What bike to buy for my 12 year old nephew?

rob162
1/9/2020 9:46am
Learn from my mistake get him a good shape used 85. Let him learn on that if he likes it he can race that size bike for 3 .more years. My biggest regret was being 13 5'6 115 lbs and not getting a 85 and going right to a 125. I wish i got a 85 i would have learned so much faster it's not even funny. It rally sucks trying to learn when the bikes bigger then you.

I currently lower my suspension sion 1 inch and i don't think even then that would have helped if i knew that back then.
Tracktor
1/9/2020 11:10am
kborr wrote:
Ok all thanks for all your input! We are gonna get him into a ttr crf or klx to start and see what happens from there...
Ok all thanks for all your input! We are gonna get him into a ttr crf or klx to start and see what happens from there. Thanks again!
lostboy819 wrote:
Cool part is that you will be able to ride it too and have a good time. Wink
That's the great thing about starter bikes like that. They always have a use as they are fun as hell to ride. People always want to skip them for kids getting into riding and move right to a race bike. Makes no sense. Start slow and if they like riding move up. If not you still have a fun play bike.............

The Shop

Post a reply to: What bike to buy for my 12 year old nephew?

The Latest