What exactly happened to Anderson?

Edited Date/Time 3/16/2022 10:15pm
It wasn't clear...

So the first crash was a front tuck, didnt look too dramatic and he got up pretty quick to make you think he was perfectly ok.

Then phase 2, he looked to just ride off the track & looked to be winded or in pain pretty bad.

Did he ring his bell hard?
Did he injure his left shoulder?

Whats up with him?
|
chump6784
3/13/2022 12:34am
When they first showed him sitting on the side of the track after his second crash he was kind of looking around, to me he looked dazed and concussed. Then seeing the relay of his first crash followed by him remounting only to ride into the tuff blocks to me confirms a concussion
3/13/2022 1:05am
Yep! Good hit on the temple and that‘s it.

First thing I thought was: Damn, I need to replace my Airoh with something more modern in design.
3/13/2022 1:16am Edited Date/Time 3/13/2022 1:18am
Slow speed whack to the side of the head. I’ve gone out twice like that. My guess anyway.
Side impacts to the head are pretty dangerous and luckily he was wearing a helmet.

Your head has more fluid to cushion your brain in front/ rear impacts. The sides of the head do not and simple side impacts can have devastating consequences.

The Shop

Juck
Fantasy
330th
3/13/2022 1:31am Edited Date/Time 3/16/2022 10:15pm
#434 wrote:
Yep! Good hit on the temple and that‘s it. First thing I thought was: Damn, I need to replace my Airoh with something more modern in...

First thing I thought was: Damn, I need to replace my Airoh with something more modern in design.
The new Airoh is an excellent helmet in terms of protection imo
flarider
3/13/2022 1:35am
Like a fighter who got hit on the button....
SX_336
3/13/2022 3:13am
#434 wrote:
Yep! Good hit on the temple and that‘s it. First thing I thought was: Damn, I need to replace my Airoh with something more modern in...

Juck wrote:
I’ve looked at 3 lists so far for the safest MX helmets and the Airoh isn’t in the top 10 on any of the lists.
Crush
3/13/2022 4:20am
I hope he’s ok. That gave me the creeps watching what seemed like an innocent crash and then he just sorta fell over and wasn’t with it talking to the medic.
Juck
Fantasy
330th
3/13/2022 4:32am
#434 wrote:

Juck wrote:
SX_336 wrote:
I’ve looked at 3 lists so far for the safest MX helmets and the Airoh isn’t in the top 10 on any of the lists.
Did the list look like this:

1: Brand we're sponsored by/sell
2: Brand we're sponsored by/sell
3: Brand we're sponsored by/sell
4: Brand we're sponsored by/sell
5: Brand we're sponsored by/sell
6: Brand we're sponsored by/sell
7: Brand we're sponsored by/sell
8: Brand we're sponsored by/sell
9: Brand we're sponsored by/sell
10: Brand we're sponsored by/sell

Or did it look more like this:

1: Popular helmet with a description that was copy and pasted from the manufacturer's website
2: Popular helmet with a description that was copy and pasted from the manufacturer's website
3: Popular helmet with a description that was copy and pasted from the manufacturer's website
4: Popular helmet with a description that was copy and pasted from the manufacturer's website
5: Popular helmet with a description that was copy and pasted from the manufacturer's website
6: Popular helmet with a description that was copy and pasted from the manufacturer's website
7: Popular helmet with a description that was copy and pasted from the manufacturer's website
8: Popular helmet with a description that was copy and pasted from the manufacturer's website
9: Popular helmet with a description that was copy and pasted from the manufacturer's website
10: Popular helmet with a description that was copy and pasted from the manufacturer's website

Most lists like those are put together in a short amount of time with very little/no research into the protective qualities of the helmets. They usually serve as advertising and they're presented as a list instead of a ranking. Also if you're reading an American list they're highly unlikely to include the Airoh because as far as I'm aware even the new Aviator 3 is not DOT certified and as a result they're not sold in the USA. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
3/13/2022 4:56am
Juck wrote:
SX_336 wrote:
Juck wrote:
Did the list look like this: 1: Brand we're sponsored by/sell 2: Brand we're sponsored by/sell 3: Brand we're sponsored by/sell 4: Brand we're sponsored by/sell...

1: Popular helmet with a description that was copy and pasted from the manufacturer's website
2: Popular helmet with a description that was copy and pasted from the manufacturer's website
3: Popular helmet with a description that was copy and pasted from the manufacturer's website
4: Popular helmet with a description that was copy and pasted from the manufacturer's website
5: Popular helmet with a description that was copy and pasted from the manufacturer's website
6: Popular helmet with a description that was copy and pasted from the manufacturer's website
7: Popular helmet with a description that was copy and pasted from the manufacturer's website
8: Popular helmet with a description that was copy and pasted from the manufacturer's website
9: Popular helmet with a description that was copy and pasted from the manufacturer's website
10: Popular helmet with a description that was copy and pasted from the manufacturer's website

Most lists like those are put together in a short amount of time with very little/no research into the protective qualities of the helmets. They usually serve as advertising and they're presented as a list instead of a ranking. Also if you're reading an American list they're highly unlikely to include the Airoh because as far as I'm aware even the new Aviator 3 is not DOT certified and as a result they're not sold in the USA. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Ahh yes the Italians. Known for their technical achievements in…helmet safety?

Sorry bro but you will never convince me that Jason/Justin wouldn’t have been better off in a 6D ATR-2 or a Fly Formula.
davis224
Fantasy
138th
3/13/2022 5:18am
Concussion definitely wasn't on my mind watching him when he was sitting on the side of the track, to me it looked like he may have been favoring his hand. But in the replay when he got back on the bike he grabbed his bike fine. Guess we'll find out, but I was pretty confused when he started taking his helmet off and walking away.
ajk423
3/13/2022 5:31am
I'm sure we'll find out in a week or so like it's the 90s when Jason says himself. God forbid a journalist be persistent and dig and ask the right people the right questions
Juck
Fantasy
330th
3/13/2022 6:47am Edited Date/Time 3/13/2022 6:57am
SX_336 wrote:
Juck wrote:
Did the list look like this: 1: Brand we're sponsored by/sell 2: Brand we're sponsored by/sell 3: Brand we're sponsored by/sell 4: Brand we're sponsored by/sell...

Ahh yes the Italians. Known for their technical achievements in…helmet safety? Sorry bro but you will never convince me that Jason/Justin wouldn’t have been better off...
Ahh yes the Italians. Known for their technical achievements in…helmet safety?

Sorry bro but you will never convince me that Jason/Justin wouldn’t have been better off in a 6D ATR-2 or a Fly Formula.
The Airoh AMS² system is similar in concept to the ODS system in the 6D ATR-2, sort of a lite version of it

Also what does the country that the brand is from have to do with it? By extension are Alpinestars and Just1 also bad helmets?
str8line
3/13/2022 6:51am
To me it looked like he was lucid with a "oh fuck there goes my title chance" look on his face. And when he picked his bike up he didn't use his left arm to lift it. My guess is it's a shoulder.
kb228
3/13/2022 6:59am
My vitalmx medical opinion says he broke a collarbone
3/13/2022 7:09am
I hope he’s ok and I’m curious if he‘s hit his head or hurt his shoulder. Looked like he rung his bell.
My Airoh is an Aviator 2. That’s a ‚dumb‘ helmet compared to the newer double density, MIPS or similar equipped helmet. I’m probably going with a Fly Formula, if it fits me.
RaceFace58
3/13/2022 7:19am
str8line wrote:
To me it looked like he was lucid with a "oh fuck there goes my title chance" look on his face. And when he picked his...
To me it looked like he was lucid with a "oh fuck there goes my title chance" look on his face. And when he picked his bike up he didn't use his left arm to lift it. My guess is it's a shoulder.
My guess is rung bell since he rode down the track and kinda just faded off into the tuff blocks like a drunk driver. Never saw him doing anything shoulder related as he sat on the ground, rotating his arm, holding his shoulder. Still Just a guess though.
Francis377
3/13/2022 7:21am
Aren’t all these helmets produced in the same chinese sweatshop anyways?
skankhunt69
3/13/2022 7:24am
It kinda just looks like he got up to quick after rocking his head probably just got light headed and passed out very common with a head impact like that.
Juck
Fantasy
330th
3/13/2022 7:32am
Francis377 wrote:
Aren’t all these helmets produced in the same chinese sweatshop anyways?
That's not relevant to the level of protection they provide but the Airoh is made in Italy fwiw
brocster
3/13/2022 7:35am
Looked like all head injury to me.
motosmith
3/13/2022 7:51am
Watching the replay of the first crash. Looks like he's lights-out for a split second. Snaps back to reality pretty quick.
TDeath21
3/13/2022 7:53am
Ground was hard. Side shot to the head. Didn’t look like his shoulder hit first like riders obviously try to do. Scary.
Hank_Thrill
3/13/2022 8:15am Edited Date/Time 3/13/2022 8:16am
It was a hard slam in one of those full phone videos someone recorded of the main. It simply looked like he lost his balance and hit a tuff block after getting going again. Maybe someone can find the vid.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
3/13/2022 8:30am
Fwiw, I dislicated my shoulder in a crash just like that once. Elbow out, bike goes down quick, and your elbow hits turf and goes sideways over your head. Pop! Out comes the humerus bone.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
3/13/2022 8:37am
TDeath21 wrote:
Ground was hard. Side shot to the head. Didn’t look like his shoulder hit first like riders obviously try to do. Scary.
I saw Erik Kehoe do this exact same thing, but he got knocked out for a couple minutes and didn’t remember anything from that day. Still doesn’t remember being there…
GateDropGoGo
3/13/2022 10:41am
Deceptive crash...lawn dart special, it was a hard hit....you can literally see the imprint in the dirt where his body and head slammed if you pause it right after the crash.
Goggles askew, robotic, kinda instinctual and clumsy when picking up bike, then what happened next....my official medical diagnosis and report is that his bell got rung.
We just saw Hampshire taking a dirt nap on the track and return to racing the very next weekend, and El Hombre is now only 42 points back....
DonM
3/13/2022 10:53am
He fell down got up and fell down again….until we have an official word we really have nothing…I personally couldn’t see what it was by watching the replays…it could even be as simple as a bent rotor…

Post a reply to: What exactly happened to Anderson?

The Latest