104Dad
7/22/2012 3:59pm Edited Date/Time 8/12/2012 4:41pm
What went down with Matt 2nd Moto
|
berno929
Fantasy
2477th
7/22/2012 6:19pm
Klatt pulled away quickly... Kiniry might have passed Goerke really early on and Matt followed him for the first half of the moto and then he just gave up and was a very very distant 3rd. On the podium he said he had a crash this week and he started feeling the effects / got tired during the moto or something like that.

The 'old' Klatt is back so there should be more battles up front in MX1 (450).
Switch
7/22/2012 6:23pm
Your wording sounds like a canadian biased report.. no offense berno. What did he injure during the week? From the previous reports, noone was even close this year.
kevin204
Fantasy
3416th
7/22/2012 6:29pm
Klatt has been dealing with bike issues. He worked hard in the 3 weeks off before Gopher Dunes and got a new set of forks that worked wonders. Don't forget, Klatt handed Goerke his ass nearly every weak last year. It's not like he's never done it before.

The Shop

kevin204
Fantasy
3416th
7/22/2012 6:33pm
It should also be noted that Ste. Julie is a much different track than a lot of the conditions Goerke has dominated in so far this year (Deep sand, lots of mud, super-rough conditions). Ste. Julie is really hard-pack and slippery with a lot of silt on top. Not Goerke's forte.
flarider
7/22/2012 7:03pm
kevin204 wrote:
It should also be noted that Ste. Julie is a much different track than a lot of the conditions Goerke has dominated in so far this...
It should also be noted that Ste. Julie is a much different track than a lot of the conditions Goerke has dominated in so far this year (Deep sand, lots of mud, super-rough conditions). Ste. Julie is really hard-pack and slippery with a lot of silt on top. Not Goerke's forte.
Goerke raced through a trashed wrist still recovering from being smashed, not broken, but smashed, at the JAX SX last year, along with his broken hip. So he started the series recovering, getting back in shape with a wrist that was super tender.

Comparing ANY of his results from last year in Canada to any other year is disingenuous.
Scott167
Fantasy
250th
7/22/2012 7:34pm
kevin204 wrote:
It should also be noted that Ste. Julie is a much different track than a lot of the conditions Goerke has dominated in so far this...
flarider wrote:
Goerke raced through a trashed wrist still recovering from being smashed, not broken, but smashed, at the JAX SX last year, along with his broken hip...
Goerke raced through a trashed wrist still recovering from being smashed, not broken, but smashed, at the JAX SX last year, along with his broken hip. So he started the series recovering, getting back in shape with a wrist that was super tender.

Comparing ANY of his results from last year in Canada to any other year is disingenuous.
Exactly. And unfortunately for us out top rider is hurt this year like matt was last yeR and Matt is waxing him at the moment too.
kevin204
Fantasy
3416th
7/22/2012 7:45pm
kevin204 wrote:
flarider wrote:
Goerke raced through a trashed wrist still recovering from being smashed, not broken, but smashed, at the JAX SX last year, along with his broken hip...

Even still, you can't say that Klatt getting 10th and 8th at the beginning of this year was expected or normal. Not to mention, Goerke DID easily win Gopher Dunes last year, the roughest and gnarliest race on the tour. He may have not been 100%, but he certainly wasn't crippled.
flarider
7/22/2012 8:46pm Edited Date/Time 7/22/2012 8:46pm
kevin204 wrote:
Even still, you can't say that Klatt getting 10th and 8th at the beginning of this year was expected or normal. Not to mention, Goerke DID...
Even still, you can't say that Klatt getting 10th and 8th at the beginning of this year was expected or normal. Not to mention, Goerke DID easily win Gopher Dunes last year, the roughest and gnarliest race on the tour. He may have not been 100%, but he certainly wasn't crippled.
That was coincidentally the same time he started feeling better and more in shape. How were his results after that race as compared to before? Improved, huh?
fullfloater
Fantasy
14th
7/23/2012 2:12am
Switch wrote:
Your wording sounds like a canadian biased report.. no offense berno. What did he injure during the week? From the previous reports, noone was even close...
Your wording sounds like a canadian biased report.. no offense berno. What did he injure during the week? From the previous reports, noone was even close this year.
Crashed so bad that he broke his helmet according to DMX

Hey flarider, cool that you know the benoits from back in the early days.
mikey262
7/23/2012 4:29am
Matt, had a practice crash. went to the Doctor and got his release so yea he may not have been on his game, but as always he will be back stronger than ever!!
mikem
7/23/2012 9:15am
Georke mentioned on twitter that he was feeling really sick in the second moto. So either he was feeling really cool, or he was ill.
7/23/2012 4:39pm
Here is the facts.... Matt did have a wreck early in the week, that did knock him out and break the helmet. He was cleared to race saturday, but after eating it in practice, he took medication that the doctor had prescribed and He did get sick , BUT no matter what , Dusty was totally awsome both motos, and our whole family was extremely glad that he is back on . Every rider and their family loves to see a great race . Matt loves a good battle on the track, as both he and Bobby Kiniry said on the podium a few weeks back, when they went back and forth for the lead. Dusty is a force , and Matt, Bobby, and Medaglia will have to reckon with it. Our whole family hopes that Medaglia isnt hurt bad ,and is able to come back, after his wreck too. Cyndi Goerke
twister
7/23/2012 4:49pm
Thanks Cyndi.Great post.I hope Matt is feeling better.
Matt414
7/23/2012 8:20pm
Here is the facts.... Matt did have a wreck early in the week, that did knock him out and break the helmet. He was cleared to...
Here is the facts.... Matt did have a wreck early in the week, that did knock him out and break the helmet. He was cleared to race saturday, but after eating it in practice, he took medication that the doctor had prescribed and He did get sick , BUT no matter what , Dusty was totally awsome both motos, and our whole family was extremely glad that he is back on . Every rider and their family loves to see a great race . Matt loves a good battle on the track, as both he and Bobby Kiniry said on the podium a few weeks back, when they went back and forth for the lead. Dusty is a force , and Matt, Bobby, and Medaglia will have to reckon with it. Our whole family hopes that Medaglia isnt hurt bad ,and is able to come back, after his wreck too. Cyndi Goerke
Cyndi, not to start a fight, and I am not trying to pick on Matt. But he really needs to be careful. Getting knocked out early in the week and breaking a helmet, I really doubt racing is a good idea within a week. That's a recipe for a much worse head injury. I know Matt's been knocked out more then once and each time things get worse, and the recovery time between each one is longer then before. Hope he's careful with it. Sometimes racing isn't the most important thing.
7/24/2012 12:06am
Here is the facts.... Matt did have a wreck early in the week, that did knock him out and break the helmet. He was cleared to...
Matt414 wrote:
Cyndi, not to start a fight, and I am not trying to pick on Matt. But he really needs to be careful. Getting knocked out early...
Cyndi, not to start a fight, and I am not trying to pick on Matt. But he really needs to be careful. Getting knocked out early in the week and breaking a helmet, I really doubt racing is a good idea within a week. That's a recipe for a much worse head injury. I know Matt's been knocked out more then once and each time things get worse, and the recovery time between each one is longer then before. Hope he's careful with it. Sometimes racing isn't the most important thing.
Matt 414, I am a "mother" 1st always, I totally agree with you, and you are stating exactly the truth.... Though some may not agree, I , personally ,am glad that the racing community is requiring that riders do this "concusion" test ( Im not sure exact name of what it is).
That said, as a parent , all you can do is guide and inform your kids. Finally , they make the decision, and all you can do is hope that they take all the right precautions and pray for their safety!
8/12/2012 4:41pm
Matt414 wrote:
Cyndi, not to start a fight, and I am not trying to pick on Matt. But he really needs to be careful. Getting knocked out early...
Matt 414, I am a "mother" 1st always, I totally agree with you, and you are stating exactly the truth.... Though some may not agree, I...
Matt 414, I am a "mother" 1st always, I totally agree with you, and you are stating exactly the truth.... Though some may not agree, I , personally ,am glad that the racing community is requiring that riders do this "concusion" test ( Im not sure exact name of what it is).
That said, as a parent , all you can do is guide and inform your kids. Finally , they make the decision, and all you can do is hope that they take all the right precautions and pray for their safety!
Love you mrs cyndi!

Post a reply to: What happend to Goerke?

The Latest