What did the King have to say about block passing?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/10/2018 9:02 AM

all of the current professional dirt bike riders, need to watch this example of the King at work, maybe grow up, and realize they are in a man's sport.

leave a door open, or be slowing down the guy going forward, one should be aware a block pass may just put you on the ground.

you have to want to be the best, not complain, like a girl, when someone gets the better of you.

Jeremy McGrath Houston 1994... one of the 72 wins

Team mate, Doug Henry

Photo

Team mate, Jeff Stanton

Photo

Old friendly rival, Brian Swink

Photo

and for the lead, his old pal Jeffro

Photo

The race is here, sorry about the spoilers:

that was giving.... how well did he take a good block pass from his buddy Ryan Hughes a year later?

Photo
|

2/10/2018 9:41 AM

Nice post! I think that's what make motorcycle racing so great (compared to car racing). You can take a different line and cut somebody off to get his position. As long as there is no T-boning or cross jumping I am fine with it. The Ando and Barcia passes were fine for me last weekend.

|

2/10/2018 9:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2018 9:52 AM

Exactly. Line choices make MX/SX so very different from car racing. MX is a flow sport. Imo no connection with car racing, but more like fighter pilots in air combat. Terrestrially, it's more like surfing and/or boxing than "motorsports".

Yes good post though, cool moments to revisit.

|

2/10/2018 1:41 PM

Check out around 12:40:

Looks so familiar, doesn't it?
|

James

2/10/2018 1:49 PM

Who is the king? Interesting Post..if MC was racing during the RC, JS7 era he would not have 72 SX races oh excuse me RC ended that shit! It's almost as if RC ended MC racing career!

|

Mugen666

2/10/2018 2:07 PM

Travis Pastrana wrote a really good article in one of his Racer X columns, basically saying if you get taken out, its your own fault for leaving the inside line open, and for not being aware the rider was coming,

|

2/10/2018 2:24 PM

MX-LIFE. wrote:

Who is the king? Interesting Post..if MC was racing during the RC, JS7 era he would not have 72 SX races oh excuse me RC ended that shit! It's almost as if RC ended MC racing career!

Pretty sure the 1st year RC stepped into the 250 cc class MC had him covered.

|

2/10/2018 2:30 PM

Great post.

But how is this even a debate on a MX forum ?

Anyone who disputes that has is probably some little kid who has never raced a AMA race.

|

2/10/2018 2:34 PM

scott_nz wrote:

Travis Pastrana wrote a really good article in one of his Racer X columns, basically saying if you get taken out, its your own fault for leaving the inside line open, and for not being aware the rider was coming,

Peick said it too in the pulp show: you need to know who is behind and where he is. If a guy like barcia is following you, you better cover the inside.

|

2/10/2018 3:04 PM

MX-LIFE. wrote:

kong0036 wrote:

***First 2 years.

cool

|

James

2/10/2018 3:15 PM

SoCalMX70 wrote:

Doesn’t look familiar at all. Jeremy never touched RC.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

2/10/2018 3:19 PM

MX-LIFE. wrote:

kong0036 wrote:

SoCalMX70 wrote:

***First 2 years.

cool

Beat me to it

|

2/10/2018 3:28 PM

scott_nz wrote:

#434 wrote:

Peick said it too in the pulp show: you need to know who is behind and where he is. If a guy like barcia is following you, you better cover the inside.

whoopty doo.. i've said it a hundred times.

both of your posts suggest that if those riders didn't say it, then it wouldn't be true. You don't need Pastrana or Pieck to reaffirm what any 1st year student of motocross already knows.

|

2/10/2018 3:47 PM

scott_nz wrote:

#434 wrote:

Katoomey wrote:

whoopty doo.. i've said it a hundred times.

both of your posts suggest that if those riders didn't say it, then it wouldn't be true. You don't need Pastrana or Pieck to reaffirm what any 1st year student of motocross already knows.

With all this complaining about the Anderson and Barcia passes it doesn't seem that it's common knowledge, haha

|

2/10/2018 3:55 PM

#434 wrote:

With all this complaining about the Anderson and Barcia passes it doesn't seem that it's common knowledge, haha

touche

|

2/10/2018 4:01 PM

Racer111 wrote:

Exactly.

|

James

2/10/2018 4:07 PM

SoCalMX70 wrote:

Racer111 wrote:

SoCalMX70 wrote:

Exactly.

Idiot.

|

4/22/2018 5:37 AM

bump

|

4/22/2018 5:41 AM

To determine an industry person’s opinion, just follow the money.

|

JS7 is the most entertaining rider since Hannah, my first hero,. even living in the frozen north.
Dirt biking from 11 to late 50’s, loves wood riding on the old 525.

4/22/2018 6:54 AM

I always thought RC was the king of anticipating a block pass and running high and cutting back under the block. That's the deal with last night. Tomac had to know it was coming, or he should have.

|

4/22/2018 6:59 AM

So, just so I understand. Block passing and t-boning someone are the same thing?

|

4/22/2018 7:12 AM

Block passing comes with the territory. Running a line straight into another rider is hoe shit!!! At the end of the day, these guys make a good bit of money in the 450 class. Like Eli said “ a $5,000 fine is a drop in the bucket. As long Marvin knows that he’s got one coming, its all good

|

4/22/2018 7:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/22/2018 7:22 AM

Wiff3 wrote:

So, just so I understand. Block passing and t-boning someone are the same thing?

Photo

Wheel in front....no t-bone. Watch the replay..there is no contact before this point. Eli left the door open and knows it.
|

4/22/2018 7:28 AM

Wiff3 wrote:

dcg141 wrote: Photo

Wheel in front....no t-bone. Watch the replay..there is no contact before this point. Eli left the door open and knows it.

Exactly. I don't get all these people saying T-boneing, going the wrong way on the track, and my favorite, head on collision. WTF are they watching? Marv got in front on Eli and blocked his line. If anything Eli blasted Marv. You may not agree with how Marv got in front of him, but he was. This picture shows it perfectly, he didn't get the track, it might not be the fastest line but he's in front of Eli. I think Eli is just pissed because he thought once he was around Marv he would've checked out, and as we see that's not how it ended.

|

4/22/2018 7:31 AM

Gixxxerboy wrote:

Block passing comes with the territory. Running a line straight into another rider is hoe shit!!! At the end of the day, these guys make a good bit of money in the 450 class. Like Eli said “ a $5,000 fine is a drop in the bucket. As long Marvin knows that he’s got one coming, its all good

Stop.... not because this KTM/Husqvarna vs Kawi relationship is becoming quite interesting for both classes, but it wasn’t a “hoe shit” (whatever that is) straight line into Elizabeth. Aggressive and Elizabeth would have and has done the same thing.

|

4/22/2018 7:41 AM

Wiff3 wrote:

dcg141 wrote: Photo

yak651 wrote:

Exactly. I don't get all these people saying T-boneing, going the wrong way on the track, and my favorite, head on collision. WTF are they watching? Marv got in front on Eli and blocked his line. If anything Eli blasted Marv. You may not agree with how Marv got in front of him, but he was. This picture shows it perfectly, he didn't get the track, it might not be the fastest line but he's in front of Eli. I think Eli is just pissed because he thought once he was around Marv he would've checked out, and as we see that's not how it ended.

You're right. Eli is already turned and headed in the correct direction on the track. Marvin had no chance of making the turn without Eli's help. It was such a bad move on Marvin's part that Eli damn near t-bones him.

It was a bs move my Marv and he knows it.

|

4/22/2018 7:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/22/2018 7:55 AM

Wiff3 wrote:

You're right. Eli is already turned and headed in the correct direction on the track. Marvin had no chance of making the turn without Eli's help. It was such a bad move on Marvin's part that Eli damn near t-bones him.

It was a bs move my Marv and he knows it.

a

|

4/22/2018 7:55 AM

Photo

this is just an example of winners wanting to win. JMG clearly triples in to the normal line, with Swink right in front of him. This stuff happens all the time in SX and motocross. This example was early on in the main, not for 100K on the last lap.

MM isn't known for moves like this, and that worked to his advantage. ET is an awesome rider, but his main competition for the outdoor championship, just beat him. Nice and aggressive. ET should have taken it better, instead of crying. But we're all emotional creatures and he lost alot last night.
|

4/22/2018 8:05 AM

Here’s what the king had to say about it. There’s much more from him in the comments on a few different pictures that I saw last night. Jeremy thought it was a bs move. Photo

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

4/22/2018 8:08 AM

Here’s a few more

Photo

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals