What dialogue is going through your head

Related:
Create New Tag

12/29/2018 2:22 PM

Title speaks for itself - what do you tell yourself either in your head or out loud while riding/racing? For me - and I’ve said this before in another thread - its go go go coming out of corners and get on it - there’s been a few oh shit oh shit - but I’m really curious - what self talk is taking place out on the track?

|

12/29/2018 2:29 PM

Im the best..... around... aint ever gonna bring me down! And lots of brapps haha

|

12/29/2018 3:00 PM

Great topic and excellent question. I dont race anymore but when I did I would actually do mathmatical equations in my head. Usually including my # and the# of the racer ahead, or who I just passed, etc. Alot of the time it was just random multiplication tables, random division and exponents. Another strange one is I would talk backwards ( a skill that i've had since my youth) to myself. Reciting banners, racers names and of course random things. Last but not least, when I was in middle school and High scool I took Spanish class so I would do verb conjugations in my head and essentially practice espanol. Mental focus and concentration is an interesting topic with a lot of theories worth researching.

|

THERE IS NO SECOND MOTO IN LIFE!

12/29/2018 3:05 PM

I tend to giggle when things go bad. I giggle a lot!

|

12/29/2018 3:06 PM

I like to sing songs. Something fast pace but keeps me relaxed. Plus I like to think of one thing I need to improve and focus on until it becomes routine.

|

12/29/2018 3:09 PM

“Did I leave the oven on?”

|

12/29/2018 3:13 PM

I mutter instructions to myself, good lines, close calls, lines to take next lap, gear selection for sections, brake points, just old habit.

I hear some guys shouting to themselves or others, swearing, going off! Everyone handles adrenaline differently. lol

|

12/29/2018 3:24 PM

Seems I tell my self to stop thinking about the hot girl track side and concentrate on the task at hand.

|

12/29/2018 3:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/29/2018 3:45 PM

Nothing. Life is shut off. It’s wierd. I think about nothing but the task at hand. Hitting my marks. I only talk after the panic rev. And it always ends with “aw shit this isn’t going to end well”. But mostly just different renditions if the F word.

|

GP740
Since 1987

12/29/2018 3:38 PM

Sir Roostsalot wrote:

Great topic and excellent question. I dont race anymore but when I did I would actually do mathmatical equations in my head. ...more

I used to do that a lot when i ran. Lots of math can get done in 3 miles lol.

|

12/29/2018 3:40 PM

Don't crash, don't crash, don't crash, don't crash.......

|

12/29/2018 3:45 PM

Im always wondering what gear im in lol
I wish i had a gear indicator

|

12/29/2018 3:45 PM

Grenader26 wrote:

“Did I leave the oven on?”

Deadpool

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

12/29/2018 3:50 PM

Hell yeah !!!

I'm in third

Fourth

Fifth

Sixth

Seventh

Ok I'm faster than 8th

Yeah he got a shit start but no way I'm out of the top te ...

Should've covered that line ... daymmmm

|

12/29/2018 3:52 PM

Breath

|

12/29/2018 3:56 PM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

Nothing. Life is shut off. It’s wierd. I think about nothing but the task at hand. Hitting my marks. I only talk after the ...more

I was like that most of the time especially racing.. Which is what I love so much about it!

That said my mind would wander if I was runnin laps at home haha.. Mostly songs but I remember as a kid runnin the come through the pack to win on the last lap fantasy haha

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

12/29/2018 4:13 PM

I’m winning practice!!!!

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

12/29/2018 4:27 PM

Mainly nothing. As I get older, it seems to come after the second lap... "Eat.....less....pizzzzaaaaa"..

During racing, not just local stuff, but qualifiers and bigger races, I ride like shit if I can't gain mental clarity. The past few years, at local races, it seems like I always had my wife and kid (3.5 year old now) in the back of my head. Mainly when pushing or thinking about jumping a booter here or there. Once I lined up at a regional, post kid, I was so in the moment it was like I was soley put on Earth for that moment. I might try for Loretta's again just to try to achieve that clarity again, like granular clarity. I can see the grainyness of the sand in my head right now from a few corners at Baja.

When I was younger and had no F's to give, I would think about all kinda stuff. Seemed like the less thought I put in to it, the better I rode.

|

12/29/2018 4:35 PM

Mainly “Breathe idiot!”
When I was a kid I used to always tell myself RC was on my arse to keep me from dropping intensity lol

|

12/29/2018 5:39 PM

" Man I feel good!!.....wonder if I look good hucking this big ol' jum........oh look a butterfly!"

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

12/29/2018 5:46 PM

My brain will often fixate on a song and it will replay over and over in my head. Sometimes i zone out and my brain just goes wherever it wants to. I forget everything about the real world and feel fresh as a daisy when i drive home. I always feel great until i cant ride for awhile. Great topic

|

12/29/2018 6:14 PM

"Man I am so sick"
-2 corners later -
"Omg I am a complete goon, I should probably pull off and go home"

|

12/29/2018 6:29 PM

"Smoother is Faster. Don't sweat the small stuff." Whenever I have a bobble

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

12/29/2018 6:32 PM

Dumbass, your getting passed again. Your better than that, quit riding like a sissy!

|

12/29/2018 6:39 PM

Moto520 wrote:

My brain will often fixate on a song and it will replay over and over in my head. Sometimes i zone out and my brain just goes ...more

I was going to post this exact thing. I think whenever I'm in any sort of flow state, I'll have sometimes just one or two lines from a song looping in my head.

|

12/29/2018 6:42 PM

1. Riding is the one thing that truly shuts my brain off so I don't think anything usually
2. Besides that, damn this jump is big
3. Holy fuck the landing just disappeared
4. This shit is gonna hurt
5. I wonder if QT is still serving breakfast pizza today
6. Im going fast

|

12/29/2018 7:02 PM

Might be in a minority but i dont have anything in my head. Its a weird zen like focus

|

12/29/2018 7:34 PM

Some of you guys have way to much thinking going on to be out riding.

|

12/29/2018 8:28 PM

This is some weird shit. Please continue.

|

12/29/2018 8:32 PM

Point the toes In toward the fork leg. I heard some one say to try that in another thread. Actually seemed to help today! But usually not anything unless someone makes me mad

|