What are you guys sleeping on , bed wise ?

49weasel
Edited Date/Time 9/8/2022 7:31pm
Kinda moto related. Figure this is probably the best place to ask this since most of us are beat to hell.

In the market for a new bed for the wife and I. Budget 1k to 6k. Wasted last Sunday testing beds out and really don’t know. Sleep Number seems to be the front runner but the cheapest Purple felt pretty damn good especially for $1500.
|
ddog558
9/7/2022 4:55am
Sleep Number is shit...dont waste your money. Purple is the way to go.
White_jake
Fantasy
153rd
9/7/2022 5:04am
I’ve tried out some tempur pedic and they seem pretty good just expensive. I think we have a nectar right now and I wake up in pain every morning.

The Shop

49weasel
9/7/2022 5:10am Edited Date/Time 9/7/2022 5:14am
ddog558 wrote:
Sleep Number is shit...dont waste your money. Purple is the way to go.
Which one ? I was fully prepared to buy the top of line model and didn’t like it at all.
dedi684
9/7/2022 5:17am
I'm searching for a new one so any help is appreciated.. I'd rather spend money on gear so hopefully not breaking the bank
9/7/2022 5:29am
Don't know how old you are or what you are looking for, but we have had the Sleep Number before and have had two Tempur-Pedic's since. I am 55 with no medical conditions. Anyway, the sleep number was comfortable, but.....we had the California king and I think anything bigger than a queen size has a divider with a triangular shaped wedge. The wedge that takes up the gap makes if uncomfortable to sleep next to your wife or other---picture two pool floats together with a wedge in the middle holding them together. For us the Tempur-Pedic is light years better! We have the firm and it will feel really firm for a week so do not be fooled when you sit on one in the store--it will soften up a little in a week or so. If you are a overweight you probably will not like it. Turning over is a little different because you have to move your body and not slide around--hard to describe but the harder it is for you to move, the more you will not like it. However, we love our Tempur-Pedic and would buy another tomorrow. Have it delivered and set up too--it is very heavy. We sleep like babies and do not wake up sore--wonderful mattress and well worth a few thousand dollars. It will last you about 10 years. Good luck!
peltier626
9/7/2022 5:38am Edited Date/Time 9/7/2022 5:46am
Don't know how old you are or what you are looking for, but we have had the Sleep Number before and have had two Tempur-Pedic's since...
Don't know how old you are or what you are looking for, but we have had the Sleep Number before and have had two Tempur-Pedic's since. I am 55 with no medical conditions. Anyway, the sleep number was comfortable, but.....we had the California king and I think anything bigger than a queen size has a divider with a triangular shaped wedge. The wedge that takes up the gap makes if uncomfortable to sleep next to your wife or other---picture two pool floats together with a wedge in the middle holding them together. For us the Tempur-Pedic is light years better! We have the firm and it will feel really firm for a week so do not be fooled when you sit on one in the store--it will soften up a little in a week or so. If you are a overweight you probably will not like it. Turning over is a little different because you have to move your body and not slide around--hard to describe but the harder it is for you to move, the more you will not like it. However, we love our Tempur-Pedic and would buy another tomorrow. Have it delivered and set up too--it is very heavy. We sleep like babies and do not wake up sore--wonderful mattress and well worth a few thousand dollars. It will last you about 10 years. Good luck!
This guy hit the nail on the head. Had sleep number for years but the divider makes it awkward. Currently have a tempur-pedic pro breeze medium hybrid. The best of both worlds with individual coil wrapped base and tempur material on top. Best sleep and no aches.
Blackie59
9/7/2022 5:44am
We have a Sealy Posturepedic and my only complaint about it is that you can't flip it over and sleep on both sides. Apparently they just don't make mattresses like that anymore but if I could find one I'd buy one.
sandman768
9/7/2022 5:44am Edited Date/Time 9/7/2022 5:47am
Temper pedic for the win, their pillows are also great…also have dreamcloud mattress that I like but wife says not as good as TP... My wife handles all that type of stuff, stupid how expensive this shit is..with that said…. I raced all spring & most of the summer, sleeping in my van on a 30$ cot from Walmart..I slept good in my van most nights….
MXVet261
Fantasy
4078th
9/7/2022 5:53am Edited Date/Time 9/7/2022 5:55am
I remember a few years ago I got ripped on for talking about trying an Alta because there was a separate "Ebike" forum.

Now ya'll talking about fukkin mattresses in here.
FJP667
9/7/2022 6:13am
I will go Sleep Number for the win. We have had our Queen Size Sleep number for 3 years. It is absolutely some of the best money we have ever spend.
Press516
Fantasy
90th
9/7/2022 6:14am
We just got a Tempurpedic Pro-Adapt Medium 2 months back. Even as a medium, it's still a little firm for me. I might do the soft if I was doing it over. But there's no doubt that it is a great bed.
49weasel
9/7/2022 6:20am
MXVet261 wrote:
I remember a few years ago I got ripped on for talking about trying an Alta because there was a separate "Ebike" forum. Now ya'll talking...
I remember a few years ago I got ripped on for talking about trying an Alta because there was a separate "Ebike" forum.

Seems like the perfect place to ask peers their opinion about this topic. We’re all beat up and battered so beds are kinda important.
Take your shit attitude back to Pitracer.
SGoodman
9/7/2022 6:22am
good god it's gonna be a long off-season......
Giraffe579
9/7/2022 6:23am
I got a new bed 1.5 years ago and my GF and I still talk about how comfortable it is. Total game changer for sleep for both of us, and we are aging athletes that won't give up so we are living with constant pain. The bed is a foam and spring hybrid - Serta Soothe from RC Willey for $2500 - but probably any modern mattress would be good. As far as bang-for-the-buck lifestyle improvement, you probably cannot get much better. Except for a KTM 150SX.
jonesaustin
9/7/2022 6:23am
MXVet261 wrote:
I remember a few years ago I got ripped on for talking about trying an Alta because there was a separate "Ebike" forum. Now ya'll talking...

LOL
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
9/7/2022 6:28am
MXVet261 wrote:

That must have been a very harrowing experience for you, I can understand not being able to let it go.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
9/7/2022 6:33am
We have the original Purple. It is insanely comfortable, but I still wake up stiff and achy. My wife is roughly half my weight so it's hard to find a mattress that works for both of us. We tried a sleep number for that very reason and both hated it.
dinger212
9/7/2022 7:16am
Brooklyn Bedding’s firm mattress. Stays cool, it’s supportive (non of that sinking in feeling), and worth every penny. You sleep in your bed every night, buy something that is comfortable for you.
9/7/2022 7:22am
If we're talking moto related, last time I slept it was a dirt nap. Hard packed clay if I remember rightly. Woke up with terrible back pain. Wouldn't recommend.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
9/7/2022 7:23am
Moving topic to non-moto.
Searights
9/7/2022 7:23am
MXVet261 wrote:

It was the WAY you talked about it, MXVet261. Please understand that.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
9/7/2022 7:24am Edited Date/Time 9/7/2022 7:28am
Do yourself a favor and lay down on a latex Matress, before you decide. You can get a very good Matress with adjustable base for that price.
I bought mine here, but they have become available all over. They manufacture them in house.

https://spencersventuramattress.com/natural-latex/

https://spencersventuramattress.com/leggett-platt/

Lots of positives, including lasting twice as long as a high end spring Matress. Don’t make you sweat like a memory foam. No dust mites, etc
Searights
9/7/2022 7:24am
Blackie59 wrote:
We have a Sealy Posturepedic and my only complaint about it is that you can't flip it over and sleep on both sides. Apparently they just...
We have a Sealy Posturepedic and my only complaint about it is that you can't flip it over and sleep on both sides. Apparently they just don't make mattresses like that anymore but if I could find one I'd buy one.
Yep, I miss those mattresses too and have been happy with Sealy.
9/7/2022 7:28am
49weasel wrote:
Which one ? I was fully prepared to buy the top of line model and didn’t like it at all.
We got the basic Purple a few years back. We didn't like the "higher end" ones since we were specifically trying to get away from spring mattresses and the tops were too soft for our liking.

That all being said, years later and the basic model Purple is great and we both still like it a lot. Really no complaints and my back has been better since getting it.

Post a reply to: What are you guys sleeping on , bed wise ?

The Latest