What happened to Amart?

3rdgearpinned
He rode his bike back down the tunnel. Did he fall on the site lap?
|
tingo
2/12/2018 6:12am
Nah, he found out that I had him on my fantasy team and decided to help keep my losing streak going.

I, too, am curious what happened.
Rab
2/12/2018 6:15am
Think I read somewhere that he decided to call it a night after the site lap
3rdgearpinned
2/12/2018 6:20am
Rab wrote:
lol

The Shop

2/12/2018 6:28am
Kinda weird that a top competitor doesn’t line up and you hear zero about it on the broadcast.

Marcello10
2/12/2018 6:30am
He hurt his wrist in the heat, tried to race the main, went out for the parade lap but then realized it was to bad ride with that paid and decided to pull out
huck
2/12/2018 6:31am
Rab wrote:
What?! No, I hadn't heard that!
twotwosix
2/12/2018 6:46am
Yeah, he was lining up for the main 50/50 on whether or not the wrist would be okay. He rode the sight lap and it was just too much. Decided to pack it in for the night.
bball35
2/12/2018 6:57am
Maybe he had diarrhea. When you got to go you got to go!!
TRAVO 67
2/12/2018 6:17pm
This sucks for the guy that finished 5th in the LCQ. As soon as he pulled off the gate and said he wasn't racing that rider should of got his gate. Shitty for Alex to pull off so late and stupid the AMA/FELD won't let that guy race. Why have a open gate.
500guy
2/12/2018 6:48pm
TRAVO 67 wrote:
This sucks for the guy that finished 5th in the LCQ. As soon as he pulled off the gate and said he wasn't racing that rider...
This sucks for the guy that finished 5th in the LCQ. As soon as he pulled off the gate and said he wasn't racing that rider should of got his gate. Shitty for Alex to pull off so late and stupid the AMA/FELD won't let that guy race. Why have a open gate.
it's not a welfare system, You want in the main get 4th or better in the LCQ. 5th place is just the 1st guy to get lapped and be in the way.
tcallahan707
2/13/2018 4:44pm
TRAVO 67 wrote:
This sucks for the guy that finished 5th in the LCQ. As soon as he pulled off the gate and said he wasn't racing that rider...
500guy wrote:
it's not a welfare system, You want in the main get 4th or better in the LCQ. 5th place is just the 1st guy to get...
it's not a welfare system, You want in the main get 4th or better in the LCQ. 5th place is just the 1st guy to get lapped and be in the way.
It's called an alternate, not welfare, and it is utilized more than you realize.

While I agree that it sucks for the 5th place guy and it is dumb to have an open gate, I can understand why it's not filled and I can understand why Alex approached it the way he did. Feld needs to draw the line at some point when one dude is out and the next guy can go in. It certainly can't be while the 30 second board is up. For safety reasons, I think it's smart to draw the line at taking a sight lap. Imagine the potential shitstorm of not being able to take a sight lap and then something catastropic happens. And if I'm Alex, I don't give a shit about the 5th place guy in the LCQ as much as I give a shit about doing everything possible to try and race and earn my paycheck.
plowboy
2/13/2018 4:55pm
TRAVO 67 wrote:
500guy wrote:
it's not a welfare system, You want in the main get 4th or better in the LCQ. 5th place is just the 1st guy to get...
It's called an alternate, not welfare, and it is utilized more than you realize. While I agree that it sucks for the 5th place guy and...
It's called an alternate, not welfare, and it is utilized more than you realize.

While I agree that it sucks for the 5th place guy and it is dumb to have an open gate, I can understand why it's not filled and I can understand why Alex approached it the way he did. Feld needs to draw the line at some point when one dude is out and the next guy can go in. It certainly can't be while the 30 second board is up. For safety reasons, I think it's smart to draw the line at taking a sight lap. Imagine the potential shitstorm of not being able to take a sight lap and then something catastropic happens. And if I'm Alex, I don't give a shit about the 5th place guy in the LCQ as much as I give a shit about doing everything possible to try and race and earn my paycheck.
Why not "stage" the guys that "just" missed the show so that if something like this happens they are ready to go? No reason to see DNS and open gates really.
tcallahan707
2/13/2018 5:07pm
500guy wrote:
It's called an alternate, not welfare, and it is utilized more than you realize. While I agree that it sucks for the 5th place guy and...

plowboy wrote:
Why not "stage" the guys that "just" missed the show so that if something like this happens they are ready to go? No reason to see...
Why not "stage" the guys that "just" missed the show so that if something like this happens they are ready to go? No reason to see DNS and open gates really.
They do, until the deadline has passed to fill the gate and the official starting lineup is set. At that point, it's over for the alternate, even if a gate opens up. Like I said, I understand why it sucks to see a DNS and an open gate but for practical purposes, you can't just throw a guy in there at any point before it drops.
plowboy
2/13/2018 5:12pm
They do, until the deadline has passed to fill the gate and the official starting lineup is set. At that point, it's over for the alternate...
They do, until the deadline has passed to fill the gate and the official starting lineup is set. At that point, it's over for the alternate, even if a gate opens up. Like I said, I understand why it sucks to see a DNS and an open gate but for practical purposes, you can't just throw a guy in there at any point before it drops.
Callahan, you lucky dog. Do you walk or ride bicycle to the Thunder Valley national?
vetmxr
2/13/2018 5:17pm
TRAVO 67 wrote:
500guy wrote:
These guys sacrifice alot to race.......why the hell not let the 5th place guy out to race? Most guys start out at the back of the pack till they figure it out. Every guy in that last chance qualifier is a bad mofo on a bike. And deserves to be given a shot. You gotta be able to haul effing ass just to make the night show......experience makes a difference.
tcallahan707
2/13/2018 5:40pm
They do, until the deadline has passed to fill the gate and the official starting lineup is set. At that point, it's over for the alternate...
plowboy wrote:
Callahan, you lucky dog. Do you walk or ride bicycle to the Thunder Valley national?
Haha do we know each other? I've been fortunate enough to be either riding or working the National for the last four years so I just drive right on in to the VIP lot Wink

Post a reply to: What happened to Amart?

The Latest