What happen to ping?

Trav138
6/4/2022 2:05pm
Wish Ping all the best. WTS is awesome, i enjoy it, and will support it.
Been a fan Ping, since i read in Mxa that you "shoulda went to college" ahahaha. You've Been grinding gears ever since lol. All the best
Travis
Nighttrain
6/4/2022 6:18pm Edited Date/Time 6/4/2022 6:20pm
Some of Ping’s columns in RacerX, especially the one about racing the Chinese knockoff MX bike, were solid gold. He was approaching the levels of greatness set by Super Hunky, Dirt Bike magazine. And Whiskey Throttle stands out as an exceptionally good podcast amongst a quickly expanding field of average industry pods.
McG194
6/4/2022 6:44pm
MO 23 wrote:
What does your (or anyone else’s education) have to do with wether ping is a conspiracy theorist or not? I never mentioned anyone’s education. And congrats...
What does your (or anyone else’s education) have to do with wether ping is a conspiracy theorist or not? I never mentioned anyone’s education.
And congrats, it sounds like you have a similar background to me, I have a degree in Mech Eng and have been developing vehicles for major OEMs for 15 years. But can’t for the life of me figure out what our occupation has to do with this conversation?
The simple fact is, ping regularly tweets about the problems in todays world being the result of the actions of a small powerful group. Such explanations reject the accepted narrative surrounding those events.
Do you not think Pings tweets reflect that definition?
I don’t know ping, he is probably a good dude, he is a conspiracy theorist, there is nothing wrong with it.
Congrats on being a self proclaimed shepherd, best of luck to you too.
McG194 wrote:
"Such explanations reject the accepted narrative surrounding those events."

You have unknowingly created comedy gold right there.

Truth > Accepted narrative
MO 23 wrote:
I quoted the dictionary definition of a conspiracy theory. And I completely agree, truth is greater than any narrative. Accepted narrative isn’t always the truth, sure...
I quoted the dictionary definition of a conspiracy theory.
And I completely agree, truth is greater than any narrative.
Accepted narrative isn’t always the truth, sure. But these days many folk seem to think accepted narrative is NEVER the truth
The sad fact is the accepted narrative is rarely the truth.

I've become my own crazy uncle, except that SOB wasn't so crazy after all. I remember being young and somewhat idealistic. I was never naive I thought my side were the good guys and the other side were crooks. I now always remember what he said: "Follow the money." Scientists get labs and get personally paid because they get grants, they get grants because they "prove" the accepted narrative. 95% of scientists say whatever the people funding them want them to say, the other 5% are banned on Twitter. lol
6/4/2022 9:10pm Edited Date/Time 6/4/2022 9:13pm
McG194 wrote:

MO 23 wrote:
I quoted the dictionary definition of a conspiracy theory. And I completely agree, truth is greater than any narrative. Accepted narrative isn’t always the truth, sure...
Accepted narrative isn’t always the truth, sure. But these days many folk seem to think accepted narrative is NEVER the truth
McG194 wrote:
The sad fact is the accepted narrative is rarely the truth. I've become my own crazy uncle, except that SOB wasn't so crazy after all. I...

I've become my own crazy uncle, except that SOB wasn't so crazy after all. I remember being young and somewhat idealistic. I was never naive I thought my side were the good guys and the other side were crooks. I now always remember what he said: "Follow the money." Scientists get labs and get personally paid because they get grants, they get grants because they "prove" the accepted narrative. 95% of scientists say whatever the people funding them want them to say, the other 5% are banned on Twitter. lol
Mainstream Science is a cult and religion we are not allowed to question Mainstream Science when originally science was made to be questioned.

Keyword - Mainstream.

The Shop

MO 23
6/4/2022 9:16pm
MO 23 wrote:
McG194 wrote:
The sad fact is the accepted narrative is rarely the truth. I've become my own crazy uncle, except that SOB wasn't so crazy after all. I...

Mainstream Science is a cult and religion we are not allowed to question Mainstream Science when originally science was made to be questioned.

Keyword - Mainstream.
It can absolutely be questioned, and is regularly in the scientific process.
The key fact is, it can be questioned, but don’t expect to be taken seriously if you don’t understand the science, and don’t expect to be taken seriously if the extent of the questioning is “nah, I don’t believe that”
thewrizzle
6/4/2022 9:33pm
McG194 wrote:

Keyword - Mainstream.
MO 23 wrote:
It can absolutely be questioned, and is regularly in the scientific process. The key fact is, it can be questioned, but don’t expect to be taken...
The key fact is, it can be questioned, but don’t expect to be taken seriously if you don’t understand the science, and don’t expect to be taken seriously if the extent of the questioning is “nah, I don’t believe that”
Don’t question it if you don’t understand it?? Is that what you’re saying here?
Broseph
6/4/2022 9:43pm

Keyword - Mainstream.
MO 23 wrote:
It can absolutely be questioned, and is regularly in the scientific process. The key fact is, it can be questioned, but don’t expect to be taken...
thewrizzle wrote:
Hey man don’t worry about it. It’s for your own good. You wouldn’t understand it anyway. Never mind all our past criminal convictions. This time we’ve only got your health in mind. Trust us.
6/4/2022 9:46pm
Nighttrain wrote:
Some of Ping’s columns in RacerX, especially the one about racing the Chinese knockoff MX bike, were solid gold. He was approaching the levels of greatness...
Some of Ping’s columns in RacerX, especially the one about racing the Chinese knockoff MX bike, were solid gold. He was approaching the levels of greatness set by Super Hunky, Dirt Bike magazine. And Whiskey Throttle stands out as an exceptionally good podcast amongst a quickly expanding field of average industry pods.
"Chinese take-out" ranks right up there with S.H and BAZ. Ping killed it.
thewrizzle
6/4/2022 9:48pm
MO 23 wrote:
thewrizzle wrote:
Broseph wrote:
Hey man don’t worry about it. It’s for your own good. You wouldn’t understand it anyway. Never mind all our past criminal convictions. This time we’ve...
Hey man don’t worry about it. It’s for your own good. You wouldn’t understand it anyway. Never mind all our past criminal convictions. This time we’ve only got your health in mind. Trust us.
Right?
thewrizzle
6/4/2022 9:48pm Edited Date/Time 6/4/2022 9:49pm
Nighttrain wrote:
Some of Ping’s columns in RacerX, especially the one about racing the Chinese knockoff MX bike, were solid gold. He was approaching the levels of greatness...
"Chinese take-out" ranks right up there with S.H and BAZ. Ping killed it.
That article was awesome, loved getting RacerX in the mail.
MO 23
6/4/2022 10:02pm Edited Date/Time 6/5/2022 4:11am

Keyword - Mainstream.
MO 23 wrote:
thewrizzle wrote:
Don’t question it, unless you have enough knowledge to have an intelligent discussion on the topic.

Let’s say an accountant who has never riden a motorcycle, let alone built and set up a race bike, went up to Bones and started questioning his suspension set up, and started saying “I don’t buy it, I think you are wrong, you don’t know what you are doing”
What would we think of that individual?
Now what is the difference between a bunch of people with zero knowledge of climate science, epidemiology etc telling professionals with decades of experience they are wrong.

Understand statistics, and look at the data. If you can intelligently question it, go ahead. But this whole
“Nah that’s bullshit, I just don’t believe it, but can’t tell you why” mentality is ridiculous.

Personally I respect the scientific process, I respect the peer review process, I respect professionals in their selected field.
The results are proven.
MaxPower
6/4/2022 10:18pm
I'll always be a big fan of Dave. Glad he is part of our sport
thewrizzle
6/4/2022 10:18pm
MO 23 wrote:
thewrizzle wrote:
MO 23 wrote:
Don’t question it, unless you have enough knowledge to have an intelligent discussion on the topic. Let’s say an accountant who has never riden a motorcycle...
Don’t question it, unless you have enough knowledge to have an intelligent discussion on the topic.

Let’s say an accountant who has never riden a motorcycle, let alone built and set up a race bike, went up to Bones and started questioning his suspension set up, and started saying “I don’t buy it, I think you are wrong, you don’t know what you are doing”
What would we think of that individual?
Now what is the difference between a bunch of people with zero knowledge of climate science, epidemiology etc telling professionals with decades of experience they are wrong.

Understand statistics, and look at the data. If you can intelligently question it, go ahead. But this whole
“Nah that’s bullshit, I just don’t believe it, but can’t tell you why” mentality is ridiculous.

Personally I respect the scientific process, I respect the peer review process, I respect professionals in their selected field.
The results are proven.
I’m an expert on calling bullshit and that’s exactly what I’m doing. You don’t have the knowledge to dispute that.
6/4/2022 10:28pm
Ping is great on bike tests. Still rides very smooth and fast. Can put into words how said bike performs. Thought he added alot to this forum for having that skill. He has his opinions, and throws them out there, so he is going to be loved or hated.
6/4/2022 10:35pm
Does anyone remember how he often would talk shit about Vital and it’s users before he joined the Vital team?
Constantly calling users “Vitards” then he comes here to write a shitty article just to make a penny or two of us.

Good luck ping!! See you around! Or not.
thewrizzle
6/4/2022 10:37pm Edited Date/Time 6/4/2022 10:38pm
Does anyone remember how he often would talk shit about Vital and it’s users before he joined the Vital team? Constantly calling users “Vitards” then he...
Does anyone remember how he often would talk shit about Vital and it’s users before he joined the Vital team?
Constantly calling users “Vitards” then he comes here to write a shitty article just to make a penny or two of us.

That’s a pretty common theme from nearly everyone. How often was he wrong about things on this site? Its a great resource but can be a negative cesspool at the same time.
mbw479
6/4/2022 10:44pm
Peak ping was ping as a guest host on pulpmx.
8tensolutions
6/4/2022 10:46pm
mbw479 wrote:
I agree. I wish they would mend that fence.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
6/4/2022 11:37pm
mbw479 wrote:
I agree. I wish they would mend that fence.
Agree when him and Steve were good it was awesome

I don’t see that bridge being mended anytime soon tho
MO 23
6/5/2022 2:18am
MO 23 wrote:
McG194 wrote:

Keyword - Mainstream.
If you get cancer, what do you think has more success with treatment? “Mainstream science” such as Chemotherapy, immunotherapy and radiation, or squirting coffee up your arse and all of the other “alternative” treatments?

I’ll keep listening to experts with real research.
6/5/2022 3:34am
Does anyone remember how he often would talk shit about Vital and it’s users before he joined the Vital team? Constantly calling users “Vitards” then he...

thewrizzle wrote:
That’s a pretty common theme from nearly everyone. How often was he wrong about things on this site? Its a great resource but can be a...
That’s a pretty common theme from nearly everyone. How often was he wrong about things on this site? Its a great resource but can be a negative cesspool at the same time.
Right. Vital and us "Vitards" get bashed everywhere. I might be bias, having been on here over a decade, but I think Vital isn't anywhere near as negative as fans on FB, Twitter, etc. I stopped going on FB altogether I couldn't take it.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
6/5/2022 4:05am
MO 23 wrote:
McG194 wrote:

Keyword - Mainstream.
It absolutely is made to be questioned... with better, provable, repeatable evidence.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
6/5/2022 4:10am
McG194 wrote:

MO 23 wrote:
McG194 wrote:

While that may have been true for lead/cigarettes, I think you're greatly overestimating those percentages.

Ps, where can my biologist girlfriend get one of those "forge results for boatloads of money" jobs? I want a new bike.
gt80rider
6/5/2022 6:37am

Keyword - Mainstream.
The modern day church of science- just another trap for those that won't believe in religion.... modern day science is used Against us....
Markus422
6/5/2022 9:45am
Honestly I just want to see Pings bike reviews. I really respect his opinions about bike setup, reviews, technique, etc. The more controversial stuff and opinions on state of the sport/world I kind of take his opinion in the same way I take Rynos (not saying he’s to thattttt degree but you get it lol). I hope he still does bike tests/builds
MaxPower
6/10/2022 7:01am
Ping is among my very favorite moto characters. I'm happy he is part of my sport and I support both his views and work.

Post a reply to: What happen to ping?

The Latest