What does Honda do?

hamncheeze
2/25/2018 10:03am
What is the MCR relationship with Honda this year? Last year they were doing pictures and riding at the Honda track and Honda made a point of including them in their pre-season media. This year I did not see anything like that, so it is hard to know exactly how the relationship is between them. If MCR feels slightly snubbed by Honda then I doubt Genova will be keen to hand over Brayton or Friese. He's supposed to have 3 guys on the track, already down Weimer.

Assuming no MCR rider fills in, then Honda should give Ben Lamay a shot. He's making mains every week, why not? They have given support to Freddy Noren before in these situations, and in Supercross at least Ben is a way better rider than Freddy (no disrespect). And then for the east coast races have Craig ride the 450, for the west coast races have Jmart on the 450. For the E-W shootouts I guess just have Lamay on the bike. Or Adam Enticknap could be given some consideration, but Lamay seems like a better bet to be consistently in the main.

This year sucks, last 3 weekends we have lost Bogle, Weimer, Roczen, Barcia, Grant, Aray, Seely. SEVEN main event guys from earlier in the series. I know some years are worse than others but the rapid accumulation here is awful. I hope some 250 teams keep letting guys move up. Like if Oldenburg is healthy enough, put him on Barcia's bike for a couple of rounds. Obviously Plessinger is risky.

Anyway, if I'm Marvin (2nd in points behind JA21 now) I am starting to research voodoo spell breakers, and I'm definitely avoiding walking under ladders and crossing paths with black cats
toomanykaws
2/25/2018 10:10am
Honda didn't think RC would still have it after missing SX 04 season after knee surgery. Didn't offer up much faith in him for future years. So he went out and 24-0 the MX season as his parting gift to Honda. Roger was glad to have Ricky. Said thanks Honda.
Put Jmart and Craig on the 450s for a few rounds
FahQ
2/25/2018 10:12am
What about Ronnie Mac?
Guaranteed media attention, he'd probably race for a couple cases of PBR.
Put some of those there factory suspenders on that wild stallion!
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
2/25/2018 10:15am
Well Ken will be ready for outdoors, but Cole’s out till at least next SX season.

Can’t imagine HRC running the Outdoors w/ one guy.
Cite your source on Seely being out for the rest of the year.
He won’t be lining up at Hangtown, you can bet on that !!
No need to post my source either

The Shop

Racer111
2/25/2018 10:24am
Well Ken will be ready for outdoors, but Cole’s out till at least next SX season.

Can’t imagine HRC running the Outdoors w/ one guy.
Cite your source on Seely being out for the rest of the year.
Why does he need to cite a source? Unless you’re Just not thinking, you realize he’s done for the year. 8-10 weeks before he can WALK!! So he’s just going to kick off in 10 weeks for the outdoors with no testing, no riding and completely out of shape from zero cardio?

Or he starts riding in 12 weeks and jumps out there fresh off injury racing for what? You’re out of the Outdoor Championship. Why race and risk injury?

Use your head. It will do you good.
Brent
2/25/2018 11:26am
JS7, stamp it!
langhammx wrote:
Please..... Let it go..... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/02/24/245948/s1200_image.jpg[/img] He's bigger (a round) than Malcolm
Please..... Let it go.....

He's bigger (a round) than Malcolm
WTF? That guy on the left ate James Stewart?
OMG he is SO done with racing.
mb60
2/25/2018 12:04pm
Jeremy Martin is done in the 250 class indoors. Geico has 3 riders on the east coast anyways. Put J Mart on it and see what can do the rest of the way.
mxjon454
2/25/2018 12:17pm
They should apologize to Ricky...maybe that will end the red curse.
Red141 wrote:
I thought it was Ricky's choice to leave Honda and that they even offered more money than Suzuki?
Honda didnt offer RC a contract for '05 early on in '04, so he signed with Suzuki in like April of '04. Then he went 24-0 outdoors and honda started kicking themselves. Im not sure if he wouldve been able to do what he did in sx in '05 on the Honda though. That Suzuki worked way better then his Honda ever did IMO.
kiwifan
2/25/2018 12:50pm
aeffertz wrote:
Maybe they pay MCR to let Brayton ride their bike. I could see Craig doing it too!
They could do, at least Justin wont have to kick the bike over.... Smile
2/25/2018 1:58pm
JAFO92 wrote:
FMATB

* Fastest man at the buffet
This had me rolling around in a fit of giggles...

Brilliant!!
PJRAUS
2/25/2018 2:10pm
Todd Waters from Australia is already training for his attempt at the AMA nationals this year.
He already has some kind of Honda support ,perhaps HRC will consider him as a fill in at the nationals
OldYZRider1
2/25/2018 2:22pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2018 3:45pm
They're telling, er...petitioning the AMA to return to two strokes. They had better and more consistent results; even had ther top riders complete their seasons. Sorry Mr. Honda.
2/25/2018 2:23pm
FahQ wrote:
What about Ronnie Mac? Guaranteed media attention, he'd probably race for a couple cases of PBR. Put some of those there factory suspenders on that wild...
What about Ronnie Mac?
Hes got the speed, i don't know how well he'd mesh with a 4 stroke though.
doghouse
2/25/2018 2:35pm
FahQ wrote:
What about Ronnie Mac? Guaranteed media attention, he'd probably race for a couple cases of PBR. Put some of those there factory suspenders on that wild...
What about Ronnie Mac?
Kx125rider wrote:
Put him on a CR250 and let him fly brother
motogrady
2/25/2018 2:43pm
FahQ wrote:
What about Ronnie Mac?
Kx125rider wrote:
doghouse wrote:
Put him on a CR250 and let him fly brother

I thought I saw somewhere him saying no more SX for him.

What about Hansen?
Didn't he say he's 100%?
Apparently his ride just evaporated.

He'd mesh with the guys at Red pretty good. No?

Laughing
FI2T
2/25/2018 2:58pm
Focus on selling these...

Maybe add a couple more mufflers on the four strokes. Some tips like these?

In all seriousness, I hope Ken and Cole heal up quickly.

mark_swart
2/25/2018 10:49pm
mb60 wrote:
Jeremy Martin is done in the 250 class indoors. Geico has 3 riders on the east coast anyways. Put J Mart on it and see what...
Jeremy Martin is done in the 250 class indoors. Geico has 3 riders on the east coast anyways. Put J Mart on it and see what can do the rest of the way.
Yep, totally agree!

They would get a lot of PR if they brought Reed in as well.
swtwtwtw
2/25/2018 11:06pm
Martin and craig
2/25/2018 11:34pm
Word on the street, Larocco took his (business) shirt off and is lining up on a factory bike after last weekend and Reed matching his start record with Izzy on the spanners. Stamp it.
pmshortt2
2/26/2018 3:07am
JS7, stamp it!
langhammx wrote:
Please..... Let it go..... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/02/24/245948/s1200_image.jpg[/img] He's bigger (a round) than Malcolm

Brent wrote:
This is what happens when super pumped Dungey pile drives you into the dirt and destroys your career comeback. No apology or anything, but he’s such a nice guy. He just crushed our favorite riders dreams, that’s all.
RussB
Fantasy
866th
2/26/2018 3:15am
Did you guys not hear?
Larocco is making a come back to reclaim the All Time SX Starts title.

That Honda has his name all over it
robkinuk
2/26/2018 3:16am
langhammx wrote:

Brent wrote:
pmshortt2 wrote:
This is what happens when super pumped Dungey pile drives you into the dirt and destroys your career comeback. No apology or anything, but he’s such...
This is what happens when super pumped Dungey pile drives you into the dirt and destroys your career comeback. No apology or anything, but he’s such a nice guy. He just crushed our favorite riders dreams, that’s all.
What a load of crap. So Dungey is now responsible for JS piling on the pounds???Woohoo
Is this the post Trump American attitude, " it's always some one else's fault??Blink
DoctorJD
2/26/2018 4:51am
langhammx wrote:

Brent wrote:
pmshortt2 wrote:
This is what happens when super pumped Dungey pile drives you into the dirt and destroys your career comeback. No apology or anything, but he’s such...
Please tell me you're just trolling. You can't actually be that stupid.
Donovan759
2/26/2018 5:21am

Figured I'd add to the stupidity in this thread.

This just in, Uncle Ronnie turns down a deal from Honda. #NotFakeNews
danman
2/26/2018 7:28am
JMart(Most likely out of the c-ship on the east), Craig, or call Andrew Short. I bet he'd still make the mains! He's a crowd favorite too.
Mike Alessi could still make the mains as well.
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
2/26/2018 7:30am
If they were smart they would pluck Mike Alessi from the second tier series up north and get him testing for the outdoor Nats
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
2/26/2018 7:35am Edited Date/Time 2/26/2018 7:37am
Brent wrote:
pmshortt2 wrote:
robkinuk wrote:
What a load of crap. So Dungey is now responsible for JS piling on the pounds???:woohoo: Is this the post Trump American attitude, " it's always...
What a load of crap. So Dungey is now responsible for JS piling on the pounds???Woohoo
Is this the post Trump American attitude, " it's always some one else's fault??Blink
Why bring up our President in a Moto thread? I would take him over that skanky head of State you have to deal with
GrapeApe
Fantasy
806th
2/26/2018 7:49am
pmshortt2 wrote:
robkinuk wrote:
What a load of crap. So Dungey is now responsible for JS piling on the pounds???:woohoo: Is this the post Trump American attitude, " it's always...
KennyT wrote:
Why bring up our President in a Moto thread? I would take him over that skanky head of State you have to deal with
You two should head over to non-moto to play with the rest of the simpletons, and stay there

Post a reply to: What does Honda do?

The Latest