What do you all think of Mike Healey?

ron63
10/13/2013 3:51am
Hey there all! It's my first post, already following this forum for a long time- but now i had to join and write a few lines...
I was racing with the Gunner back in the 90's here in Europe, indoors in Vienna(on wooden floor), where the #99 was the biggest star and also outdoors in our austrian Championship and a few Events during the GP's.
I just remember Mike as one of the nicest guys out there(off the bike), even if he was the badass punkrock kid.
Myself, i also went through rough times, got paralized after a crash in 2001, but i'll always look back on our short time together here in Austria with a big smile on my face!
Don't know what he has been trough, but i'm sure he still has his heart on the right side!!!
COAL-TRAIN
10/13/2013 10:29am
I'll talk to Mike and see if he has any interest in doing more. Yes DC had to to a lot of editing, there must have...
I'll talk to Mike and see if he has any interest in doing more. Yes DC had to to a lot of editing, there must have been at least 30 pages of text. The interview took several hours to complete. And to those of you that don't know Mike and have negative things to say , just shut it. You cannot possibly have a clue as to what led him to where he went. Mike is one of few people I would trust to watch over my kids. The guy has a heart of gold and his close friends know that.
Dude shut the fuck up already about what he has been through and what pushed him to ROB AND INJURE AN OLD LADY.
I didnt have anything good to say so I opted not to comment on this thread. But if your gonna come on here and yap about what a good guy he is and tell people that have a problem w the fact he couldn't control his drugs or himself and Robbed and old lady in such a violent act he broke her shoulder to shut it, then Im chiming in to tell you your an idiot and you would be singing a different tune if it were your Grandmother.
I hope the best for Mike...but the guy crossed a line!
DC
10/14/2013 8:44am
Sorry guys, I do not have the unedited version of the Healey interview that Eric Johnson did in my computer. I personally do not think the story was rushed, there was just a very large amount of information between the career of Mike Healey and the dark, deep spiral that was Mike's life after racing...

DC
MX Sports
gnarwhip
10/14/2013 10:40am
What a rad video...one thing's for sure Healy is ten times more intelligent than most of today's racers that can't even put together complete sentences.

The Shop

BigDaddyG
10/14/2013 11:04am
I grew up racing in SoCal back in the mid 80's.....growing up watching Mike race was extremely bad ass. He was one of the racers that I looked up to, among others.

Ya Mike messed up and did something that I and most would never think of doing. The fact that he did what he did, owned up to it, PAID HIS DUE TO SOCIETY and has learned from it is enough for me to not let it tarnish my child hood memories of him.

Good for you Mike, getting and staying healthy after a gnarly addiction.
davistld01
10/14/2013 2:04pm
Does anybody have a link to the RacerX Mike Healey article by DC? I've searched all over the web...can't find it.
motojoel
10/29/2013 3:52pm
DC wrote:
Sorry guys, I do not have the unedited version of the Healey interview that Eric Johnson did in my computer. I personally do not think the...
Sorry guys, I do not have the unedited version of the Healey interview that Eric Johnson did in my computer. I personally do not think the story was rushed, there was just a very large amount of information between the career of Mike Healey and the dark, deep spiral that was Mike's life after racing...

DC
MX Sports
DC, I loved the article and am rooting for Mike, I just remember when it came out that I wanted more and Matthes and EJ saying there was. No complaints, just was hoping it was still in your computer! See you at Glen Helen...
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
10/29/2013 5:30pm Edited Date/Time 10/30/2013 7:46am
Everybody has their vices. Some are rougher than others. Even so, if he beat an old lady to the point of breaking her collar bone and then robbing her, he needs the maximum jail sentence allowable.
MaxPower
10/30/2013 1:36am
I wonder if he was doing heroin when he refused to stand under our flag when Stanton didn't let him win and give him GP points. I think it was at Unadilla.
Paulbeds
10/30/2013 2:24am
MaxPower wrote:
I wonder if he was doing heroin when he refused to stand under our flag when Stanton didn't let him win and give him GP points...
I wonder if he was doing heroin when he refused to stand under our flag when Stanton didn't let him win and give him GP points. I think it was at Unadilla.
The faultless man talked......
Paul333
1/2/2019 4:58pm
I have been a fan of Healey since we were both on 80’s. He was an probably still is an azazing rider. You don’t survive in MX as long as he did and do so well without being a rare talent. He just had a few bad breaks and then unfortunately succumbed to drug addiction like so many. I’d pay to learn how to ride from him any day.
moore433
1/2/2019 5:45pm
He was a hell of a rider and as long as he’s not high when my kids are present, he can do whatever he wants to in his own time..:
r.sal923
1/2/2019 7:06pm
He is a piece of shit. I personally know a guy who took classes with him when he was around 14-15, and mike hooked him on...
He is a piece of shit. I personally know a guy who took classes with him when he was around 14-15, and mike hooked him on painkillers. Fucked up thing to do to a kid
langhammx wrote:
Not much Different than Ryan Hughes smoking weed. Just sayin'.....
Drug addict. That is the new name for pot heads in Canada
RydeRed
1/2/2019 8:10pm
He must have done Pings hair and mustache. What happened to Ping anyway? Midlife crisis or something?

I had to google him and JT after Matthes kept ragging on their haircuts.

langhammx
Fantasy
455th
1/2/2019 9:38pm
langhammx wrote:
So you opened a four and a half year old thread to see how he’s doing ? Blink

He’s doing great, healeybarber99 on Instagram.
https://instagram.com/healeybarber99?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid…
orange_44 wrote:
Yea got a problem?
Yeah, maybe...

I just don’t like seeing old threads that drag people back thru the mud, when it’s unnecessary. He’s been thru enough already. Paid his dues for his actions.
If you really wanted to know how he was doing these days, starting a new thread would get the same answers without digging up old drama. Just sayin’

Carry on
orange_44
1/3/2019 9:31am
langhammx wrote:
Yeah, maybe... I just don’t like seeing old threads that drag people back thru the mud, when it’s unnecessary. He’s been thru enough already. Paid his...
Yeah, maybe...

I just don’t like seeing old threads that drag people back thru the mud, when it’s unnecessary. He’s been thru enough already. Paid his dues for his actions.
If you really wanted to know how he was doing these days, starting a new thread would get the same answers without digging up old drama. Just sayin’

Carry on
I didn’t think it was worth starting a new thread. There’s a thread about him already so why not use it? I don’t care about the 3 people in this old ass thread that shit on mike and I’m sure he doesn’t either. I and anyone else who reads this thread will see all the people saying how awesome he was and is and will take their word for it. Not the minoritys opinion.
1/3/2019 10:44am
Would like to see him come over to the UK to do the VMXD @ Farleigh Castle, think he would be surprised how many fans would like to see him over here again. Wonder if Dave Kings reading this
orange_44
1/3/2019 11:49am
Awesome to see that it appears he’s made being a barber his new career and he looks good! Very happy for Mike and his family. I first heard him on an old pulp show and thought his story was intriguing and hoped he had stayed clean and it seems he has. Good for you Mike!!
captmoto
1/3/2019 12:35pm
Hamster 75 wrote:
Would like to see him come over to the UK to do the VMXD @ Farleigh Castle, think he would be surprised how many fans would...
Would like to see him come over to the UK to do the VMXD @ Farleigh Castle, think he would be surprised how many fans would like to see him over here again. Wonder if Dave Kings reading this
He probably can't travel abroad with a felony conviction.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
1/4/2019 7:48pm
orange_44 wrote:
I didn’t think it was worth starting a new thread. There’s a thread about him already so why not use it? I don’t care about the...
I didn’t think it was worth starting a new thread. There’s a thread about him already so why not use it? I don’t care about the 3 people in this old ass thread that shit on mike and I’m sure he doesn’t either. I and anyone else who reads this thread will see all the people saying how awesome he was and is and will take their word for it. Not the minoritys opinion.
you’re right ! I give up...

Gibby hates it when old threads get recycled for good reason and this thread is a perfect example why, IMHO

Hasletjoe
1/14/2019 7:12pm Edited Date/Time 1/14/2019 7:24pm
How ironic, read this thread and tonight was just organizing some old magazines. Not sure this is "THE" Mike Healey as it was June 1974 Minicycle magazine.
Sully
1/14/2019 7:22pm
Hasletjoe wrote:
How ironic, read this thread and tonight was just organizing some old magazines. Not sure this is "THE" Mike Healey as it was June 1974 Minicycle...
How ironic, read this thread and tonight was just organizing some old magazines. Not sure this is "THE" Mike Healey as it was June 1974 Minicycle magazine.
Is that an ItalJet, or an Indian?
Hasletjoe
1/14/2019 7:26pm
Sully, I had to use a magnifying glass, the sticker on the visor says Indian

Post a reply to: What do you all think of Mike Healey?

The Latest