What are you thinking while riding?

Frodad78
7/16/2017 8:09am
If I'm off by myself I'm like man I wonder who's gonna die on Game of Thrones tonight.

If there is the slightest hint that I'm catching the guy in front of me I go stupid mode and I'm able to focus on catching that rider.

I'm definitely the type who needs a rabbit to chase.
snackfedbear
7/17/2017 11:16pm Edited Date/Time 7/17/2017 11:18pm
I did three days of racing in a row while also working graveyards the nights before a few months back. Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. On my last moto of the day on Tuesday (which was also the last moto of the day) I doubled up on my nasal strips before I hit the gate and told myself to only focus on breathing in my nose and out my mouth for the whole moto. Everything else came second nature and I rode my fastest laps of the week during that race. When I came off the track I wasn't even sweating like I was after first practice on Sunday. The power of the mind is pretty amazing at times.

Any other day I'm usually bitching to myself for not putting powder on my balls
kkawboy14
7/18/2017 2:57am
I did three days of racing in a row while also working graveyards the nights before a few months back. Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. On my...
I did three days of racing in a row while also working graveyards the nights before a few months back. Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. On my last moto of the day on Tuesday (which was also the last moto of the day) I doubled up on my nasal strips before I hit the gate and told myself to only focus on breathing in my nose and out my mouth for the whole moto. Everything else came second nature and I rode my fastest laps of the week during that race. When I came off the track I wasn't even sweating like I was after first practice on Sunday. The power of the mind is pretty amazing at times.

Why breath out of your mouth? I focus on keeping my mouth shut all the time so it doesn't dry out and there is less chance of hyperventilating. In and out of the nose slows your breathing down for less forearm pump and helps control your heart rate.

The Shop

jtiger12
7/18/2017 4:40am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Riding is the only thing I can do that my brain is totally turned off from wandering. When I ride it is totally focused on riding!
This. And it's also the reason why I need to ride at least once a month. Winters are hard
snackfedbear
7/18/2017 6:33am
I did three days of racing in a row while also working graveyards the nights before a few months back. Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. On my...

kkawboy14 wrote:
Why breath out of your mouth? I focus on keeping my mouth shut all the time so it doesn't dry out and there is less chance...
Why breath out of your mouth? I focus on keeping my mouth shut all the time so it doesn't dry out and there is less chance of hyperventilating. In and out of the nose slows your breathing down for less forearm pump and helps control your heart rate.
Honestly I've never thought of it this way. I just always felt breathing in my nose and out of my mouth was a faster way of exhausting the co2 from my lungs
kkawboy14
7/18/2017 6:52am

kkawboy14 wrote:
Why breath out of your mouth? I focus on keeping my mouth shut all the time so it doesn't dry out and there is less chance...
Honestly I've never thought of it this way. I just always felt breathing in my nose and out of my mouth was a faster way of...
Honestly I've never thought of it this way. I just always felt breathing in my nose and out of my mouth was a faster way of exhausting the co2 from my lungs
Keeping your mouth shut all the time should help you a lot in how long you can ride fast!
GaryC1
7/18/2017 7:37am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Honestly I've never thought of it this way. I just always felt breathing in my nose and out of my mouth was a faster way of...
kkawboy14 wrote:
Keeping your mouth shut all the time should help you a lot in how long you can ride fast!
To be fair i've been told quite a lot that by breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth helps with breathing and keeping the flow right but i can also see the merit in keeping your mouth closed for dust etc. I suppose it's all personal preference as to what you feel comfortable with and what makes you last the longest on the track
kkawboy14
7/18/2017 7:41am
kkawboy14 wrote:
GaryC1 wrote:
To be fair i've been told quite a lot that by breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth helps with breathing and keeping...
To be fair i've been told quite a lot that by breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth helps with breathing and keeping the flow right but i can also see the merit in keeping your mouth closed for dust etc. I suppose it's all personal preference as to what you feel comfortable with and what makes you last the longest on the track
We should start a new thread and see what the mx trainers say about it. I'm curious now
Rowlands
7/18/2017 11:08am
I remember when I was a young boy shredding my XR100, I would commentate on the race I thought I was in. Of course I was riding around the backyard track by myself.

Now I am thinking about nothing. Only racing
7/18/2017 11:15am
I usually think only a couple more laps then I got to get home before the wife starts bitching about being gone all day

Post a reply to: What are you thinking while riding?

The Latest