"What do you want me to say?"

wreckitrandy
You know he didn't want to be there right then. That's a tough spot. Putting on a smile and representing your sponsors while trying not to cuss.
|
ShawdowGlen
4/25/2021 8:49am
What pissed me off... they put him on before Malcolm who actually podiumed. Totally disrespected.

Fan of Ken, I blame this on the producers.
visser62
4/25/2021 9:02am
What pissed me off... they put him on before Malcolm who actually podiumed. Totally disrespected.

That pissed me off at first, too, but I wonder whether they just did that because they grabbed Ken last minute before he was gonna book it out of there. Maybe they didn't want to keep him waiting around for an interview he didn't want to do.
ShawdowGlen
4/25/2021 9:35am

visser62 wrote:
That pissed me off at first, too, but I wonder whether they just did that because they grabbed Ken last minute before he was gonna book...
That pissed me off at first, too, but I wonder whether they just did that because they grabbed Ken last minute before he was gonna book it out of there. Maybe they didn't want to keep him waiting around for an interview he didn't want to do.
Well then I would say that Ken should have pushed back and made sure Malcolm got his limelight first.

It's speculation either way. Still shitty for 27.

Mit12
4/25/2021 9:59am
Im glad they put Ken on first, that way we would not have the last interview of the night be whining Roczen! Malcolm is always a great interview so it was much better to close out with a positive.

The Shop

Ted722
4/25/2021 10:03am
If it bleeds, it leads. Roczen was a bigger story. Could have been before Marvin, Cooper, etc. doesn't matter.

Malcolm's interview was awesome and he sure put a smile on everyone's face to end the show. Looking forward to another great result from Malcolm next week!
TeamGreen
4/25/2021 10:05am
Ted722 wrote:
If it bleeds, it leads. Roczen was a bigger story. Could have been before Marvin, Cooper, etc. doesn't matter. Malcolm's interview was awesome and he sure...
If it bleeds, it leads. Roczen was a bigger story. Could have been before Marvin, Cooper, etc. doesn't matter.

Malcolm's interview was awesome and he sure put a smile on everyone's face to end the show. Looking forward to another great result from Malcolm next week!
Bingo!

I'd love to see Mookster get a start and "be in it" for the overall.
dboivin
4/25/2021 8:54pm
someone said malcolm was late to the podium because he was celebrating...thats why they grabbed ken. no biggie. mookie rode good and was celebrating all the way around. good for him.
Sully
4/25/2021 9:00pm
Said it in the other thread, but there's a lot of people on here butthurt on Mookie's behalf. He didn't look bothered at all based off of the ear to ear grin he had on his face, and the crowd noise.
ctbale
4/25/2021 9:01pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2021 9:03pm
I was wondering why Kenny even agreed to the interview. Yea, I get he wants to be loyal to his fans, but jesus christ that was painful to watch.

Still smiling thinking about Mook's interview, that dude cracks me up!!!!!
Mavetism
4/25/2021 9:12pm
ctbale wrote:
I was wondering why Kenny even agreed to the interview. Yea, I get he wants to be loyal to his fans, but jesus christ that was...
I was wondering why Kenny even agreed to the interview. Yea, I get he wants to be loyal to his fans, but jesus christ that was painful to watch.

I don't think they have a choice and get fined if they refuse to give Interviews, no?
Remember AC post race Interview at Vegas 2019 after losing the 250 championship to Ferrandis? That was really really painful to watch aswell.
kpiper
4/25/2021 9:40pm Edited Date/Time 4/25/2021 9:41pm
Remember how they grabbed Tomac right after he tossed it away at East Rutherford? Seems like they are required to do the interview but who knows?

That Tomac interview is what I thought of watching Kenny.
CPR
4/25/2021 10:06pm

Of course the riders feel obligated to give an interview and grabbing a rider straight up while emotions are still high, is a good tactic to gain some entertaining insight. Did Roczen want to do it? Probably not, but it did show how frustrated he’s got to be feeling right now.
Do any of you seriously think Mookie was upset he had to wait an extra minute for his first ever 450 podium while they talked to someone who is/ was in the championship fight?!
How easily some people are offended is becoming ridiculous.
norcal racer
4/25/2021 10:29pm
He actually said it after Atlanta 3 too in the dirt shark video.. don’t blame him tho
captmoto
4/25/2021 11:08pm
Mavetism wrote:
I don't think they have a choice and get fined if they refuse to give Interviews, no? Remember AC post race Interview at Vegas 2019 after...
I don't think they have a choice and get fined if they refuse to give Interviews, no?
Remember AC post race Interview at Vegas 2019 after losing the 250 championship to Ferrandis? That was really really painful to watch aswell.
I thought the riders back to 5th needed to be available, guess not. That was painful to watch Roczen try to get through that. I actually wish they would have left him alone.
EngIceDave
4/26/2021 4:43am
His job is to do those interviews, good or bad.

They want to put a camera in your face, you do your job.

What would y'all be saying if he told producers to fuck off?
H4L
4/26/2021 6:43am
That was tough to watch.. Rooting for him in the outdoor nationals if he decides to give it a go. For a guy who sustained the arm injuries he did & make it back to a championship contender is admirable. Mad respect K-roc !
Hank_Thrill
4/26/2021 8:08am Edited Date/Time 4/26/2021 8:08am
You men are too sensitive. I was hoping Ken would win this title. However, it was a big night as far as the championship goes, so why on earth would they not interview a championship contender?

In any other sport, when there is a championship game they usually at least have a quick interview with the losing coach. They knew he wouldn't be in the post race press conference, so they had to talk to him sometime. Maybe I'm missing something here.

ShawdowGlen
4/26/2021 8:58am

CPR wrote:
Of course the riders feel obligated to give an interview and grabbing a rider straight up while emotions are still high, is a good tactic to...
Of course the riders feel obligated to give an interview and grabbing a rider straight up while emotions are still high, is a good tactic to gain some entertaining insight. Did Roczen want to do it? Probably not, but it did show how frustrated he’s got to be feeling right now.
Do any of you seriously think Mookie was upset he had to wait an extra minute for his first ever 450 podium while they talked to someone who is/ was in the championship fight?!
How easily some people are offended is becoming ridiculous.
LOL....you don't know me at all. I am not one who is easily offended. My comment is about respect...I guess that's an "old-school" thing lost on society today. Pushing drama as entertainment seems to be the new norm.

Sorry....but I disagree. Ken did not belong onscreen before any podium rider.

ShawdowGlen
4/26/2021 9:01am
EngIceDave wrote:
His job is to do those interviews, good or bad. They want to put a camera in your face, you do your job. What would y'all...
His job is to do those interviews, good or bad.

They want to put a camera in your face, you do your job.

What would y'all be saying if he told producers to fuck off?
You are right...you have to do the interviews....but it did not belong before any of the podium finishers....period.
wreckitrandy
4/26/2021 9:10am
May as well pull the whole thread down Gibby. It was mission accomplished anyway!
ZOBITO
4/28/2021 10:20pm Edited Date/Time 4/28/2021 10:20pm
"I'm losing but it's not important since I've got a great family life!"
4/28/2021 10:27pm
Ken is Ken....still managed to blame his setup in the interview. Some things never change.
jonesaustin
4/29/2021 7:18am
Ken is Ken....still managed to blame his setup in the interview. Some things never change.
We’re pretty tough on these guys, he has to go through the reasons. Maybe the settings weren’t where they needed them to be. I don’t think these guys are blame others types, they generally own up to having a bad day or making mistakes, at least that’s what I see.
JBlain619
4/29/2021 8:37am
ctbale wrote:
I was wondering why Kenny even agreed to the interview. Yea, I get he wants to be loyal to his fans, but jesus christ that was...

Mavetism wrote:
I don't think they have a choice and get fined if they refuse to give Interviews, no? Remember AC post race Interview at Vegas 2019 after...
Correct, required to per their OEM contracts.
USA
Fantasy
428th
4/29/2021 11:30am
Reminds me of "it's just a dirtbike race"

Post a reply to: "What do you want me to say?"

The Latest