What handlebar bend does GG/KTM/Husky use?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/25/2021 6:47 AM

Wanting something 15mm taller, but don't know what to compare it to. GG is no help, Neken doesn't answer emails, don't see it on the various bar websites.

Anyone know?

|

IG and YouTube @black_dog_moto

Manufacturing titanium seat brackets for YZ 125 and 250. PM on Vital or IG for more info!

3/25/2021 6:56 AM

Height on stock ktm bar is 87mm

|

3/25/2021 6:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2021 7:01 AM

Renthal’s McGrath bend is the same as the stock KTM bend 16+

Husqvarna’s stock bend is available through pro taper in the evo line

|

3/25/2021 7:02 AM

Renthal also has a bar comparison tool on their website

|

3/25/2021 7:08 AM

Looks like the henry/reed bend is what I'm looking for. Thanks everyone.

|

IG and YouTube @black_dog_moto

Manufacturing titanium seat brackets for YZ 125 and 250. PM on Vital or IG for more info!

3/25/2021 8:28 AM

Black Dog Moto wrote:

Looks like the henry/reed bend is what I'm looking for. Thanks everyone.

My favorite! I’ve just switched to the fatbar36, and highly recommend them, unless you are a crossbar dude

|

3/25/2021 8:39 AM

soggy wrote:

Height on stock ktm bar is 87mm

Uhm on what year? That's the Yamaha stock height and the KTM bars are way lower.

|

3/25/2021 9:13 AM

soggy wrote:

Height on stock ktm bar is 87mm

Lynch wrote:

Uhm on what year? That's the Yamaha stock height and the KTM bars are way lower.

Thoughts that’s what I saw on the pro taper site. Stock husky is 80

|

3/25/2021 9:18 AM

Rockstar Husky is running Pro Taper Fusion in the SX bend. I've been running that bar for a few seasons now and I love it because it is a bit taller and has very little sweep. I like a taller bar but not Honda high stuff and I want my bars pretty straight sweep wise the Pro Taper SX bend checks those boxes for me.

|

3/25/2021 9:20 AM

Photo
|

3/25/2021 9:46 AM

Black Dog Moto wrote:

Wanting something 15mm taller, but don't know what to compare it to. GG is no help, Neken doesn't answer emails, don't see it ...more

The stock KTM bend is around 77mm in height and the Pro Taper on the Husky is around 80 so I'd think the Gas Gas bar is close to that. They also use bars with minimal sweep, the Pro taper is 51mm and I think the stock KTM bar is close to that. Be careful going too tall, I'm 6'1 and I like a low bar on those bikes. I ran higher bars for years and it hurt my cornering. The SX Race Pro Taper is a good neutral bend like Digger said. I like that bar as well.

|

3/25/2021 10:19 AM

soggy wrote:

Height on stock ktm bar is 87mm

Lynch wrote:

Uhm on what year? That's the Yamaha stock height and the KTM bars are way lower.

soggy wrote:

Thoughts that’s what I saw on the pro taper site. Stock husky is 80

Yep and KTM bars are as low or lower.

|

3/25/2021 10:28 AM

Could always try 10/15mm bar spacers if you like the bend on there now?

|

3/25/2021 11:01 AM

TyRod wrote:

Could always try 10/15mm bar spacers if you like the bend on there now?

Who sells those spacers?

|

3/25/2021 11:07 AM

TyRod wrote:

Could always try 10/15mm bar spacers if you like the bend on there now?

DLP600 wrote:

Who sells those spacers?

I bought actual KTM brand from RMATVMC in 10mm. Enduro Engineering sells them as well and are stackable and I believe you can get the 15mm rise from them. Kris Keefer does a video on bar risers as well and recommends using them with lower bars to get the height you need over taller bars. I have the lower KTM bars on mine and was able to get the risers for around $35.00 as opposed to getting new bars for a $100 since mine weren't bent. Works good for me.

|

3/25/2021 12:04 PM

TyRod wrote:

Could always try 10/15mm bar spacers if you like the bend on there now?

DLP600 wrote:

Who sells those spacers?

TyRod wrote:

I bought actual KTM brand from RMATVMC in 10mm. Enduro Engineering sells them as well and are stackable and I believe you can ...more

Thanks

|

3/25/2021 2:31 PM

soggy wrote:

Height on stock ktm bar is 87mm

Nooo, ktm is 811, 79, 51mm. Husky is 80.

|

3/25/2021 3:14 PM

Black Dog Moto wrote:

Looks like the henry/reed bend is what I'm looking for. Thanks everyone.

I have a Pro Taper Henry/Reed bend I’m selling. $60. Message me if you’re interested.

|

3/25/2021 3:17 PM

Digger29 wrote:

Rockstar Husky is running Pro Taper Fusion in the SX bend. I've been running that bar for a few seasons now and I love it ...more

As in the team? Anderson runs his own custom bend and Wilson runs either the Anderson bend or the SX race bend. The Anderson bend has been made available from pro taper.

Zacho runs his own custom setup with smaller diameter grips.

|

3/25/2021 7:56 PM

https://www.renthal.com/worksfit/

Awesome feature on the Renthal website. Select your current bar, then pick a renthal bend and it’ll give you an overlay comparing them...

|

3/25/2021 7:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/25/2021 8:15 PM

I think the stock KTM bar is the best bend I have ever tried. Will be running it on all my bikes from now on...

Edit: A simple look into the Parts Unlimited booked yielded the specs of the KTM bar....

813 wide
78 height
42 rise
54 sweep

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

3/26/2021 3:59 AM

The bars on my friends 19 FC350 are sweet. I liked the bend a lot and immediately felt comfortable on that bike.

|

3/30/2021 7:17 AM

countyfireman wrote:

I have a Pro Taper Henry/Reed bend I’m selling. $60. Message me if you’re interested.

Sent message a few days ago, don't know if you got it or not.

|

IG and YouTube @black_dog_moto

Manufacturing titanium seat brackets for YZ 125 and 250. PM on Vital or IG for more info!

3/30/2021 7:35 AM

I have used the stock GG/KTM bend and also the Protaper Husky bend cut down to 803mm. I like the KTM bend better, but I don't see how I can even tell the difference if it is 2mm lower and 3mm more sweep (actually more than 3mm since I didn't cut the KTM bar down). Can most people feel 2mm lower? I am thinking I should try something even lower?

I don't see the Anderson bend on the Protaper site. Does anyone know what it measures? Looks like the RC bend is the closest to KTM stock.

I wish there was a way to tell what worked other than buying and trying.

|

3/30/2021 11:24 AM

wrc777 wrote:

I have used the stock GG/KTM bend and also the Protaper Husky bend cut down to 803mm. I like the KTM bend better, but I don't ...more

I emailed and asked them what bend Anderson was running because I liked the bend from looking at them on his bike. They replied that he's using his own bend so I called them and asked for 2 pr of Anderson bend Fuzion bars. This is my first pr and the other pr is on my GasGas. Photo
Photo

|

5/12/2021 12:21 AM

Digger29 wrote:

I emailed and asked them what bend Anderson was running because I liked the bend from looking at them on his bike. They ...more

Thats awesome, how does the bend feel? I will try to get that bend too.

|

5/12/2021 6:25 AM

wrc777 wrote:

I have used the stock GG/KTM bend and also the Protaper Husky bend cut down to 803mm. I like the KTM bend better, but I don't ...more

Digger29 wrote:

I emailed and asked them what bend Anderson was running because I liked the bend from looking at them on his bike. They ...more

sandarne wrote:

Thats awesome, how does the bend feel? I will try to get that bend too.

I love the flat and very straight bend to them. I've been running this bend for the past 3 seasons.

|

5/12/2021 6:39 AM

Digger29 wrote:

I emailed and asked them what bend Anderson was running because I liked the bend from looking at them on his bike. They ...more

sandarne wrote:

Thats awesome, how does the bend feel? I will try to get that bend too.

Digger29 wrote:

I love the flat and very straight bend to them. I've been running this bend for the past 3 seasons.

Any idea what it measures?

|

5/12/2021 6:42 AM

sandarne wrote:

Thats awesome, how does the bend feel? I will try to get that bend too.

Digger29 wrote:

I love the flat and very straight bend to them. I've been running this bend for the past 3 seasons.

wrc777 wrote:

Any idea what it measures?

No idea. Email Pro Taper like I did and they'll hook you up.

|

5/12/2021 12:40 PM

I’ve always ran the factory Suzuki/ Ktm stock pro taper, not sure what year ktm they are based on? Fairly high with not a lot of sweep back, I’m 6”2 and they fit me perfect. I find flatter bars make the biggest difference over height.

|