What does Decoster have against James?

reagan
7/28/2012 9:45pm
roger expects everyone on the team to race and do exactly what he says. James could care less about roger and will race the way he wants to. roger will look at this as some one who is not a team player .roger wants villopoto to go to the mxon as his A plan (this way he and ktm can make thier big signing announcement at the event). his B plan will be barcia .
7/30/2012 9:30am
MXDN is an exhibition event, designed to be a good time and attract a bunch of people to hang out and watch. Considering that, Stewart should be there, he moves the needle and gets people out to events. Treating MXDN like it's some serious event that must be won and requires strategy is laughable. You could send 3 guys from mid-pack AMA and the US would still win, but to get people out to watch, they should send Stewart.

The whole thing is ridiculous, the coach of the US team isn't even from the US.
7/30/2012 9:39am
Xeno wrote:
James doesn't win championships for DeCoster- he takes championships from DeCoster.
Touche.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
7/30/2012 10:07am
MXDN is an exhibition event, designed to be a good time and attract a bunch of people to hang out and watch. Considering that, Stewart should...
MXDN is an exhibition event, designed to be a good time and attract a bunch of people to hang out and watch. Considering that, Stewart should be there, he moves the needle and gets people out to events. Treating MXDN like it's some serious event that must be won and requires strategy is laughable. You could send 3 guys from mid-pack AMA and the US would still win, but to get people out to watch, they should send Stewart.

The whole thing is ridiculous, the coach of the US team isn't even from the US.
I pray you are fishing cause if not this post is filled with so much ignorance...

The Shop

DavidR
7/30/2012 10:30am
Xeno wrote:
James doesn't win championships for DeCoster- he takes championships from DeCoster.
Touche.
By this rational, why did Roger pick RV last year after RV "took" two titles from him in 2011 and why would Roger ever pick RV now that he's "taken" 3 titles from him in 1.5 years? It's taken RV 4 years in the big bike class to "take" the same number of titles from Roger as James has "taken" from him in 8 years. Try harder.
7/30/2012 11:15am
Xeno wrote:
Touche.
DavidR wrote:
By this rational, why did Roger pick RV last year after RV "took" two titles from him in 2011 and why would Roger ever pick RV...
By this rational, why did Roger pick RV last year after RV "took" two titles from him in 2011 and why would Roger ever pick RV now that he's "taken" 3 titles from him in 1.5 years? It's taken RV 4 years in the big bike class to "take" the same number of titles from Roger as James has "taken" from him in 8 years. Try harder.
I was stating why he favors his rider over Stewart. I would pick RV in a heartbeat too if I were decoster. Just saying why he doesn't like James, plus both there styles are totally different.
mellonhs
7/30/2012 1:00pm
anyone know when the teams will b picked for USA??
jndmx
7/30/2012 1:03pm
Last time James went to Taco Bell, he didn't get cinnamon twists for Roger.........banned for life from the Des Nations.
True story, heard it from an insider too, the drive thru guy.
mxgeoff
7/30/2012 1:14pm
rcm406 wrote:
I was reading RX bench racing about MXDN choices with Matthes and Weege and they kinda touch on it. I've seen in a couple of interviews...
I was reading RX bench racing about MXDN choices with Matthes and Weege and they kinda touch on it. I've seen in a couple of interviews with Decoster that he comes off as very negative toward James. Comments like he's up & down and RV is the only one I knew that would challange Dungey if he raced in the outdoors. Did he not see the 1st 2 races and he was on his way to another moto win when he crashed. Maybe I'm reading to much into it, but I don't think I've ever heard RD say anything positve about James. Just curious
Is seems like De Coster is somebody who doesn't like BS.........Just get in and get the job done. Villopoto, Dungey, Reed, RC, Rattray and so many others have that qualify, but Stewart seems like a different, a bit too cocky. His own room thing when he rode at Bercy really showed me something. Bercy is a cool place for the riders to hang out and talk to the fans, but James had himself blocked off from the fans. Life is too short to distance yourself from your roots and fans.
newmann
7/30/2012 1:33pm
The fact that this gem still exists requires me to bump it back to the top. You just can't make this stuff up! What does DeCoster have against James?LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Better yet, what did James have against Aldon?
TannerMxer
7/30/2012 2:17pm
newmann wrote:
The fact that this gem still exists requires me to bump it back to the top. You just can't make this stuff up! What does DeCoster...
The fact that this gem still exists requires me to bump it back to the top. You just can't make this stuff up! What does DeCoster have against James?LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

I could have sworn James said something along the lines of he knows what his body needs to compete at that level, and doesn't need to pay someone insane amounts of money to do so.

Can someone verify this?
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
7/30/2012 2:29pm
newmann wrote:
The fact that this gem still exists requires me to bump it back to the top. You just can't make this stuff up! What does DeCoster...

TannerMxer wrote:
I could have sworn James said something along the lines of he knows what his body needs to compete at that level, and doesn't need to...
I could have sworn James said something along the lines of he knows what his body needs to compete at that level, and doesn't need to pay someone insane amounts of money to do so.

Can someone verify this?
James said Aldon insisted on a tremendous amount of training on the road bicycle, and he prefers to spend that time on the dirt bike. Seeing that he was able to win the first 4 motos after not racing outdoors for 4 years Johnny O'mara must be doing a great job keeping him in shape.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
7/30/2012 2:38pm
reagan wrote:
roger expects everyone on the team to race and do exactly what he says. James could care less about roger and will race the way he...
roger expects everyone on the team to race and do exactly what he says. James could care less about roger and will race the way he wants to. roger will look at this as some one who is not a team player .roger wants villopoto to go to the mxon as his A plan (this way he and ktm can make thier big signing announcement at the event). his B plan will be barcia .
What a load of crap.
mellonhs
7/30/2012 2:48pm
newmann wrote:

TannerMxer wrote:
I could have sworn James said something along the lines of he knows what his body needs to compete at that level, and doesn't need to...

Can someone verify this?
gsxrcr28 wrote:
James said Aldon insisted on a tremendous amount of training on the road bicycle, and he prefers to spend that time on the dirt bike. Seeing...
James said Aldon insisted on a tremendous amount of training on the road bicycle, and he prefers to spend that time on the dirt bike. Seeing that he was able to win the first 4 motos after not racing outdoors for 4 years Johnny O'mara must be doing a great job keeping him in shape.
x2 but Rog is a hater for sure. You cant deny JS7s talent
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
7/30/2012 2:51pm
TannerMxer wrote:

Can someone verify this?
gsxrcr28 wrote:
James said Aldon insisted on a tremendous amount of training on the road bicycle, and he prefers to spend that time on the dirt bike. Seeing...
mellonhs wrote:
Stewart needs to prove he is healthy and back on form before Roger will pick him.
mellonhs
7/30/2012 3:17pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
mellonhs wrote:
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Stewart needs to prove he is healthy and back on form before Roger will pick him.
i agree here.... But if he doesnt pick him just cuz he doesnt lke him is BS its about getting the best the country has to offer. Not about how the coach/manager (or whatever) who isnt even from the USA doesnt like a specific rider. But yes he needs to prove he is healthy.
newmann
7/30/2012 3:18pm
TannerMxer wrote:

Can someone verify this?
gsxrcr28 wrote:
mellonhs wrote:
A hater? Bullshit.

I don't think anyone denies the fact that James can beat anybody on any given day (except maybe Everts) but you also can't deny the fact that he is always a yardsale in the making. As many times as that pile o shit Yami put James head in contact with mother earth, he could probably stand to take a little time off and properly heal up. I liked what I saw of him on the Suzuki, hopefully he'll be ready to bring it on full swing come A1
mellonhs
7/30/2012 3:23pm
newmann wrote:
A hater? Bullshit. I don't think anyone denies the fact that James can beat anybody on any given day (except maybe Everts) but you also can't...
A hater? Bullshit.

I don't think anyone denies the fact that James can beat anybody on any given day (except maybe Everts) but you also can't deny the fact that he is always a yardsale in the making. As many times as that pile o shit Yami put James head in contact with mother earth, he could probably stand to take a little time off and properly heal up. I liked what I saw of him on the Suzuki, hopefully he'll be ready to bring it on full swing come A1
I hope he rides the MEC myself Smile
mxgeoff
7/30/2012 3:33pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
mellonhs wrote:
newmann wrote:
A hater? Bullshit. I don't think anyone denies the fact that James can beat anybody on any given day (except maybe Everts) but you also can't...
A hater? Bullshit.

James record in Europe isn't that pretty. He seems to struggle on the slick euro circuits, although Lommel should suit his wide open style.
bigborefan
7/30/2012 4:43pm
Rog is a hater!..........LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

The day Vital jumped the shark.

Post a reply to: What does Decoster have against James?

The Latest