What did you guys do for Tib/ankle recovery?

SKIDLID
Fantasy
805th
7/25/2019 11:57am
I broke my tib/fib and dislocated my ankle in 2011. The dr splinted my leg with my toes pointed like a ballerina, and I think that...
I broke my tib/fib and dislocated my ankle in 2011. The dr splinted my leg with my toes pointed like a ballerina, and I think that is why I lost probably 30% range of motion. I’ve had 2 separate surgeries after the initial fixation to remove hardware. I just had it x rayed 2 months ago and I have a huge bone spur preventing my ankle from going passed 90 degrees. It’s been such a pain in the ass, I wish I would have went to a different hospital when I broke it.
SKIDLID wrote:
I had a similar deal with my tibia. When it healed it put a ledge at the front that prevented much movement past 8 degrees movement...
I had a similar deal with my tibia. When it healed it put a ledge at the front that prevented much movement past 8 degrees movement. There was some talk of going back in and trying to remove some. Seven years later I cased a jump and broke 4 metatarsals, 4 toes and broke some of this ledge of my tibia. I have a slight more movement but it is still very limited. I can run just need to be in athletic shoes to do it. Not happening wearing flat DC or Etnies.

Steve, are you the ex snocross Steve Martin?
Gnarly man! Have you considered getting it scoped? I’m going to get my bone spur removed, and they are removing the rest of my hardware while...
Gnarly man! Have you considered getting it scoped? I’m going to get my bone spur removed, and they are removing the rest of my hardware while they are in there, I hope to regain some movement, it really limits me in the gym. Haha yeah that’s me! I actually got a ride to race pro vet in the nationals this winter, I’m pretty excited.
Scoping is not an option for me according to my doctors. The gap between every thing is just too small now. I have tried for 10 years to grow my calf size at the gym but have had little to show for it.

I raced you when you where younger at semi pro and then moved to pro vet for a few years. Time, injuries and family put an end to it for me in 2009. Cool to see you still race!
stevemartin
7/25/2019 1:14pm
SKIDLID wrote:
I had a similar deal with my tibia. When it healed it put a ledge at the front that prevented much movement past 8 degrees movement...
I had a similar deal with my tibia. When it healed it put a ledge at the front that prevented much movement past 8 degrees movement. There was some talk of going back in and trying to remove some. Seven years later I cased a jump and broke 4 metatarsals, 4 toes and broke some of this ledge of my tibia. I have a slight more movement but it is still very limited. I can run just need to be in athletic shoes to do it. Not happening wearing flat DC or Etnies.

Steve, are you the ex snocross Steve Martin?
Gnarly man! Have you considered getting it scoped? I’m going to get my bone spur removed, and they are removing the rest of my hardware while...
Gnarly man! Have you considered getting it scoped? I’m going to get my bone spur removed, and they are removing the rest of my hardware while they are in there, I hope to regain some movement, it really limits me in the gym. Haha yeah that’s me! I actually got a ride to race pro vet in the nationals this winter, I’m pretty excited.
SKIDLID wrote:
Scoping is not an option for me according to my doctors. The gap between every thing is just too small now. I have tried for 10...
Scoping is not an option for me according to my doctors. The gap between every thing is just too small now. I have tried for 10 years to grow my calf size at the gym but have had little to show for it.

I raced you when you where younger at semi pro and then moved to pro vet for a few years. Time, injuries and family put an end to it for me in 2009. Cool to see you still race!
Small world! What series?
Justin345
7/26/2019 7:12am Edited Date/Time 7/26/2019 7:13am
Rehab rehab rehab, follow doctors orders and eat a lot of protein. Your body uses up a lot of protein to rebuild the bone.

The Shop

Post a reply to: What did you guys do for Tib/ankle recovery?

The Latest