Might go to Stewart bend for a try kind off like a 997
Spudnut
1/22/2020 11:12am
Pro taper evo sx on husky tc250
Stock Yamaha on yz450

The Shop

Jape_628
1/22/2020 11:32am
I have stock Renthal 971 in 7/8. I would like flex bars but are they flexing that much more than 7/8 bar?
They're totally tunable. Between the elastomer and elastomer nut you can make the bar as soft or as stiff as you'd like. Feel free to hit me up with any questions, I'm the manager at Fasst Co./Flexx Handlebars.
1/22/2020 2:18pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2020 2:21pm
Moto520 wrote:
i go with the Renthal Fatbar 604. I broke my wrist last year and this has always been good for me. Check out the Faast Flex...
i go with the Renthal Fatbar 604. I broke my wrist last year and this has always been good for me. Check out the Faast Flex bars. I hear nothing but good things about these for bad wrists.
Thanks for the post.

Wrists are bad and I think most people with the replays are more on what they just like, rather than best bars for someone with bad wrists!.

As you say the Faast Flex look just the job, but man £400 here!...... I might give this cutting the cross bar on my 997's a shot to see if it helps any, or I do have a set of OEM Renthal Fatbars from my old 2017 KTM 450 (what bend is that anyone?) maybe they will flex more than the 997's?.

Seeing alot of people going with the Pro Taper SX ......is that a much flex bar?, or is it more the bend people enjoy?.

Jape, I would be up for a U.K. tester of a pair!.
Titan1
1/22/2020 3:20pm
I'll probably be the odd man out here...but Faast Flex bars are over rated in my opinion. I bought a set...ran them for three years on two different bikes...middle of a ride trip I crashed and broke them (not a knock on them...one thing I do like about them is that they are incredibly durable)...middle of the day stopped by a dealership and purchased a par of renthals...I honestly couldn't tell a difference at all. From three years of nothing but flex bars...to regular old renthals, back to back...I couldn't tell a difference.

Trust me...with flex bars, you still feel bumps, you still feel chop, hard hits still hurt, you can still hurt your wrist. They aren't a miracle cure.

Yes I tried all different combos of elastometers...

Personally, for the price...they don't work even close to as advertised. And for the life of me I can't figure out why so many people swear by them. (But I'm a guy who just rides the motorcycle...I don't care much about which tires, or grips, or bend of bars, or lever placement, or a few mm's of sag, or if the clickers are a couple clicks off...I just ride the bike...I'd be an awful test rider...so maybe its just me.)
ElliotB16
1/22/2020 3:55pm
Stock 7/8” renthal bars on 2019 kawi. Hated how they felt the first time but love them nowz
Cheddar
1/22/2020 5:07pm
I’m doing an experiment right now.....I recently bought a yz125 to have as a practice bike along side my 2019 crf450. The first day I had them both at the track I was shocked how low the bars on the yz felt. It felt like my hands were on my knees and I had no leverage over the back of the bike. So, I went and got the exact Renthal Fatbar bend that comes stock on the CRF. I’m hoping to achieve a similar cockpit to each other and also better comfort than the previous yz protapers.
Zeke27G
1/23/2020 6:42am Edited Date/Time 1/23/2020 6:43am
Something that I find interesting is the signature bends from riders who have been retired for 10 or 20+ years. Don't get me wrong, these guys are absolute legends, but wouldn't a handlebar manufacture move more product if their signature bends were named after current riders? And if I was a top rider currently, I'd find it weird to be running an RJ, RC or Windham bend? I'm so particular about handlebars, that if I could have my own bend, I'd be all over it! And I'm sure some of these guys do have custom bends, but why aren't they available to the public? In my mind, there is a happy mix somewhere of classic/iconic bar bends and current signature rider bends. C'mon Renthal, can't we get an AC bend? And I'm not talking about the 2019 Vegas SX Final bend...

Post a reply to: Which bars are everyone running?

The Latest