What happened in Massachusetts this weekend?

JBecker 72
5/2/2017 5:34am
State police and the EPA messing with riders?

https://instagram.com/p/BTljRaQATRM/
|
b_kowalsk
5/2/2017 5:43am
There was a J Day race at crow hill this weekend (Robbie's facility). First i have heard of this, CT pulls the same stuff on private land, unbelievable....
JBecker 72
5/2/2017 6:11am
b_kowalsk wrote:
There was a J Day race at crow hill this weekend (Robbie's facility). First i have heard of this, CT pulls the same stuff on private...
There was a J Day race at crow hill this weekend (Robbie's facility). First i have heard of this, CT pulls the same stuff on private land, unbelievable....
So they're hassling riders on private land during a race?
Yamaknockers
5/2/2017 6:11am
It's shit like this that makes people hate police and EPA, at least they are riding at a track, not riding down roads or places where riding isn't allowed.

The Shop

pete24
5/2/2017 6:20am
i registered my dirt bike big deal its 22 dollars a year
ehr400
5/2/2017 6:30am
should not need to register a off road vehicle, Title I can understand but if I am on private land or closed course competition I dont agree with registering. Like people mentioned on the responses, we spend this money where is it going? No ORV parks or areas to ride. So let the illegal street riding in cites, but harass people who bought them and riding them in a responsible manner on private land. Wow.
pete24
5/2/2017 6:48am
the bottom line is the state wants the sales tax money, i dont think they care about the 22 dollars a year, thats all the epo gets is 22 a year the state tax agency gets the sales tax, which on a Dungey replica is 625 dollars, thats what they are after, and if you live in Mass unfortunalty u are required to pay sales tax, but people know if they drive to NH they wont have to pay tax, till they register, the sate has just figured out a way to get the sales tax thats all, i paid it when i bought my bike so like i said big deal i got to pay 22 a year for registration, thats ok with me dirt bikes are expensive, the same people that are complaining probably have a 900 exhaust on their bike that they dont need
these laws were passed in around 2008 a lot of people flipped out so they had meetings about it
i went to a meeting at west boylston high school, lots of new england track owners were there, NETRA officals were there also, they explained the laws, and im surprised it took this long to enforce them, anyone complaining is a god dam cry baby we all knew it was coming
dedi684
5/2/2017 6:52am Edited Date/Time 5/2/2017 6:59am
I buy mine in N.H. no tax I'll register my sled but i dont reg my bike unless I ride on state trails which I no longer do.
What if every state we race in does this we would have to register our bikes in 4 or 5 states. What a ball buster!
5/2/2017 6:56am
Ca green sticker program was started to have the state buy land for ohv use. Over the years now the state just puts the 45 million a year ohv program money straight into the general fund. More Land is getting closed down than opened. F the state
ehr400
5/2/2017 7:06am
pete24 wrote:
the bottom line is the state wants the sales tax money, i dont think they care about the 22 dollars a year, thats all the epo...
the bottom line is the state wants the sales tax money, i dont think they care about the 22 dollars a year, thats all the epo gets is 22 a year the state tax agency gets the sales tax, which on a Dungey replica is 625 dollars, thats what they are after, and if you live in Mass unfortunalty u are required to pay sales tax, but people know if they drive to NH they wont have to pay tax, till they register, the sate has just figured out a way to get the sales tax thats all, i paid it when i bought my bike so like i said big deal i got to pay 22 a year for registration, thats ok with me dirt bikes are expensive, the same people that are complaining probably have a 900 exhaust on their bike that they dont need
these laws were passed in around 2008 a lot of people flipped out so they had meetings about it
i went to a meeting at west boylston high school, lots of new england track owners were there, NETRA officals were there also, they explained the laws, and im surprised it took this long to enforce them, anyone complaining is a god dam cry baby we all knew it was coming
And thats what the state enjoys the pay and no questions asked mentality. So what have the money you spent on registration done for riding areas or anything ORV related? 0 i assume. Goes in the general slush fund that goes for other pet projects, all the while Joe six pack gets the raw end of it. I get it that its only $22 and everyone is aware of it, but the fact you pay sales tax is everywhere. For example I can't go to Ohio and buy a bike and forgo paying sales tax, same with indiana and vice versa. It used to be that way but they changed it like 15 years ago or so. Sucks that you guys are getting piled on with fees for ORV use on private land.
dcg141
5/2/2017 7:18am
If its over sales tax then its something that every state is cracking down on. Most states now have a form that has to be filled out at the point of sale for every tax exempt sale with the customers name and address and the state where its going to be registered. They forward that info to the tax office in that state. The days of buying dirt bikes out of state and skipping out on sales tax are not over but their days are numbered.
Starcrossed
5/2/2017 7:28am
Hopefully they don't show up at Southwick for the national, as was discussed previously.
Steve125
Fantasy
2759th
5/2/2017 7:30am
If I register my dirt bike in CT, I have to pay not only sales tax, but the town makes me pay Property tax base on book value on it every year.
Camp332
5/2/2017 7:37am
Liberalism at it's finest.
mxridr
5/2/2017 7:38am
Tax collection under harassment and threat of violence: The Government Way.

ehr400
5/2/2017 7:44am
Steve125 wrote:
If I register my dirt bike in CT, I have to pay not only sales tax, but the town makes me pay Property tax base on...
If I register my dirt bike in CT, I have to pay not only sales tax, but the town makes me pay Property tax base on book value on it every year.
Wow, nothing like encouraging people to live there.
Steve125
Fantasy
2759th
5/2/2017 7:51am Edited Date/Time 5/2/2017 7:52am
Steve125 wrote:
If I register my dirt bike in CT, I have to pay not only sales tax, but the town makes me pay Property tax base on...
ehr400 wrote:
Yeah they like to drain us here. Every July I get a bill for around $1400 for owning my cars and bikes. It's ridiculous.
There seems to be a common harassment connection though.. Cali, Mass, Ct.... "Blue" States.
captmoto
5/2/2017 8:00am
Ca green sticker program was started to have the state buy land for ohv use. Over the years now the state just puts the 45 million...
Ca green sticker program was started to have the state buy land for ohv use. Over the years now the state just puts the 45 million a year ohv program money straight into the general fund. More Land is getting closed down than opened. F the state
Except that the EPA and CHP don't show up to Glen Helen, Pala, Comp Edge, Milestone, Cahuilla etc. I haven't seen other than park rangers doing what they are supposed to do without hassles. I agree we are getting screwed over green/red sticker money but the gestapo affect in Massa-two-shits is ridiculous.
5/2/2017 9:05am
So honest question, it sounds like law enforcement is on Robby's private land judging by the post; did they have a warrant?

I know Robby probably can't/won't divulge all of the details, but I'm curious as to how they even got on their land in the first place. What judge would issue a warrant for an investigative nature with the basis of finding what, a fucking out of date registration? Something doesn't add up here and in curious as to how it plays out, the EPA cant just barge into private property (From what little civics courses I remember)
ehr400
5/2/2017 9:06am
Steve125 wrote:
ehr400 wrote:
Steve125 wrote:
Yeah they like to drain us here. Every July I get a bill for around $1400 for owning my cars and bikes. It's ridiculous. There seems...
Yeah they like to drain us here. Every July I get a bill for around $1400 for owning my cars and bikes. It's ridiculous.
There seems to be a common harassment connection though.. Cali, Mass, Ct.... "Blue" States.
I think I am gonna start a relocation program for people like you here to the midwest. Lol
twnorton
5/2/2017 9:09am
taxation is theft.
dedi684
5/2/2017 9:10am
So honest question, it sounds like law enforcement is on Robby's private land judging by the post; did they have a warrant? I know Robby probably...
So honest question, it sounds like law enforcement is on Robby's private land judging by the post; did they have a warrant?

I know Robby probably can't/won't divulge all of the details, but I'm curious as to how they even got on their land in the first place. What judge would issue a warrant for an investigative nature with the basis of finding what, a fucking out of date registration? Something doesn't add up here and in curious as to how it plays out, the EPA cant just barge into private property (From what little civics courses I remember)
There were rumblings of this possibly happening a while back. Guess it was only a matter of time.
What dick heads.
EEE299
5/2/2017 10:10am
Make it illegal for people to ride... dont be surprised when they stop giving a shit entirely and tear up whatever land they want.
5/2/2017 10:56am
You guys all need to dress up like Harley pirates so the AMA can get involved.AngryWhistling

It's obvious that another Boston Tea Party is imminent and it's stuff like this that is going to galvanize more and more people until it happens.
5/2/2017 11:01am
b_kowalsk wrote:
There was a J Day race at crow hill this weekend (Robbie's facility). First i have heard of this, CT pulls the same stuff on private...
Whenever I hear about J Day:

https://youtu.be/qBPOTCSesMs
5/2/2017 11:31am
Someone has to pay for their (the police) brand new "search and riot control" quads and UTV's. And we sure know they aren't personally fitting the bill..
MXD
5/2/2017 11:38am
So honest question, it sounds like law enforcement is on Robby's private land judging by the post; did they have a warrant? I know Robby probably...

According to the EPO, they don't need anything to come on your property. Their explanation is that they police the environment and the environment is everywhere. Your property lines don't matter. I know someone who challenged this and lost.
zookie
5/2/2017 1:57pm
Steve125 wrote:
Yeah they like to drain us here. Every July I get a bill for around $1400 for owning my cars and bikes. It's ridiculous. There seems...
https://www.fool.com/investing/general/2015/05/29/the-states-with-the-h…

Unfortunately for the folks who want to blame this on "blue" or "liberal" things, vehicle excise taxes happen even in "red" states.
zookie
5/2/2017 2:00pm
If people want to stop getting harassed while riding then make the bikes quieter. 4 strokes are insanely loud and, in my experience, the rate at which tracks have been shut down has gone wayyyy up in the last decade since 4 strokes became commonplace.

Want to save the sport? Stop bitching and make the bikes quiet. If no one knows you are riding then they will have no reason to find excuses (like EPA or zoning) to stop you. I can't wait for Alta to have more dealers and presence in the market.

Post a reply to: What happened in Massachusetts this weekend?

The Latest