What could’ve and should’ve been at the Junior World Championship

MXMattii
Edited Date/Time 9/1/2018 8:18am
Liam Everts' story about an eventful Junior World Championship

Past weekend the best young motocross riders from all over the planet gathered in Horsham, Australia. In the 85cc class Liam Everts lined up to compete for the world title.

The young Belgian started the weekend with a second and a eighth place in free practice one and free practice two. In qualification the “Seven clothing” supported youngster got a fifth time, good for the fifth pick at the starting gate.

Between Saturday and Sunday the racetrack got a little make-over. The rock hard surface got ripped and milled open, this combined with some water created an interesting track with more line choices.

READ MORE on VITALMX
|
YZed250
8/30/2018 4:10pm
Big-end went out, is what I heard. Very strange given that the track was not covered in water and the bike probably had barely any hours on it.
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2033rd
8/30/2018 7:11pm
Was there filming with some Americans. Stefan told the organizers to rip and soak the track overnight to help his son and make the track feel more 'european'. It was fast, racey, and tacky on Saturday. On sunday it was sloppy and kinda shit but worked for Liams style which is a very smooth and Stefan like.

Moto96
8/30/2018 7:31pm
Track looked fine to me.
IMHO, knobbies are supposed to throw dirt clods, not make dust and blue groove.
roby029
Fantasy
1899th
8/31/2018 1:28am
the rougher the better for Ryder D..Saturdays track didnt let the true motocross skill of the riders
be shown

The Shop

roby029
Fantasy
1899th
8/31/2018 1:36am
Why dont any of those kids come over and race Loretta Lynns
8/31/2018 1:36am
I could imagine his father being quite gnarly on him. Hope he turns out okay!
cookies
8/31/2018 1:38am
roby029 wrote:
Euro's are pussies! Thats why. Laughing
block75
8/31/2018 1:45am
The young kid was on it in the first moto but unfortunately in the 2nd it just didn’t go his way, however I Did notice that not only did Liam just walk off and leaves his bike there but neither any member of his team went to get it and a New Zealand team member picked it up and walked it all the way back to the pits for them when he could have watched his own team compete. Credit to the New Zealand team member and I hope Liam and his team thanked him
Cortami79
8/31/2018 2:14am
Actually from what I heard and see, he is really patient. Much different from his own youth. It is well know Harry was gnarly on Stefan. Stefan tries it the other way and says that Liam is very motivated. Some Belgian tv channel did a documentary of him at Balen and it looks like he really has a heart for the sport. Hopefully we will see some great things from him next year when he steps up to the 125 class.
8/31/2018 2:29am
MXMattii wrote:
[u][b]What could’ve and should’ve been at the Junior World Championship[/b] [i]Liam Everts' story about an eventful Junior World Championship[/i][/u] [url=https://www.vitalmx.com/news/press-release/What-couldve-and-shouldve-been-at-the-Junior-World-Championship,21024][img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/stories/2018/08/30/max_3D0A3484_1_54898.jpg[/img][/url] [i]Past weekend the best young motocross...
Liam Everts' story about an eventful Junior World Championship

Past weekend the best young motocross riders from all over the planet gathered in Horsham, Australia. In the 85cc class Liam Everts lined up to compete for the world title.

The young Belgian started the weekend with a second and a eighth place in free practice one and free practice two. In qualification the “Seven clothing” supported youngster got a fifth time, good for the fifth pick at the starting gate.

Between Saturday and Sunday the racetrack got a little make-over. The rock hard surface got ripped and milled open, this combined with some water created an interesting track with more line choices.

READ MORE on VITALMX
Was Deegan's kid there?
PJRAUS
8/31/2018 4:03am
The Horsham facility and club are top notch! Unfortunately the dirt is just rock hard clay, when they rotary hoe it and water it, it gets really sloppy then that roosts away leaving slick as ice square edge chop...I raced there earlier in the year and found it super difficult...
They are always bringing in vegetable matter to work into it...really they probably need to bring in sand, but I don't think that's even remotely viable for them.
In the end its a track that favours riders who set up their suspension very well , ride with great throttle control and stand up all the way through corners.
I like the track but it didn't like me....looking forward to racing there again asap, will be better prepared next time
DeStouwer
8/31/2018 4:09am
block75 wrote:
The young kid was on it in the first moto but unfortunately in the 2nd it just didn’t go his way, however I Did notice that...
The young kid was on it in the first moto but unfortunately in the 2nd it just didn’t go his way, however I Did notice that not only did Liam just walk off and leaves his bike there but neither any member of his team went to get it and a New Zealand team member picked it up and walked it all the way back to the pits for them when he could have watched his own team compete. Credit to the New Zealand team member and I hope Liam and his team thanked him
Seems this is a trend with a lot of youngsters. I've seen Horgmo do the same at Assen a few years back when he still rode 125cc. His bike stopped not that far from pitlane, he puts his back against the sideberm of a jump a easily walks back to pitlane. Seemed a bit strange to me as he was walking back anyway and all the weels were still functioning. Like he doesn't have respect for his machinery.
MXMattii
8/31/2018 6:24am
roby029 wrote:
The qualification towards Loretta, makes that you need to fly over three times. But I remember Christophe Pourcel, Ken Roczen, ... doing it. I also remember Romain Febvre racing the Mini O's because there are no Area and regional qualifications. Maybe DC can put down one European qualifier in the schedule, so Europeans only need to fly in for the LL final, if there is any need of Europeans Tongue
8/31/2018 6:37am
Zacka 161 wrote:
Was there filming with some Americans. Stefan told the organizers to rip and soak the track overnight to help his son and make the track feel...
Was there filming with some Americans. Stefan told the organizers to rip and soak the track overnight to help his son and make the track feel more 'european'. It was fast, racey, and tacky on Saturday. On sunday it was sloppy and kinda shit but worked for Liams style which is a very smooth and Stefan like.

Karma is a bitch...
Crush
8/31/2018 6:49am
Cortami79 wrote:
Actually from what I heard and see, he is really patient. Much different from his own youth. It is well know Harry was gnarly on Stefan...
Actually from what I heard and see, he is really patient. Much different from his own youth. It is well know Harry was gnarly on Stefan. Stefan tries it the other way and says that Liam is very motivated. Some Belgian tv channel did a documentary of him at Balen and it looks like he really has a heart for the sport. Hopefully we will see some great things from him next year when he steps up to the 125 class.
There would be no need to pressure him. He's talented and would have to be a vegetable to not understand the legacy his family has built. That would be motivation enough, and what kid doesn't want to ride all the time?
DA498
8/31/2018 6:58am
Congrats to the actual winner, Caden Braswell (USA).
8/31/2018 7:37am
roby029 wrote:
Because that would require 5-6 months in the USA or 3 trips to the USA. Think about it. Plus, there's really no point. There are races in Europe and this one in Australia, for example, for them to make their name.
YZed250
8/31/2018 8:53am
Cortami79 wrote:
Actually from what I heard and see, he is really patient. Much different from his own youth. It is well know Harry was gnarly on Stefan...
Crush wrote:
There would be no need to pressure him. He's talented and would have to be a vegetable to not understand the legacy his family has built...
There would be no need to pressure him. He's talented and would have to be a vegetable to not understand the legacy his family has built. That would be motivation enough, and what kid doesn't want to ride all the time?
My kids don't want to ride all the time, if at all. They have all the bikes they could want and I take them to great places to ride. Makes me very sad, BUT we make it for it on the court and still spend a lot of time together. They spend pretty minimal time in front of a screen and get good grades, so I can't be too sad for long.
roby029
Fantasy
1899th
8/31/2018 9:43pm
i thought they could get a special exemption that would allow them to not race any qualifiers and still race at lorettas.since they are from a different country ,i could be wrong but i thought i read that somewhere a couple years ago..
9/1/2018 8:18am
roby029 wrote:
i thought they could get a special exemption that would allow them to not race any qualifiers and still race at lorettas.since they are from a...
i thought they could get a special exemption that would allow them to not race any qualifiers and still race at lorettas.since they are from a different country ,i could be wrong but i thought i read that somewhere a couple years ago..
Definitely not the case. Everyone, including foreign riders must race an area and a regional.

Post a reply to: What could’ve and should’ve been at the Junior World Championship

The Latest