What boots do you choose and why?

bigmaico
2/10/2018 4:38pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2018 4:53pm
I use SG 12’s I have wide feet & nothing else works!

I’ve worn the sole out on of my boots due to overly sharp pegs.

Bought a pair of Fox Instincts, but they pinch my right foot after riding for a few hours.

I really like the Instincts & was hoping that they would brake in a little more, If they don’t someone will get a good deal on a some barely used boots!

I need to send my 6 year old SG 12's to be resold & see how long they hold up this time!

ktmdan
2/10/2018 4:46pm
MikeID wrote:
Please Alpinestars, please make another batch of Hi-Point Pro-GPs...lightweight, great feel...would love them in white, too, just like ones I had in ‘87. Use the same...
Please Alpinestars, please make another batch of Hi-Point Pro-GPs...lightweight, great feel...would love them in white, too, just like ones I had in ‘87. Use the same sole, too.

These were my first boots. I can still smell the scent ha.
bvm111
2/10/2018 6:44pm
SG12 because they fit my free flinstone feet
Superdave19
2/10/2018 6:45pm
I will be buried in my SG12's- Nuff said.

The Shop

newmann
2/10/2018 6:47pm
bigmaico wrote:
I use SG 12’s I have wide feet & nothing else works! I’ve worn the sole out on of my boots due to overly sharp pegs...

Bought a pair of Fox Instincts, but they pinch my right foot after riding for a few hours.

I really like the Instincts & was hoping that they would brake in a little more, If they don’t someone will get a good deal on a some barely used boots!

I need to send my 6 year old SG 12's to be resold & see how long they hold up this time!

Of course you are sending them to Randy at Pro-Vue, correct?

https://motocrossactionmag.com/mxa-team-tested-resole-repair/
bigmaico
2/11/2018 5:26am
bigmaico wrote:
I use SG 12’s I have wide feet & nothing else works! I’ve worn the sole out on of my boots due to overly sharp pegs...

newmann wrote:
Of course you are sending them to Randy at Pro-Vue, correct?

https://motocrossactionmag.com/mxa-team-tested-resole-repair/
Joe,

I will send them to Randy, thanks for that information.
sleetdawg
2/12/2018 2:39pm
I absolutley love reading all of the feedack on what boots you choose and why. When it comes to your hands, feet and head it's impossible in my opinion to get something that everyone loves because of body type. I have a smaller more narrow foot, so a Sidi boot works for my foot where a Fox or Gaerne leans toward a wider foot so its a fact that you can not argue. Some of you might say this is a bias opinion, well it is because Sidi does support me, but I can tell that if they didn't work well for my feet and amount of riding I do I would try and find a better option. For those that took the time to read my blog and critique what I wrote thank you as well. We should all do research on what the best product is for us before purchasing it.
Jrewing
2/12/2018 2:47pm
Jett fan but I like my instincts. Feel the positioning on the pegs nicely.
I wish all boots had better melting resistance on the header pipe side of the boot
MikeID
2/13/2018 7:02pm
MikeID wrote:
Please Alpinestars, please make another batch of Hi-Point Pro-GPs...lightweight, great feel...would love them in white, too, just like ones I had in ‘87. Use the same...
Please Alpinestars, please make another batch of Hi-Point Pro-GPs...lightweight, great feel...would love them in white, too, just like ones I had in ‘87. Use the same sole, too.

Ha ha, thanks! I sent them an email. For me, flexibility and feel and light weight are important. I’ve found the solid sole provides good protection and very direct feel to the brake pedal. I also like that the profile of the boot is clean.

If I can’t find any, I’ll take a look at the Sidi offroad boots.

Post a reply to: What boots do you choose and why?

The Latest