2/1/2010 6:22pm
I think he does a good job but I can't help but LOL everytime he says "OK" - exactly like Mr. Mackey in Southpark..."Mm-kay"?
RocketLab
2/1/2010 6:32pm
RocketLab wrote:
Bad for the sport? Are you serious? Look around at all motosports announcing here in the US and there is none I can think of off...
Why just compare it to motorsports? You seriously think Fro is in par with NFL, NBA, and other sports?
Until this sport is on a level that those other sports enjoy you will not be able to pull in that kind of talent. Until then, grow our own and besides I have noticed improvement in Emig over the past few years. As his confidence behind the mike improves so will he.

What we really need is the "play by play" announcer ramping up the details, adjectives, and excitement as the race goes on. Once again get the MotoGP guy. Emig's ok for color.
crowe176
2/1/2010 6:45pm
Fro sucks at his job. Hasn't improved any since day 1.
2/1/2010 6:58pm
crowe176 wrote:
Right. And you're stellar at posting on a message board. Your improvement is marked and impressive. Right on, bud!
crowe176
2/1/2010 7:10pm
crowe176 wrote:
Right. And you're stellar at posting on a message board. Your improvement is marked and impressive. Right on, bud!
Thank you. I've never improved though. I've always been stellar.
Ozy
2/1/2010 7:16pm
Emig has his very own facebook fan club "Jeff Emig is still hot"

true story

How can anybody hate on the fro?
aminkman
2/1/2010 7:19pm
What exactly does does he do so poorly? I think he does a great job. The only complaint I have is they don't have a consistant time slot. Oh yea, Ralph, tone down your man love for Bubba.
IceMan446
2/1/2010 7:58pm
People are talking shit about tickle on the podium....fro was wayyy worse then tickle on the podium. But I think he does a good job, I really think if he had a better partner it would help out a lot. Trying to work with ralph is like doing a presentation with a 5 year old. Not going to happen. He has come a long way on his speech issues so I give him props.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
2/1/2010 8:03pm
aminkman wrote:
What exactly does does he do so poorly? I think he does a great job. The only complaint I have is they don't have a consistant...
What exactly does does he do so poorly? I think he does a great job. The only complaint I have is they don't have a consistant time slot. Oh yea, Ralph, tone down your man love for Bubba.
he says okay 50 times a race, unacceptable for someone paid to do public speaking. He also often stumbles over words. If he was just at the local track announcing for the love of it, then props to the man. But he is paid to do it, they need to find a professional.
mxjef
2/1/2010 8:03pm
They both need to talk about the race action instead of telling stories. Half the time I'm watching the race I'm tuning them out.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/1/2010 8:12pm
I heard a podcast with him a few months ago. He was so laid back ams smooth. I wonder why he aint that way on TV.
You know those races when the leader had a 15-second lead and everyone else was strung out behind him?

Yeah, those.

Well, I'm not sure if you've noticed, but we haven't had many of those this season. Trying to be smooth and laid-back when there's almost non-stop action? That's a tall order.
TJ 755
2/1/2010 8:17pm
you fucking keyboard jockeys seem to love Holley and he about vomits on himself trying to speak when there is action. Vital guidelines need an amendment about bashing announcers. I mean really...get a fucking life.
loftyair
2/1/2010 8:32pm
Ricky was cracking me up when you could hear him in the background saying "oh, oh, OH, so many times, messing up both Emig and Sheheen.
TJ 755
2/1/2010 8:40pm
did any body catch ricky and jeff cracking up when ralph said chjisolm. I rewound it a couple of times. If anything they need more ricky.

Post a reply to: What happened to EMIG??

The Latest